Mikey Williams Arrested | The Boneyard

Mikey Williams Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
This was a kid who made way too much money way to early.

I'm all for people cashing in on their value. But it clearly went to his head being a rich, teenage, social media star before even being able to drive.

Reaction Score
This was a kid who made way too much money way to early.

I'm all for people cashing in on their value. But it clearly went to his head being a rich, teenage, social media star before even being able to drive.
What could possibly go wrong when you pet a 17 year old kid buy a $1.2M house and live with him teammates?

Reaction Score
Wonder if Memphis pulls his scholarship. He would fit right in there though so maybe not.

Reaction Score
This sucks, I live in San Diego right now and he definitely had the chance to be one of the better players to come from here. Everyone was excited when he returned for his Sr year. Turns out 17 year olds who become extremely wealthy don't always make the best life decisions. Really hope he turns it around, but I won't hold my breath.

Reaction Score
This is not just a gun possession charge, it's using it in a crime, either shooting at, shooting, robbing, or pistol whipping someone.

Reaction Score
There is always that SEC Team.....
It's rumored their HC and the Team's Lead Defense Counsel have offered to mentor Mikey through the process........in return for his verbal commitment as a Grad Transfer for the Class of 2027.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
So did he shoot someone or pistol whip someone?
Apparently he got in an altercation with some guys who were visiting his house and as the guys got in their car to drive away he shot at the car.

Nobody was injured but there were 3 minors in the car out of the 5 who were there. Sounds like something that would happen if you give a teenager that much money and freedom to act as if he were an adult. Just stupid.

Reaction Score
So did he shoot someone or pistol whip someone?

Based on the charge, he didn't shoot anyone. iirc I saw yesterday that it could mean he shot AT someone to scare them, or pistol whipped them. But it didn't rise to attempted murder if he was firing shots.

Sick Puppy

Remember, you wanted this.
Reaction Score
Corvette at 16, making millions, hanging with Drake, slammin' babes and hangers-on throwing themselves at you, living in a mansion in a border town, no father at home...what could possibly go wrong?

Reaction Score
Don't wish to be political here but how is it that these kids in college and the NBA haven't been told handgun ownership could cost them a ton of money, get them in trouble and wreck their careers, and simply " don't do this". This is not anti ammendment just common sense.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Don't wish to be political here but how is it that these kids in college and the NBA haven't been told handgun ownership could cost them a ton of money, get them in trouble and wreck their careers, and simply " don't do this". This is not anti ammendment just common sense.

They all have.

The vast majority of NBA players manage to get through their entire lives without committing crimes with guns. But like every other profession on earth, they have good people, bad people, honest people and straight criminals.

Ja Morant just happens to be a criminal whose day job is working for the Grizzlies.

Reaction Score
Don't underestimate gang influence with some gun play we see. You don't get "released" from your gang when you become a pro athlete. For the most part, gangs are for life. Gang loyalties/friendships are all some kids have ever known. I don't know Morant's background, but his gun flashing actions are pretty typical of guys with gang affiliations.

Reaction Score
Don't underestimate gang influence with some gun play we see. You don't get "released" from your gang when you become a pro athlete. For the most part, gangs are for life. Gang loyalties/friendships are all some kids have ever known. I don't know Morant's background, but his gun flashing actions are pretty typical of guys with gang affiliations.

Ha. He’s from the burbs. He’s the son of two former college athletes. That’s what’s so ridiculous about the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom