Mike Rehfeldt Returning to Cincy | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Mike Rehfeldt Returning to Cincy

Reaction Score
No worries. They'll find one if they looked in the right places. Looking at the BMI, Pizza and Chip threads, I'd say 99% of the posters here are qualified.

Edit: I forgot about the Gelato thread.

Reaction Score
No big deal. I was thrilled to have him, but Danny will hire another beast.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
I think I’d be more concerned if it wasn’t easy to connect the dots between him leaving Brannen’s staff due to the dumpster fire and returning to the place where he has strong roots now that the coach in question is gone. Some continuity would be nice, especially in the S&C program, but staff turnover is the way of the world right now.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
You're obviously not participating in the "underrated cities" thread, where Cincy is a standout.

I'm a casual participant.

Buffalo is the "Queen City" not Cinci-tucky. F Cincy.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I think Hurley's hiring of Sal was one of the biggest dings on his time here so far. Hurley is heavy into the self-help/personal development subculture, at least per his IG stories, and that whole sphere is full of people who might have a nice backstory or know how to spew platitudes but that an astute observer can tell are FOS. He got it right with Rehfeldt, hopefully he doesn't backtrack.

Reaction Score
I’m not strong enough to deal with these departures.
I’m trying to have the strength to get through this.
I don’t know squat though.
Keep reading the Boneyard and you'll find it uplifting............

Reaction Score
The UConn men have had six different strength/conditioning coaches over the last eight years, will now need to fill the position again.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
This is like the drummer in Spinal Tap...
I always figure it takes 3 to form a pattern, so perhaps we pump the brakes here, and hope against there being a gardening accident, a spontaneous combustion, or a death from choking on somebody else's vomit.

Reaction Score
This is not good.

There is a disconnect here in who Hurley is hiring and how they perceive Hurley and the long term potential at UCONN and the effect that has regarding their work relationship with him.

Hurley goes out of his way to hire mercenaries and they drop him at the earliest convenience.

They view Hurley as a stepping stone and not a destination. This is a problem.

Bring back Glenn Miller.

Reaction Score
This is not good.

There is a disconnect here in who Hurley is hiring and how they perceive Hurley and the long term potential at UCONN and the effect that has regarding their work relationship with him.

Hurley goes out of his way to hire mercenaries and they drop him at the earliest convenience.

Bring back Glenn Miller.
You haven't improved your posting in the offseason, geezus.

Reaction Score
Sounds like it’s family ties pulling him back. Happens all the time. DH will pull in another beast builder, and if not maybe he’s not our guy.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
This is not good.

Bring back Glenn Miller.

Nba Playoffs Reaction GIF by NBA

Reaction Score
Another perspective on this situation--Out of DH's control-- Could be as simple as sometimes folks from the Mid-West aren't as excited about living in NE as well as New Englanders may not be excited about living in the Mid-West.

His wife and he have Mid-Western roots and she may have additional job opportunities in the area they want to settle down in long-term. Life happens.

Why do I bring this up? I'm married to a Mid-Western small town Iowa lady who I met in Denver where we were both living at the time. Moved back to CT after my Father passed away to help my Mother out. I am a native New Englander. After her first year of living here my wife says to me- "Ready to move back to Denver-- People aren't friendly around here and they never smile." Won't bore you with the rest of the story but we're still here.

Sometimes it's just about family and family preferences. The sky isn't falling because DH hasn't been able to hold onto a SnC coach for sustained periods of time. It doesn't mean there are big problems in the BB Program under DH. Yes it's inconvenient. It'll get fixed with another great fit.

Sometimes the "stuff" that happens in the BB Program is about Life.. Not just about BB.

Reaction Score
When you have a coach like Danny, who is more reliant on recruiting and motivation (than "X's and O's") to get wins, having a great strength coach is a much greater part of the equation.

We saw what the Strength Coach did to Josh after his "Most Improved" year. Josh's Junior year was taken from him because they misread his body.

Strength coaches are every bit as important as the HC. Those guys are in competition with their counterparts as well, and Rehfeldt was a great one.

Reaction Score
When you have a coach like Danny, who is more reliant on recruiting and motivation (than "X's and O's") to get wins, having a great strength coach is a much greater part of the equation.

We saw what the Strength Coach did to Josh after his "Most Improved" year. Josh's Junior year was taken from him because they misread his body.

Strength coaches are every bit as important as the HC. Those guys are in competition with their counterparts as well, and Rehfeldt was a great one.
Isn't there some Saturday morning cartoons that you could be watching?

Reaction Score
This is an interesting one. Very much understand the “want to go home” reasoning. Still seems odd. Don’t love the feeling of a staff in flux.

Reaction Score
Consistency at the Sports Performance Director isn't our team's strength.

Reaction Score
Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom