Mike Neighbors Leaving Univ. Washington for Arkansas? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mike Neighbors Leaving Univ. Washington for Arkansas?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Mike is a good coach, probably better than, say, Holly.

He's from Arkansas, so maybe be wants to go back, but Seattle seems so much more appealing to me than any place in Arkansas.

Reaction Score
I think Mike is a good coach, probably better than, say, Holly.

He's from Arkansas, so maybe be wants to go back, but Seattle seems so much more appealing to me than any place in Arkansas.
But you're not from Arkansas :D

Reaction Score
Im concerned for poor lil Jasmine Lister. Imagine going from living in Seattle to living in Fayetteville, Arkansas :eek::eek:
You know very little about North West Arkansas. It is becoming California East. It has the best of both worlds. A rural environment along with everything big cities have to offer. Rodgers and Benton are just north of Fayetteville. The have an international airport along with other things one would not expect to be there. Just about anything you want you can find there. Benton is the Main office of Walmart along with Tyson. There is a lot of money located in that small area. That brings things that money can buy. You will find more Golf Clubs than anywhere else in the country. Other area's sprinkle parks withing their residential area's - They sprinkle Golf Clubs. North West Arkansas is not Little Rock.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Im concerned for poor lil Jasmine Lister. Imagine going from living in Seattle to living in Fayetteville, Arkansas :eek::eek:
I'm thinking you should volunteer to counsel her through the transition. :cool:

Reaction Score
You people know very little about North West Arkansas. Fayetteville is not Little Rock. It is just south of Benton and Rodgers where you can find anything a metropolitan area has. It has the best of both worlds. Walmart is centered in Benton. Tyson is also centered there. The is more money located there than you can imagine. It has an International Airport along with many other features one would only find an a very big city. Money draw things that money can buy. Along with that everywhere you go you are in stones throw distance from a Golf Course or lake. A lot of the people who fled California moved there.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I would be impressed if Arkansas actually shells out that much money ($1 million) for Neighbors... that's Staley/Mitchell/Warlick/Blair money. Coaches that actually win stuff and are at schools that care about WBB.

This would signal a significant investment in WBB from Arkansas.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Arkansas might have a nice campus. but have you been to UW? Lake Washington on one side (tailgating during Husky football games by boat if you're one of the lucky ones), Lake Union on the other, the Puget Sound nearby, and views of Mt. Rainier and a whole bunch of other snow capped mountains in pretty much every direction in the distance. Nothing anywhere remotely close to Arkansas can compete with that.

Reaction Score
I wonder would he had left Washington if Sabrina Ionescu went there instead of Oregon? It came down between Oregon and Washington for her services, and she picked Oregon. Neighbors would've had a player he could've build around in the post Plum era.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
$1 Million Dollars is a huge payback for a school to pay to hire a WBB Coach from another school. Have to think Neighbors will get a substantial raise from his current $360K Salary. Not sure if Neighbors is worth it. Yes, he's a good coach, but there are others equally as good that wouldn't cost as much.

The U of A has Wal-Mart's and Tyson's money; they're one of the wealthiest athletics departments anywhere, even though their in a relatively poor, sparsely populated state. Certainly, the SEC money has a hand in that, too.

Reaction Score
possible replacement according to seattle times. kate paye, Adia barnes and Loree Payne? and also kate paye to USC?

Reaction Score
The U of A has Wal-Mart's and Tyson's money; they're one of the wealthiest athletics departments anywhere, even though their in a relatively poor, sparsely populated state. Certainly, the SEC money has a hand in that, too.
Many Texas kids go to Ark. Would not be unrealistic for some of those overlooked by Baylor, Tx, and A&M to make the trip. More than enough good players to go around.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
possible replacement according to seattle times. kate paye, Adia barnes and Loree Payne? and also kate paye to USC?

Payne played at UW, was an assistant there at one point and has spent her entire coaching career in the NW. That's one that they maybe wouldn't have to worry about bolting for another job after a few years. Currently head coach at Univ. of Puget Sound, a D3 school in nearby Tacoma. She's been there 7 years, didn't realize it's been that long. Has a decent record.

I would be really worried about Paye, if she's successful as head coach she might be the top pick to replace Tara whenever she retires.

Barnes has been the head coach at Arizona, her alma mater, for 1 year. Not sure if she's likely to leave, if she does, I'm not sure what that says about a coach that changes jobs after 1 year. She spent some time in Seattle playing for the Storm and later as an assistant at UW.

Whoever they get, they need to be able to recruit locally. They've been completely failing the last 2-3 years.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You know very little about North West Arkansas. It is becoming California East. It has the best of both worlds. A rural environment along with everything big cities have to offer. Rodgers and Benton are just north of Fayetteville. The have an international airport along with other things one would not expect to be there. Just about anything you want you can find there. Benton is the Main office of Walmart along with Tyson. There is a lot of money located in that small area. That brings things that money can buy. You will find more Golf Clubs than anywhere else in the country. Other area's sprinkle parks withing their residential area's - They sprinkle Golf Clubs. North West Arkansas is not Little Rock.

I probably know more about NW Arkansas then you give me credit for. Never said it wasnt a pleasant place............ Im just saying I would bet a 24 ?? y/o Single woman from South California would rather live in Seattle vs Fayetteville Metro given the choice.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I probably know more about NW Arkansas then you give me credit for. Never said it wasnt a pleasant place.. Im just saying I would bet a 24 ?? y/o Single woman from South California would rather live in Seattle vs Fayetteville Metro given the choice.
You don't think this is Fayetteville attire?
Jasmine-Lister-4.jpg

Plebe

Reaction Score
I probably know more about NW Arkansas then you give me credit for. Never said it wasnt a pleasant place.. Im just saying I would bet a 24 ?? y/o Single woman from South California would rather live in Seattle vs Fayetteville Metro given the choice.
What happened to your anti-UNC avatar? Retired after last night? :p:rolleyes:

Plebe

Reaction Score
I know I said it before, but I love me some Joel Berry. Talk about a guy who plays the game the right way. Humble, hardworking, team-first guy.

Same could be said of the entire team: Meeks, Hicks, Jackson, Pinson, Maye, etc. All of them just tremendous team players. Anyone who likes UConn women's basketball should love the way this team — led overwhelmingly of juniors and seniors, not the "one-and-doners" — rebounded from last year's heartbreaking loss to Villanova (on a buzzer-beating shot, hmm that sounds familiar now).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom