Mike Leach - "You start by rolling out of somebody" | The Boneyard

Mike Leach - "You start by rolling out of somebody"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sio Moore made that play, Trevardo Williams made that play, not you, not you. Fluck playing close, thought we were too good to play towson, bull spit. One time we went to the Fiesta Bowl, fluck that. Bull spit, and I want that changed. We had a little bit, of success and thought we were too good.

That is a great rant. That is old fashion, football coaching. Fluck you, and Fluck me, and Fluck and everybody. I so wished this guy was our coach. The end of that is great, there are some of you living together that all you do is pull mediocrity out of each other. couldn't help but think of our OL. He is frigging hillarious.

Reaction Score
If a Math professor addressed his class after a few lackluster exams using language like that, and it was put on youtube, he'd be gone by noon.

Reaction Score
If a Math professor addressed his class after a few lackluster exams using language like that, and it was put on youtube, he'd be gone by noon.

Good thing Math teachers don't give pep talks.

Reaction Score
Wtf? Strange comparison. Old school football coach right there. Plus its funny as hell.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Maybe if Math professors gave pep talks like that 60K fans would shell out a bunch of money to watch the professor teach for three hours on the weekend.

But since neither event is happening I won't waste any energy wondering about it.

Reaction Score
Just an unbelievable comment lol. I mean if a film professor ever gave a talk like this them he or she might not get tenure.

Reaction Score
Just an unbelievable comment lol. I mean if a film professor ever gave a talk like this them he or she might not get tenure.

+1 .. another reason to petition for an 'unlike' button

Reaction Score
Carl, maybe that is why that rant resonated with me like it did. "Were too good". Flick that, flick you, flick me, and flick everybody.

Reaction Score
Carl, maybe that is why that rant resonated with me like it did. "Were too good". Flick that, flick you, flick me, and flick everybody.

His rant - is exactly what I was yelling in my living room on Saturday afternoon after Lyle McCombs flexed his arms on the sidelines after getting run down from behind with a clear run at the endzone. It was the same thing that was blowing up my texts on my phone from Florida and California, and local about the same thing.

Reaction Score
Bump - sometimes true wisdom requires a liberal use of the most powerful word in the English language in all its forms - noun, verb, adjective, adverb

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Whether the coach does or doesn't say things like this is not the issue. As most of you know, I've been clamoring for the team to "punch someone in #$king mouth" for quite some time, as many of you have, and I'm sure as many of the coaching staff have.

But unless there is a leader in that locker room doing it (one that is actually wearing a jersey and saying it on the grass when they are playing the game), it's all meaningless. You need leaders on both sides of the ball that are going to grab the team by the neck and say, "We aren't giving up!" We used to have those leaders; people like Sio, people like Blidi. But when I look on the field at the defensive unit or offensive huddle, I can't find that guy. I can't find that leader. And if there isn't a leader on the field, you're in trouble...

Reaction Score
LOL, my math professor comment wasn't about comparing pep talks. It was meant as an example (clumsy perhaps) of how the world we live in today has dramatically changed due to social media. Imagine any teacher after his class messed up on an exam saying "you guys don't get it. Fact is some of you are just too dumb or lazy to understand. Fact is you're nowhere as good as last years effen class cause they all passed the effen test--why can't you?" He'd be gone because someone would have videoed it and leaked it to a voracious media looking for controversy to drive ratings or readership. Lots of crude language and rough stuff used to go on behind closed doors or out of earshot or "off the record". Not any more. In fact even the football coach better watch out. Bo Pellini used some expletives while privately ranting about the fans and got his comeuppance when it (inevitably) got leaked. There'll never be another "Junction Boys".

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Sad thing is we aren't even close to being mediocre. Boy are some folks going to be in for a rude awakening when the new sheriff rides into town this December.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I remember when this was brought up last summer about hiring Leach or something, lots of people said no way he'd fit at UConn he'll make our players stand in the dark and he'll mistreat them.

Oh memories. Wish Leach was our HC.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Sad thing is we aren't even close to being mediocre. Boy are some folks going to be in for a rude awakening when the new sheriff rides into town this December.

Yeah no kidding. If UConn went 11-2 and the next year the team got complacent... well I would probably write a couple negative posts/tweets but right now I would sign up for one 11-2 season in a fuukin' heartbeat. Sorry Coach Leach.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
All I can say, those must have been some tough ass math classes back in the day!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Maybe.

I had an econ prof at UConn who gave a very similar speech after an exam that did not go well.

Reaction Score
I've never met a coach that was effective without swearing. I know some exist, hopefully KO is one of them, but this is pretty standard language from a good coach.

He didn't berate or embarrass anyone. That was a general lecture for the whole team and it didn't get personal. Even when he said people would be getting new roommates he didn't name names. I think it was pretty good stuff and I think it probably got their attention.

Reaction Score
He didn't berate or embarrass anyone. That was a general lecture for the whole team and it didn't get personal. Even when he said people would be getting new roommates he didn't name names. I think it was pretty good stuff and I think it probably got their attention.

BTW, that Mike Leach pep talk (rant) was given on Nov 28, 2009 after they had beaten Baylor 20-13 to finish at 8-4. The season was over. All that remained was their Bowl Game against Michigan St. Ironically, Leach was suspended a few weeks later on Dec 28th over the treatment of Adam James. It was a complicated and controversial legal matter for sure but at the very least it appears that the change Coach Leach made in young Mr. James' "living arrangement" was more than the school could tolerate.

Reaction Score
BTW, that Mike Leach pep talk (rant) was given on Nov 28, 2009 after they had beaten Baylor 20-13 to finish at 8-4. The season was over. All that remained was their Bowl Game against Michigan St. Ironically, Leach was suspended a few weeks later on Dec 28th over the treatment of Adam James. It was a complicated and controversial legal matter for sure but at the very least it appears that the change Coach Leach made in young Mr. James' "living arrangement" was more than the school could tolerate.

More like Leach and Texas Tech were already at odds over money, the James thing was totally overblown and the school just used that to get rid of it.

Just look at the video of the kid in that spacious storage shed. It wasn't like he was enduring hardship. If you think that he was just in there for a concussion then you are gullible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom