Mike Francesa caller on The FAN today | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mike Francesa caller on The FAN today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does Free live in Storrs or is Geno looking for the men's job?
where'd this comment come from? (Scooby doo double take / Shaggy zoinks!) I'm reading the thread from beginning and this one just thru me off...

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Mike was kind to JC's Huskies, not KO's. To say we aren't a good team just shows that he hasn't watched us and he should say he can't make a fair assessment. Instead he opens his jowls and says we're not a good team over the airwaves of the largest listening market in America. We are a good team, not a great team, but we certainly aren't a bad team. Do you think any team in America wants to see 'UCONN' as their NCAA bracket opponent? We can be beaten by a lot of teams, but we can also beat anyone in the country. Also, Francesa commented recently on his show that UCONN isn't a New York market team.

Reaction Score
Wait a second! Mike Francesa is the most unintentionally funny you-man-bean to ever walk the Earth, okay! I feel sorry for YOU!
The guy on YouTube who parodies him may be the funniest thing ever.

Reaction Score
I didn't hear the call but it sounds like Bob from Storrs. Like every regular caller to a radio show, he's a dope. He recently mentioned his son was on the UConn football team and he would die to have Coughlin coach the team. I bet he's on here/lurking.
Im actually laughing out loud at him wanting Coughlin to coach UConn.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
There are "UConn fans" out there who constantly say stuff like that and much, much worse. They just hang around on Twitter and the Courant comments section. Even the people on here who tend to swing in that direction are reasonable compared to some of what I've seen. Ex. https://twitter.com/Jlamont76/with_replies
Wow after reading that... Some people just have irrational hate, glad that guys not a poster(I hope)

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
There was a caller on Tuesday around 4pm who asked fat boy if UCONN was attractive to a P5 conference and he replied with "It's a stretch".

He's a hack at best.

Reaction Score
There was a caller on Tuesday around 4pm who asked fat boy if UCONN was attractive to a P5 conference and he replied with "It's a stretch".

He's a hack at best.

He has been pretty awful as of late on his NCAA hoops stuff I agree. But a hack? You need to listen to the Boston sports talk shows before you call him a hack. He's freakin' Einstein compared to 90% of them, especially in football and baseball.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
He has been pretty awful as of late on his NCAA hoops stuff I agree. But a hack? You need to listen to the Boston sports talk shows before you call him a hack. He's freakin' Einstein compared to 90% of them, especially in football and baseball.

I live in FFld Cty and don't get Mass stations and wouldn't listen if I could for fear of hearing anything about the Sox or Pats.

I get to Framingham about twice a month for business and I lose WFAN around Exit 10 on the Mass Pike. I literally turn off the radio and drive in silence until I get to where I'm going off Exit 13. It's the reverse on the way home :)

Reaction Score
I live in FFld Cty and don't get Mass stations and wouldn't listen if I could for fear of hearing anything about the Sox or Pats.

I get to Framingham about twice a month for business and I lose WFAN around Exit 10 on the Mass Pike. I literally turn off the radio and drive in silence until I get to where I'm going off Exit 13. It's the reverse on the way home :)

To each their own.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I didn't hear the call but it sounds like Bob from Storrs. Like every regular caller to a radio show, he's a dope. He recently mentioned his son was on the UConn football team and he would die to have Coughlin coach the team. I bet he's on here/lurking.

Hi Bob!!!!
Go back to the PeeCee board and don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.
Take Mike F with you - the guy is an idiot and the worst football handicap on the air - Mr. Expert of nothing but food

Reaction Score
Did anyone hear the caller from Storrs who called in to Francesa's show today between 5:00 and 6:00 pm today and bashed Ollie's terrible coaching the last 2 years and saying that the Huskies shouldn't make the tourney? He also said Ollie should be fired and then asked Mike for his opinion on the Huskies and Francesa said, "They aren't a very good team." Mike then added that that Ollie has earned some patience for the last two years from winning the national championship.

Two thingsFirstly, I doubt Francesa has watched more than a couple of highlights UCONN highlights this year, and second, the caller was from Storrs? We have a traitor in our midst. I sincerely hope that caller isn't a Boneyarder. If you are, you're a d!%k.

Ive seen KO get criticized quite a bit and its something that just makes me roll my eyes. I absolutely never criticize him. I think people need to put KO in perspective. He has 4 years of head coaching experience and is now learning to coach with his players. KO is still trying to build his identity as a coach and going through a little bit of a rough patch but its a rough patch many coaches would love to have.

We are spoiled as Uconn fans. Think about this and let it set in before you criticize KO. He has doen this for 3 years and is replacing a guy who did it for 40 years,won 3 national titles,won over 850 games and could possibly be one of the 5 best coaches in the history of college basketball! No matter who took the job after him was never going to measure up. KO was fortunate to have won a title in his second season because it quieted the critics before they even got started but theyre crawling out of their holes now. I think fully believe in KO and hes already showing with his recruiting that his best years are still ahead of him. I expect some magical seasons over the next few years and i hope we can do it in a better conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom