Mike Francesa caller on The FAN today | The Boneyard

Mike Francesa caller on The FAN today

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Did anyone hear the caller from Storrs who called in to Francesa's show today between 5:00 and 6:00 pm today and bashed Ollie's terrible coaching the last 2 years and saying that the Huskies shouldn't make the tourney? He also said Ollie should be fired and then asked Mike for his opinion on the Huskies and Francesa said, "They aren't a very good team." Mike then added that that Ollie has earned some patience for the last two years from winning the national championship.

Two thingsFirstly, I doubt Francesa has watched more than a couple of highlights UCONN highlights this year, and second, the caller was from Storrs? We have a traitor in our midst. I sincerely hope that caller isn't a Boneyarder. If you are, you're a d!%k.

Reaction Score
I heard that. Francesa actually said Ollie was a good coach as well. The caller was definitely bashing UConn saying due to losses at Temple and Cinci we shouldn't make the tournament. I'm guessing he was probably a fan of a Fake Big East Team like Providence or Seton Hall.
*edited to switch Rutgers to SH.

Reaction Score
He pays zero attention to CBB until the brackets are picked, and he was nowhere to be found on our last 2 titles until we won them. But he's seen scores and based on our record he's got an opinion and as much as I hate it I agree that we have been bad more than a few times this year, but yeah Mike is one of the biggest jerk broadcasters out there.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
I heard that call. I also heard a similar call yesterday and the caller brought up
Our loses to temple and Cincy. The caller talked about us losing to the teams and making the tourney .

Reaction Score
I didn't hear the call but it sounds like Bob from Storrs. Like every regular caller to a radio show, he's a dope. He recently mentioned his son was on the UConn football team and he would die to have Coughlin coach the team. I bet he's on here/lurking.

Reaction Score
Did anyone hear the caller from Storrs who called in to Francesa's show today between 5:00 and 6:00 pm today and bashed Ollie's terrible coaching the last 2 years and saying that the Huskies shouldn't make the tourney? He also said Ollie should be fired and then asked Mike for his opinion on the Huskies and Francesa said, "They aren't a very good team." Mike then added that that Ollie has earned some patience for the last two years from winning the national championship.

Two thingsFirstly, I doubt Francesa has watched more than a couple of highlights UCONN highlights this year, and second, the caller was from Storrs? We have a traitor in our midst. I sincerely hope that caller isn't a Boneyarder. If you are, you're a d!%k.
Does Free live in Storrs or is Geno looking for the men's job?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
There are "UConn fans" out there who constantly say stuff like that and much, much worse. They just hang around on Twitter and the Courant comments section. Even the people on here who tend to swing in that direction are reasonable compared to some of what I've seen. Ex. https://twitter.com/Jlamont76/with_replies

Reaction Score
This is standard post-loss Boneyard talking points.

caw

Reaction Score
Any team with a loss to a team as bad as Temple shouldn't make the tournament...err. I think maybe 2-4 teams might make it this year.

Reaction Score
Mike actually does have a lot respect for the UConn program as his relationship with Calhoun improved over the years. Francesa was kind of bashing us during the 2014 NCAA Tournament by saying the typical stuff to callers like "UConn is not UConn anymore". His reasoning was basically that Calhoun was gone and we were not in the Big East anymore. It is true that he pays zero attention to college basketball until late February and obviously he was just listening to the BS people were saying about us at the time. I think the 2014 championship changed his mind after he saw for himself.

Reaction Score
Mike actually does have a lot respect for the UConn program as his relationship with Calhoun improved over the years. Francesa was kind of bashing us during the 2014 NCAA Tournament by saying the typical stuff to callers like "UConn is not UConn anymore". His reasoning was basically that Calhoun was gone and we were not in the Big East anymore. It is true that he pays zero attention to college basketball until late February and obviously he was just listening to the BS people were saying about us at the time. I think the 2014 championship changed his mind after he saw for himself.

Francessa has always been good to UConn. I know a lot of people don't like him but it's stupid to say otherwise.

Reaction Score
Francessa has always been good to UConn. I know a lot of people don't like him but it's stupid to say otherwise.
I think Francesa and Russo had a little bit of a falling out with Calhoun after the Rod Sellers incident. They were bashing Sellers and calling him a dirty player and Calhoun didnt like that. As time went on, their relationship improved and actually did a show in Hartford before the Notre Dame game in 2006 and Francesa did one solo in 2009 after Dog left.

Reaction Score
I think Francesa and Russo had a little bit of a falling out with Calhoun after the Rod Sellers incident. They were bashing Sellers and calling him a dirty player and Calhoun didnt like that. As time went on, their relationship improved and actually did a show in Hartford before the Notre Dame game in 2006 and Francesa did one solo in 2009 after Dog left.

They did have a falling out and Calhoun wouldn't go on their show for awhile. They did make up and Calhoun was always on the show, especially tournament time.

Reaction Score
They did have a falling out and Calhoun wouldn't go on their show for awhile. They did make up and Calhoun was always on the show, especially tournament time.
Youre right...and I think he would have continued to have Calhoun on come tournament time ìf he wasnt currently working for ESPN. ESPN does not let their employees on Francesas show since hes competiton for Michael Kay on ESPN.

Reaction Score
There was an early morning call the other day w/John Jastremski where a caller was talking about college basketball in the tri-stat area. JJ starts talking about UConn and basically says we don't have the typical guard play to make a big run. But, with a dynamic big man like Amida who gets you 20-10 every game, we would have a chance for a deep tourney.

Reaction Score

You are wondering if it is a boneyarder? I think it's not a question of if but who?

Reaction Score
There was an early morning call the other day w/John Jastremski where a caller was talking about college basketball in the tri-stat area. JJ starts talking about UConn and basically says we don't have the typical guard play to make a big run. But, with a dynamic big man like Amida who gets you 20-10 every game, we would have a chance for a deep tourney.

There's a guy doing his homework huh? Doe he own a TV, my God?

Reaction Score
We must remember that all UConn fans do not have the wisdom, intelligence, levelheadedness, evolved sense of context and nuisance of a Boneyarder.

Reaction Score
Uncle Mikey is the best sports talk radio guy in the business and his ratings cement that, but it doesn't mean he is the best at analyzing college basketball, like many boneyarders have stated, he doesn't really pay any attention to college basketball until March, more because the New York Market is pro sports town and doesn't really follow college basketball because they have no team aka St John's.

As for as the caller, who really cares, he obviously doesn't know much.

I am going to stick to my prediction earlier this week, I believe this team is a sweet 16 team and if we win the conference tournament, we are a final four team.

I really think this team is starting to gel w Jalen at the point and Brimah back in the mix.

I expect a big March out the Huskies!!!

Let's go Uconn!!!

Reaction Score
Fat Francesa did not just call out Rod, he called him a THUG. That rubbed JC the wrong way!!!!;)

Reaction Score
Francesa often says he thinks Calhoun is one of the greatest coaches to ever live. He ranks him over K because of 1999. He always puts him in the same category as Knight and Smith. He has no grudge/bias whatsoever with UConn.

Yup... It was the other way around. JC hated Mike for the Rod Sellers incident. Francesa has always had the utmost respect for JC and often says the evolution of UConn is the greatest coaching job ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom