Mike Elston ND DL coach... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Mike Elston ND DL coach...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's an interesting excercise comparing by position what what BD inheirits vs. what P inheirited.

QB - Better for BD
RB - worse
WR - better
TE - worse
OL - worse
DL - worse
LB - worse
CB - worse
S - worse

K - worse unless Puyol is lights out
P - worse
KR - worse
PR - worse

That said, I still think he wins more than the 5 games P won.

Assuming all RSJR's Return with exception to Yawin this is how I see it

QB is better, (3 Legit options to start for next year, competition and chance to prove yourself to a new coach should be good for the offseason)
RB is Better, (HCPP had nobody, HCBD has at least an experienced LM and MD got good time this year, to go along with JM who should be good when he removes that redshirt)
WR is Better, (G Davis is all you would have to say but with Phillips and Foxx as well its not even close)
TE is Worse, ( No question)
OL is Worse, (No question)
DL- is Worse, (FHCPP inherited a stocked line. HCBD doesn't have scraps for sure but its not close
LB is closer to even than many might think (I think Vann, and Ashiru and Stewart are going to be very good in Diaco system and comparatively Sio was very good but Yawin hadn't played a down yet, Osiecki never ended up playing at LB and Jerome Williams and KiJuan Dabney split some time at LB and were substandard)
CB is close too Gratz and Blidi were awesome true, but I love Byron's athleticism and Jhavon is a budding star I feel.
Saftey we are much better off with a combo of OBI, TyMeer, and AA + depth in Lee and Floyd over Jerome Junior and Harris Agbor + No depth... K and P- who knows but I know Christen and Wagner were two of the most disappointing players on our team this year, they were sooooo bad even if they had experience. KR and PR- worse- nobody will match Nick Will.

SO HCBD will have his struggles and challenges but he should be inheriting a similarly skilled team as FHCPP. I have for a long time had a lot of expectations for next years SNR Class.

Reaction Score
One kid I'm excited about is soon to be RS frosh Josh Marriner.. That's the guy I'm excited about. Hope he steps up and becomes our future lightning to Delorenzo's thunder...

I am interesting to see him hit the field as well. His HS highlights (albeit like most) looked great. Thick trunk, big strong legs, low CG, runs over people and has speed to burn. Could be a good strong RB at the collegiate level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate
Top Bottom