Mike Brey to USF (… or not). | The Boneyard

Mike Brey to USF (… or not).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have no ill-feelings toward Brey, but c'mon dude, Man up and coach a DII or DIII school. For the love of the game. I'm sure you don't need the $$.

Reaction Score
I have no ill-feelings toward Brey, but c'mon dude, Man up and coach a DII or DIII school. For the love of the game. I'm sure you don't need the $$.
Yeah this the definition of a burned out retread. His hiring is like a footnote on the lower right corner of the very last page of the newspaper.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
How old was Larranega when he went to Miami?

Reaction Score
What the ___?

When he said he was retiring from ND, I assumed he was just done with it, like Jay Wright. Why go to an irrelevant school in an irrelevant conference?

Reaction Score
Why the hate? Never disliked Brey and glad he found a good fit for his twilight years.
I can't speak for others, but as for me, not ounce of hate whatsoever. Brey seems like a affable and likeable guy FWIW IMO. It's just one of those stories I just shrug my shoulders with a blank face expression and say "okay". I guess I am comparing this to the major storylines with Pitino and Cooley.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
What the ___?

When he said he was retiring from ND, I assumed he was just done with it, like Jay Wright. Why go to an irrelevant school in an irrelevant conference?
He never wanted to stop coaching. ND was going to fire him and let him say he was going to retire instead. A rare example of something like this being handled with class on both sides.

Reaction Score
What the ___?

I thought the same thing, but Fishy here on the Boneyard corrected me and stated it was Notre Dame's polite way of saying they were done with him and firing him. I will take his word for it because I am not that curious to know what happened with him at Notre Dame. I didn't even read beyond the headlines of when that story with Brey broke in February or whenever it was.

Just the fact that someone here on the Boneyard posted this story got me somewhat interested in what was going on with Mike Brey.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I thought he was up there. Twelve years later he's still winning the league.

Larranaga seemed 80 when he was 61. It’s just his voice and mannerisms. Great coach though.

Reaction Score
I thought the same thing, but Fishy here on the Boneyard corrected me and stated it was Notre Dame's polite way of saying they were done with him and firing him. I will take his word for it because I am not that curious to know what happened with him at Notre Dame. I didn't even read beyond the headlines of when that story with Brey broke in February or whenever it was.

Just the fact that someone here on the Boneyard posted this story got me somewhat interested in what was going on with Mike Brey.
There's no mystery here and no interesting story. He hadn't won enough recently for the school so they told him he was done..

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
the aac is where careers go to die. In football an up and coming coach can see a path to a power school if they get to a NY6 bowl.

In basketball the only way you leave is by getting fired. im pretty sure mick is legit the last aac coach to leave for another job and that was 5 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom