Miffed at Muffet | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Miffed at Muffet

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
When I see clips of the NCAA game last year, what gets into my head was that leather skirt. What was she thinking? But my lady friend said it was OK bcause she "followed all the rules." Whatever that means.

She chose a skirt (rather than pants), age-appropriate length, conservative, front-button blouse and the right shoes. The right choices for a woman in her 50s.

Reaction Score
Mudbone was telling a story of how he drove from Tupelo to Peoria in a tractor because of his boss' wife, a 465 pound woman with whom he did not get along; She slapped him a few times. Well, on one particular day Mudbone made some modifications to the outhouse with a jigsaw, hid in the bushes, saw the woman going into the outhouse, and then heard a splash. He got in his tractor and drove to Peoria. He wasn't mad no more either:p. (From the album, Was It Something I Said, 1975)
I thought it was the tractor story, but I couldn't find it last night looking on "Greatest Hits" (I did find "Little Feets" though). The line between comedy and tragedy can often be very thin, and Richard Pryor straddled it more than anyone; but when he was on it, he was one of the very funniest - and saddest - and most insightful comedians ever. Even in his early stuff and TV appearances when he had to be "clean" were genius.

As for Muffet, as many have said, her comments last night did sound scripted, and she blew the delivery; they might have come off better, if for example, Geno was delivering them in the same situation. They may both be Philly kids, but Muffet will never be Geno...never.

Finally, let's not sell Kayla McBride short; she's the one player that Kelly Faris did not shut down last year (by Kelly's own admission). And unlike the Queen of the Twitterverse, she did not refuse the halftime interview in the semifinals, nor did she push the ESPN camera away in the second half - she "(wo)manned-up" when she had to, and I will always respect her for that. Best player in the country - no; All-American? Maybe. She certainly should be in the discussion.

P.S. I did watch the first half last night before crashing; especially the last four minutes which I replayed a couple of times. I'm a lot happier today. A lot happier.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
She chose a skirt (rather than pants), age-appropriate length, conservative, front-button blouse and the right shoes. The right choices for a woman in her 50s.

Thanks, I learned something.

Reaction Score
Loyd just might be the best player on Notre Dame doesn't mean McBride isn't an All American, but not in any coaches mind is she better then Stewie. Also UConn's own Diana didn't say McBride was the best player at the USA summer camp, but Stewie was, and Diana isn't one to exaggerate, she always speaks her mind, whether people like it or not.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
It was very wooden, and not like her. I think she was reading the answers or had them memorized. It was really bad; worst I've seen her. She is usually more playful, interesting.
Perhaps, and it certainly wasn't very Wooden. Not in her wildest dreams.

Reaction Score
Blah, blah, blah... Geno can do it bc Geno can flash 8 rings.... cut down some nets, THEN talk about being on UConn's level

Reaction Score
I thought it was the tractor story, but I couldn't find it last night looking on "Greatest Hits" (I did find "Little Feets" though). The line between comedy and tragedy can often be very thin, and Richard Pryor straddled it more than anyone; but when he was on it, he was one of the very funniest - and saddest - and most insightful comedians ever. Even in his early stuff and TV appearances when he had to be "clean" were genius.

Mudbone telling the story about the splash came just before relating the story about Miss Rudolph and the "Little Feets." on the Is It Something I Said album. Thank you for prompting me to relisten to it on vinyl; Absolutely hilarious.

Last edited:

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
More from the SBT article: http://www.southbendtribune.com/spo...cle_ca80f994-ae29-11e3-a87d-001a4bcf6878.html

Overall No. 1 seed Connecticut, which has a lower RPI rating than Notre Dame, dropped the Irish this season, although Connecticut is picking up Notre Dame next season.

“Well, they did,” McGraw said when asked if Connecticut ducked the Irish this season.

Well, they didn't Muffet. Stop with that.

Notre Dame’s potential payback games appeal to McGraw, who wants her team to play with some extra emotion.

“I think this is a team that doesn’t forget,” McGraw said. “They have long memories, they know what’s happened in the past, and there are certain teams they are looking forward to playing.”

Why the anger? You had the chance to beat UConn last year in the FF and likely win a NC and you didn't. I understand being angry with yourselves, but why all the talk as if it was taken away from you last year. I don't get it.

Irish senior guard Kayla McBride also likes the fact that Notre Dame can deal out some payback.

“We’re already (ticked off) in general,” McBride said. “We feel like we’re still the underdogs, no matter what we do.”

McBride said that the Irish turn anger into a positive energy force.

“We play angry, and I think that’s good,” McBride said. “It’s something that definitely makes me happy as a senior, because we have a chance to settle some scores, and as a senior, you want revenge, but we have to focus on Robert Morris right now.”

More talk of anger, payback and settling scores. Whatever works, I guess, but I honestly don't understand this kind of yapping. You're hosting a freakin' regional and travel to Toledo for the 1st 2 rounds. No playing on another team's home court for the Irish this year (Muffet complained mightily when that happened last year).

All this just brings back a memory of McGraw that I have from years back, I cannot remember the actual game, maybe a big east final, but UConn handed ND yet another defeat, and in the interviews and on camera, with a question being posed to McGraw about how good UConn is/was, she looked directly at the camera and whined, "but we're good too! We're a good team." And, she never answered the question.

I have never really cared for her personally, and all of the above is just what I would expect from her, really. Yet what surprised me from the other night, as you pointed out, was her "adjustment" of the story surrounding why UConn didn't play ND this year. I don't respect stuff like this.

It's a big playground, and in every playground you're gonna have a kid like this Muffet. It's like Kib says, she's a whiner, always has been and likely always will be.

Reaction Score
If you want attention go to the dance with the prettiest girl. Get UCONN on your schedule and you will get attention. It might hurt a little bit, but at least it is attention. Get them Muffet! :D

5 TO GO UNTIL THE ATTENTION IS YOURS

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
All this just brings back a memory of McGraw that I have from years back, I cannot remember the actual game, maybe a big east final, but UConn handed ND yet another defeat, and in the interviews and on camera, with a question being posed to McGraw about how good UConn is/was, she looked directly at the camera and whined, "but we're good too! We're a good team." And, she never answered the question.

I have never really cared for her personally, and all of the above is just what I would expect from her, really. Yet what surprised me from the other night, as you pointed out, was her "adjustment" of the story surrounding why UConn didn't play ND this year. I don't respect stuff like this.

It's a big playground, and in every playground you're gonna have a kid like this Muffet. It's like Kib says, she's a whiner, always has been and likely always will be.

Muffet has a great sense of humor and can be quite funny though we didn't see that part of her personality last night. Her interview seemed forced, as if she were determined to tick off her talking points whether they fit in to the interview or not. She first trotted out the "UConn ducked us" story in May of last and can't seem to let it go. Last night was not the time to trot it out again. She seems to want her team to feel aggrieved or disrespected even though the facts don't support those feelings.

To be fair, Geno has displayed pettiness when it comes to Notre Dame as well. In fact, at one point a couple of years ago Muffet responded by saying "I guess it's been a tough year for Geno." Geno of late is behaving more like a senior statesman for the game and I hope that continues.

Last edited:

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Back in the 70s, the late, very great Richard Pryor had character in his standup named “Mudbone” from down in Tupelo Mississippi. At the end of one his Mudbone stories, after the punch line, he had a follow up or second punch line, “I wasn’t mad no more either.” I can’t remember the story anymore, nor the first punch line, but “I wasn’t mad no more either” has stuck with me to this day.

I’m saying that because I actually still have last year’s Final Four game against Notre Dame on the DVR and, after Muffet’s snarky comments, I’m going to watch that game tonight while I work on the computer. And I’m pretty sure that afterwards, I won’t be mad no more either…
I like your thinking Andy- I finally had to let the game go off my DVR- gd thinking!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Muffet has a great sense of humor and can be quite funny though we didn't see that part of her personality last night. Her interview seemed forced, as if she were determined to tick off her talking points whether they fit in to the interview or not. She first trotted out the "UConn ducked us" story in May of last and can't seem to let it go. Last night was not the time to trot it out again. She seems to want her team to feel aggrieved or disrespected even though the facts don't support those feelings.

To be fair, Geno has displayed pettiness when it comes to Notre Dame as well. In fact, at one point a couple of years ago Muffet responded by saying "I guess it's been a tough year for Geno." Geno of late is behaving more like a senior statesman for the game and I hope that continues.

I hope Geno is about to be above it (and them) all.

Reaction Score
What excuse is she going to have when they get blown out in the final? Its not a good idea for her to disrespect UConn, before they get to play in the final. UConn will be ready to play, because the talking heads will keep bringing up how Notre Dame won 7 out of 9, but forget they didn't win the big one.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
As far as I can figure, UConn has never played any of its ex-conference mates since the first departures from the Big East, so Muffet can just be happy to be moved to the front of the queue for invitations since ND desperately needs some publicity by playing UConn. It's not like the bad behavior by the deserters should be rewarded, and hopefully the Irish won't mind sharing a locker room with the football team when they come for their first visit.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score

I have just never been a fan

Reaction Score
Back in the 70s, the late, very great Richard Pryor had character in his standup named “Mudbone” from down in Tupelo Mississippi. At the end of one his Mudbone stories, after the punch line, he had a follow up or second punch line, “I wasn’t mad no more either.” I can’t remember the story anymore, nor the first punch line, but “I wasn’t mad no more either” has stuck with me to this day.

I’m saying that because I actually still have last year’s Final Four game against Notre Dame on the DVR and, after Muffet’s snarky comments, I’m going to watch that game tonight while I work on the computer. And I’m pretty sure that afterwards, I won’t be mad no more either…

Yep, I ain't mad no more either...;)

Reaction Score

Confirmed: I know one of her quadmates from her college days...

Reaction Score
I'm puzzled by the ND "choked" description. We simply played the best defense of our season and Stewie came out. We overwhelmed
them with our talent; ND didn't lose because they choked.

After watching the game a few times more, I noticed when we went up 22-8 I think, McBride walked to the bench with her head down and Achanwa started to try and perk her up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom