Miffed at Muffet | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Miffed at Muffet

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
http://msn.foxsports.com/college-ba...onn-notre-dame-head-ncaa-women-s-field-031714

In above Fox article it's said that the ND team feels their accomplishments this year have been overlooked in favor of UConn's and Muffet is good with that because it can put a little chip on their shoulder. Not exactly strong stuff, but if true, it is something to leave in the locker room, least it be posted in your arch enemy's locker room.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Undefeated, #2 in the country and hosting the regional on its home court and she's talking about chips to place on her team's shoulders? Whatever works, I guess. ND has received plenty of focus this year though maybe a little less than last year when everything was about Diggins. Heck, after UConn soundly beat ND at the FF last year, ESPN's producers decided it was more important for viewers to watch Diggins walk to the ND locker room than to watch the winning team celebrate on the court. Muffet has zero to complain about.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Its great to like your own players, but to say Kayla McBride is the best player is the country is a reach. She might not even be the best player on her own team.

Reaction Score
Its great to like your own players, but to say Kayla McBride is the best player is the country is a reach. She might not even be the best player on her own team.
If it didn't say ND on her chest she'd never be 1st team AA IMO. 1st team all conference in the ACC? Debateable. She might not start at UConn when the rosters fully healthy.Shes very good.....but best ??

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Undefeated, #2 in the country and hosting the regional on its home court and she's talking about chips to place on her team's shoulders? ... After UConn soundly beat ND at the FF last year, ESPN's producers decided it was more important for viewers to watch Diggins walk to the ND locker room than to watch the winning team celebrate on the court.

That might be because the winning team wasn't celebrating but rather thinking about finishing its job two days later.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
[quote="NickyNewark, post: 884622, member: 3677"]If it didn't say ND on her chest she'd never be 1st team AA IMO. 1st team all conference in the ACC? Debateable. She might not start at UConn when the rosters fully healthy.[/quote]

That's at least as silly as saying she's the best player in the country.

McBride in clearly AA caliber.

Reaction Score
[quote="NickyNewark, post: 884622, member: 3677"]If it didn't say ND on her chest she'd never be 1st team AA IMO. 1st team all conference in the ACC? Debateable. She might not start at UConn when the rosters fully healthy.

That's at least as silly as saying she's the best player in the country.

McBride in clearly AA caliber.[/quote]
Agreed.....2nd or 3rd team.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
More from the SBT article: http://www.southbendtribune.com/spo...cle_ca80f994-ae29-11e3-a87d-001a4bcf6878.html

Overall No. 1 seed Connecticut, which has a lower RPI rating than Notre Dame, dropped the Irish this season, although Connecticut is picking up Notre Dame next season.

“Well, they did,” McGraw said when asked if Connecticut ducked the Irish this season.

Well, they didn't Muffet. Stop with that.

Notre Dame’s potential payback games appeal to McGraw, who wants her team to play with some extra emotion.

“I think this is a team that doesn’t forget,” McGraw said. “They have long memories, they know what’s happened in the past, and there are certain teams they are looking forward to playing.”

Why the anger? You had the chance to beat UConn last year in the FF and likely win a NC and you didn't. I understand being angry with yourselves, but why all the talk as if it was taken away from you last year. I don't get it.

Irish senior guard Kayla McBride also likes the fact that Notre Dame can deal out some payback.

“We’re already (ticked off) in general,” McBride said. “We feel like we’re still the underdogs, no matter what we do.”

McBride said that the Irish turn anger into a positive energy force.

“We play angry, and I think that’s good,” McBride said. “It’s something that definitely makes me happy as a senior, because we have a chance to settle some scores, and as a senior, you want revenge, but we have to focus on Robert Morris right now.”

More talk of anger, payback and settling scores. Whatever works, I guess, but I honestly don't understand this kind of yapping. You're hosting a freakin' regional and travel to Toledo for the 1st 2 rounds. No playing on another team's home court for the Irish this year (Muffet complained mightily when that happened last year).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
don't know if she's gotten into the heads of uconn, but she sure has gotten into the heads of the boneyard.

Reaction Score
Hello, Notre Dame! You had the chance to win 2 national championships in 2011 and 2012 and you choked! Who's fault was that, huh? Payback? Look at yourselves first! Ok, ok, I get it- this makes for good drama and stirs up interest in the games (a sad commentary on today's society that we need drama! conflict! to draw fans, but there you have it). I prefer sarcasm and irony.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
don't know if she's gotten into the heads of uconn, but she sure has gotten into the heads of the boneyard.

There you go again. Always skipping over the content of the post and going right to thinking you know what or who is in posters' heads. Your posts are as bewildering as Muffet's comments.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Hello, Notre Dame! You had the chance to win 2 national championships in 2011 and 2012 and you choked! Who's fault was that, huh? Payback? Look at yourselves first! Ok, ok, I get it- this makes for good drama and stirs up interest in the games (a sad commentary on today's society that we need drama! conflict! to draw fans, but there you have it). I prefer sarcasm and irony.
I foresee a CarFax add campaign in Geno or Muffet's future. "Do you need some drama?"

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

When I see clips of the NCAA game last year, what gets into my head was that leather skirt. What was she thinking? But my lady friend said it was OK bcause she "followed all the rules." Whatever that means.

Reaction Score
There you go again. Always skipping over the content of the post and going right to thinking you know what or who is in posters' heads. Your posts are as bewildering as Muffet's comments.
sounds like i've gotten into your head.

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
UConn is the defending national champion. They return the FF's MOP plus that team's core. Of course the media will focus on whether they repeat. (Last year they focused on Baylor because they were the defending national champions and had Griner.)

ND lost to UConn in the semi's. Their marquee player graduated, the one the media focused on with laser-like intent. Why would they think they should be receiving more attention than they already are?

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
You guys are missing the point. They're Notre Dame! They are entitled to everyone's respect! :rolleyes:

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I cannot imagine anything so absurd as Coach McGraw suggesting that Notre Dame is getting shortchanged by media.

Except, possibly, the denial by a couple 'Yarders that McBride is unworthy of AA recognition'

Muffet is a skilled recruiter and an effective coach. Also a whiner. McBride is a terrific player. AA quality.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I found a buried memory about Muffet that says something about her make up, just not sure what it says. Some years ago at either the NCAAs or the Big East tourney UConn was playing a game and Notre Dame was scheduled for the later game. An overhead camera caught a shot of Muffet leaning on the tunnel wall watching the game. She caught a look at the shot on the jumbotron and she pulled a "Flo" retreating back into the shadows. It appeared she had difficulty being caught watching UConn play. Anyone else recall the moment? There is so little else in my head little vignettes like that lay about and occasionally fall off the shelf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom