Middlebrooks? | The Boneyard

Middlebrooks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He'll be ok, too much talent. His problems are not that complicated and AAA for awhile probably makes sense. BTW, Inglesias was 3-5 last night and still hitting over .400.

Reaction Score
Smart move. He needs to play every day and regain his confidence. I got to admit, I have been watching Iglesias and expecting him to level off but he hasn't. He now has 113 AB's and has a lifetime batting average of .316.

Reaction Score
Mau are you saying his career is over or no. Your original post is like a roller coaster. Send the kid down, let him play every day and tell him to hit to all fields and cut down on the K's. He's got the power to hit to all fields and wait on pitches.

I wouldn't be surpised if this is how next year's infield looks on Opening Day 2014

1B Middlebrooks/Carp
2B Pedroia
SS Iglesias
3B Bogaerts

Reaction Score
Mau are you saying his career is over or no. Your original post is like a roller coaster. Send the kid down, let him play every day and tell him to hit to all fields and cut down on the K's. He's got the power to hit to all fields and wait on pitches.

I wouldn't be surpised if this is how next year's infield looks on Opening Day 2014

1B Middlebrooks/Carp
2B Pedroia
SS Iglesias
3B Bogaerts

Not sure where I said that?

Surprised he would struggle this much once he landed up here.........but hey crazier things happen right. Inglesias looks like a hitter right now too........;)

Reaction Score

1B Middlebrooks/Carp
2B Pedroia
SS Iglesias
3B Bogaerts
Middlebrooks will be the 3B and Bogarts will get at least half a season in the minors. My lineup:
1B Napoli
2B Pedroia
SS INgesias
3B Middlebrooks

Reaction Score
Not sure where I said that?

Surprised he would struggle this much once he landed up here.........but hey crazier things happen right. Inglesias looks like a hitter right now too........;)
You talked about him in the past tense and then in the end you say he'll be back. Had me confused.

Reaction Score
Middlebrooks will be the 3B and Bogarts will get at least half a season in the minors. My lineup:
1B Napoli
2B Pedroia
SS INgesias
3B Middlebrooks

Napoli worries me a bit.
Bogaerts - the youngest player to ever play for Pawtucket - already has 4 HR's in his first 12 games. If he hits anywhere close to this in the second half there's no way he'll start next year in AAA. Hell, if the situation presents itself there may be a chance he gets at bats in the bigs in September.

Reaction Score
You talked about him in the past tense and then in the end you say he'll be back. Had me confused.

Alright.......I was trying.......no the whole thing is I really thought from watching the AB's last year this was a true stud in the making.....knew he had some holes in the swing but every young power hitter does. Just surprised he ever had to regroup.....it happens and he may come back on a tear!!

Reaction Score
I read an article somewhere over the winter, Keith Law maybe, that questioned if Middlebrooks would hit for average in the Bigs, and went on to say Garin Cecchini was a better prospect.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I read an article somewhere over the winter, Keith Law maybe, that questioned if Middlebrooks would hit for average in the Bigs, and went on to say Garin Cecchini was a better prospect.

Who the heck is Garin Cecchini

Reaction Score
Napoli worries me a bit.
Bogaerts - the youngest player to ever play for Pawtucket - already has 4 HR's in his first 12 games. If he hits anywhere close to this in the second half there's no way he'll start next year in AAA. Hell, if the situation presents itself there may be a chance he gets at bats in the bigs in September.
You are assuming that Bogarts will be better than Middlebrooks and I believe Middlebrooks will be back in the line up batting 6th or 7th. Of course Drew will be gone and Ingelias will be the everyday SS. The battle will be at 3B. Nice problem to have.

Reaction Score
Who the heck is Garin Cecchini
Garin Cecchini is a 22 year-old third baseman from Louisiana. He has hit well everywhere he has played. He stole 51 bases last year and was caught only 6 times. He was recently promoted from advanced A Salem where he was hitting .350 to AA Portland where he is hitting .333. He has not shown much power yet but he is 6' 2" 200 lbs so that may come around. He has a great sense of the strike zone and has walked more than he has struck out this year. He may be the future at third for the Sox. I like Middlebrooks too but he has been a strike out machine with no sense of the strike zone. Unless he can figure that out his future is limited.

Reaction Score
The Red Sox strength in their minors is excellent infield prospects and very good SP arms.

Cecchini could be ready for the bigs in 2015.....between Iglesias, Bogaerts, Cecchini and Middlebrooks it could be that Middlebrooks is left out by then...or moved to the outfield to make use of his arm if his approach at the plate comes around.

Reaction Score
You are assuming that Bogarts will be better than Middlebrooks and I believe Middlebrooks will be back in the line up batting 6th or 7th. Of course Drew will be gone and Ingelias will be the everyday SS. The battle will be at 3B. Nice problem to have.
How Middlebrooks does isn't relevant to whether Bogaerts will be up. If Bogaerts hits say 15 HR's in a half season or so of AAA and shows a good knowledge of the strike zone, they'll find a way to have both on the team.

Reaction Score
How Middlebrooks does isn't relevant to whether Bogaerts will be up. If Bogaerts hits say 15 HR's in a half season or so of AAA and shows a good knowledge of the strike zone, they'll find a way to have both on the team.
One of the nicest things about Bogaerts is that he doesn't turn 21 until October. He has good size and has shown good knowledge of the strike zone. He is the #1 prospect in the Red Sox system which has a lot of good prospects currently. He has the power to end up being an outfielder. The future looks bright. In two years, we could see Bogaerts, Cecchini, Iglesias, Lavarnway and Bradley as full time position players and three new starting pitchers.

Reaction Score
One of the nicest things about Bogaerts is that he doesn't turn 21 until October. He has good size and has shown good knowledge of the strike zone. He is the #1 prospect in the Red Sox system which has a lot of good prospects currently. He has the power to end up being an outfielder. The future looks bright. In two years, we could see Bogaerts, Cecchini, Iglesias, Lavarnway and Bradley as full time position players and three new starting pitchers.

I don't know much about the 1st 2 but Lavarnway I'm not too sure about......lot's of holes in that bat!! Must be nice though to have such a nice up and coming crop.........and get younger!!:eek:

Reaction Score
I don't know much about the 1st 2 but Lavarnway I'm not too sure about......lot's of holes in that bat!! Must be nice though to have such a nice up and coming crop.........and get younger!!:eek:
You're correct about Larvarnway and some of it is wishful thinking on my part. Salty has even more holes than Larvarway, however. They are both big, strong catchers but Salty is weak defensively. He has a strong but inaccurate arm and his ratio of walks to strikeouts is really poor. With Ross out, Larvarnway has an opportunity to do something. He's got to be pretty smart. He went to Yale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom