Middlebrooks out with broken wrist | The Boneyard

Middlebrooks out with broken wrist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
per ESPN

Say goodbye to one of the best young hitters of 2012. Took a 96mph heater right off the wrist.

Please give Crawford his TJ surgery and trade Cody Ross for a prospect or two and look toward 2013.

Reaction Score
per ESPN

Say goodbye to one of the best young hitters of 2012. Took a 96mph heater right off the wrist.

Please give Crawford his TJ surgery and trade Cody Ross for a prospect or two and look toward 2013.
Completely agree but if Ben continues his run on majoring on the minors,he will do nothing of significance.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Nomar never came back form a similar injury.

Reaction Score
The difference is I believe Nomar's injury involved a tendon more than a broken bone, no?

Yeah, I think Nomar just kept tearing tendons and muscles and he broke down. I remember reading a lot of rumors that his reliance on steroids is what caused it.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I think Nomar just kept tearing tendons and muscles and he broke down. I remember reading a lot of rumors that his reliance on steroids is what caused it.
If only Nomar had the hindsight to see what HGH could do for the careers of Clemens, Pettitte, Jeter and Rivera as they approached or passed 40.

Reaction Score
Only a dopey Sox fan would throw Rivera and Jeter in with Nomar.........never ends how lame people can be!!!:eek:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Only a dopey Sox fan would throw Rivera and Jeter in with Nomar.........never ends how lame people can be!!!:eek:

Nomar was the better player before the wrist.

Reaction Score
Nomar was the better player before the wrist.

Agreed I'm just pretty sure one was clean and the other was questionable at best.........both came in as skinny young guys who were good hitters and one go a lot stronger..........but one also lasted and fought smaller injuries because he was clean.....I like the one we still have!! ;)....you take "he was better before the wrist"!!!

Reaction Score
I always get a chuckle out of the sucker Yankees fans who think it's impossible that Jeter and Rivera and Posada, never ever used any type of performance enhancing drugs. Is it because of their aw shuck nice demeanor? Is it their nice haircuts? Is it because they went to church?
Andy Pettitte was all those things and he was a user.

Reaction Score
Agreed I'm just pretty sure one was clean and the other was questionable at best.........both came in as skinny young guys who were good hitters and one go a lot stronger..........but one also lasted and fought smaller injuries because he was clean.....I like the one we still have!! ;)....you take "he was better before the wrist"!!!

When do you think Nomar started using exactly? In his first two years as a 23 and 24 year old, he was putting up a 875 and 946 OPS respectively. So in other words as a skinny young guy he was already kicking ass. It took Jeter four full seasons to put up an OPS better than Nomar's first full rookie year.

According to SI, as of 2001, here were the weights of the three top SS compared to their weights during their rookie season
Nomar 190 (rookie 167, plus 23 pounds)
Jeter 195 (rookie 175, plus 20 pounds)
A-Rod 210 (rookie 190, plus 20 pounds)

Reaction Score
Nothing to see here:

NomarSportsIllustrated.jpg

Just a guy that got so jacked he messed up his wrist a week after this picture and then kept getting injuries consistent with steroid use. But he was just a skinny little shortstop right.

Reaction Score
Thanks zyron for answering for me..........the pop goes the groin was well documented too....injures like that suddenly!!

So ignorant to facts within their own clubhouse it's hilarious........"we were so clean" hahahaha

Reaction Score
I always get a chuckle out of the sucker Yankees fans who think it's impossible that Jeter and Rivera and Posada, never ever used any type of performance enhancing drugs. Is it because of their aw shuck nice demeanor? Is it their nice haircuts? Is it because they went to church?
Andy Pettitte was all those things and he was a user.
I think it's because they're not allowed to have facial hair.

Reaction Score
Thanks zyron for answering for me..........the pop goes the groin was well documented too....injures like that suddenly!!

So ignorant to facts within their own clubhouse it's hilarious........"we were so clean" hahahaha
Every team in MLB used steroids, wasn't against the rules just illegal. We all pretend its some huge stigma but it really doesn't matter unless you happen to be one of the clean players who lost a spot. It might make you feel better to think 'dirty Nomar' got what he deserved but the likely truth is he just had bad luck and 8/10 guys who used never had problems.

Reaction Score
Nothing to see here:

View attachment 1079

Just a guy that got so jacked he messed up his wrist a week after this picture and then kept getting injuries consistent with steroid use. But he was just a skinny little shortstop right.

well he was a skinny little shortstop when he came up in 1996 but that pic is in 2001. 5 years after his first appearance in the majors. Is it possible he roided up? Hell yeah. Is it possible that Jeets and Mo and Posada roided up or HGH'd up or whatever PED you want to put in there? Hell yeah. You really think the Core Four is clean? We already know 1/4 was dirty even though he promised he was clean.

That Yankees clubhouse was like a CSI lab in the late 90's early 2000's....and that's not even counting the Golden Thong that Giambi made everyone wear or Clemens getting his icy hot treatments in places you don't want to get icy hot treatments. Freak Show Central. This was not a hangout for choir boys people.

Reaction Score
Anyway, getting back to the topic of the thread, looks like Middlebrooks will NOT need surgery and it should heal on it's own. Hopefully the Sox will shut him down for the year and get him ready for a full season next year.

Still waiting for them to shut down Crawford so he can get his TJ surgery and come back ASAP.

Reaction Score
well he was a skinny little shortstop when he came up in 1996 but that pic is in 2001. 5 years after his first appearance in the majors. Is it possible he roided up? Hell yeah. Is it possible that Jeets and Mo and Posada roided up or HGH'd up or whatever PED you want to put in there? Hell yeah. You really think the Core Four is clean? We already know 1/4 was dirty even though he promised he was clean.

That Yankees clubhouse was like a CSI lab in the late 90's early 2000's....and that's not even counting the Golden Thong that Giambi made everyone wear or Clemens getting his icy hot treatments in places you don't want to get icy hot treatments. Freak Show Central. This was not a hangout for choir boys people.

You are seriously out of control with your red sunglasses................the Sox were just as bad when they won it all like it or not EVERYONE cheated Papi, Damon, Millar, Varitek I promised all juiced and to think otherwise tells me your a bigger joke than I already assumed!! Baseball is not the same pal........................

Reaction Score
You are seriously out of control with your red sunglasses................the Sox were just as bad when they won it all like it or not EVERYONE cheated Papi, Damon, Millar, Varitek I promised all juiced and to think otherwise tells me your a bigger joke than I already assumed!! Baseball is not the same pal........................

Baseball is not the same and their testing policy sucks..........it took this long to catch Melky? He looked different and performed better....no he was suspended???:confused:........it took this long after 2 of his "finest" years ever suddenly? Joke

Reaction Score
Hey Vinnie from the Bronx put down the pasta and gravy, pick up your glasses and show me where I said the Sox never juiced.

What I did say was I find it comical that you and your partners in crime take shots at Nomar for roiding (he likely did although he was never officially "caught") yet 99.99% of the Yankees fanbase will go to their grave thinking the sacred Core Four never touched a thing.

Reaction Score
Hey Vinnie from the Bronx put down the pasta and gravy, pick up your glasses and show me where I said the Sox never juiced.

What I did say was I find it comical that you and your partners in crime take shots at Nomar for roiding (he likely did although he was never officially "caught") yet 99.99% of the Yankees fanbase will go to their grave thinking the sacred Core Four never touched a thing.

What I find comical is the Yankee players admitted when they were caught. Giambi, Pettitte, A-Rod yet I haven't heard a peep from the Sox. Ortiz said anyone who is caught should be banned for a year. When he is caught he shuts up.

Reaction Score

Wow you're an original Viking....vinnie from the bronx yo? ......even a dope like you can do better than that.......again Core Four? Who? Jeter....doubt it never know I guess......Mo? ditto................others admitted it and were obvious..........now when your done with XBox tonight try to stay off the PC it makes you look really stupid............

Reaction Score
What I find comical is the Yankee players admitted when they were caught. Giambi, Pettitte, A-Rod yet I haven't heard a peep from the Sox. Ortiz said anyone who is caught should be banned for a year. When he is caught he shuts up.
So when an athlete puts on a Yankee uniform he becomes more honorable but when one puts on a Red Sox uniform they become dirty liars? I guess that's why former Yankee Clemens lied, he's still got the sox taint.

What about Gary Sheffield, Chuck Knoblach, Kevin Brown and David Justice who were all in the Mitchell report along with Ortiz?

I honestly don't care, but its the silliest kind of fandom I've ever heard to think the Yankees are better the Red Sox at admitting to steroid use. They all only do so if cornered (look at how long it took Giambi to truly confess), to wit...

In December 2004, the SF Chronicle reported it had seen Giambi's 2003 grand jury testimony in the BALCO investigation. The newspaper said that in his testimony, Giambi admitted to using several different steroids during the off-seasons from 2001 to 2003, and injecting himself with HGH during the 2003 season.[23] In a press conference prior to the 2005 season, Giambi apologized publicly to the media and his fans, though he did not specifically state what for. The lawyer who illegally leaked the testimony later pleaded guilty, and was sentenced to 2 and a half years in prison.[24]
Giambi apologized again on May 16, 2007, this time specifically for using steroids, and urged others in the sport to do the same.[25] "I was wrong for using that stuff," he told USA TODAY. "What we should have done a long time ago was stand up—players, ownership, everybody—and said, 'We made a mistake.'" When asked why he used steroids, Giambi responded: "Maybe one day I'll talk about it, but not now." Giambi did speak with George J. Mitchell, after being forced to do so by Selig.

Reaction Score
So when an athlete puts on a Yankee uniform he becomes more honorable but when one puts on a Red Sox uniform they become dirty liars? I guess that's why former Yankee Clemens lied, he's still got the sox taint.

What about Gary Sheffield, Chuck Knoblach, Kevin Brown and David Justice who were all in the Mitchell report along with Ortiz?

I honestly don't care, but its the silliest kind of fandom I've ever heard to think the Yankees are better the Red Sox at admitting to steroid use. They all only do so if cornered (look at how long it took Giambi to truly confess), to wit...

In December 2004, the SF Chronicle reported it had seen Giambi's 2003 grand jury testimony in the BALCO investigation. The newspaper said that in his testimony, Giambi admitted to using several different steroids during the off-seasons from 2001 to 2003, and injecting himself with HGH during the 2003 season.[23] In a press conference prior to the 2005 season, Giambi apologized publicly to the media and his fans, though he did not specifically state what for. The lawyer who illegally leaked the testimony later pleaded guilty, and was sentenced to 2 and a half years in prison.[24]
Giambi apologized again on May 16, 2007, this time specifically for using steroids, and urged others in the sport to do the same.[25] "I was wrong for using that stuff," he told USA TODAY. "What we should have done a long time ago was stand up—players, ownership, everybody—and said, 'We made a mistake.'" When asked why he used steroids, Giambi responded: "Maybe one day I'll talk about it, but not now." Giambi did speak with George J. Mitchell, after being forced to do so by Selig.

Quite honestly ridiculous to argue over who did and who didn't......every team had about 50% I'm sure who did and baseball ignored it!! This isn;t just the stars it;s the mediocre guys who should have never left the minors but somehow became good enough to hit .260 and get 15 HR's and 60 RBI as a backup too.......it will never end and we will never know!!

Reaction Score

Clemens is an a. Hated him on the Red Sox, Blue Jays and never wanted him on the Yankees. Only reason he got off is MacNemee(or however you spell it) is a lot scummier than Clemens.

I believe Knoblach admitted he did them too. Brown and Justice, why not throw Canseco in too because he played about 50 games for the Yanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom