Mid-July way too early preason predictions | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Mid-July way too early preason predictions

Reaction Score
Aubrey is not a great player. If she was a great player there would not be all this doubting her playing time. Aubrey has the talent to be very good and should show much improvement this season. She is a lot better than many on this board believes. She and Fudd play different positions and Fudd's playing should not affect Aubrey's playing time. She has the ability to score and Geno has indicated he wants her to shoot more.
Geno said, “The key thing that we’re trying to help Aubrey with is be consistent and be Aubrey more consistently. You can watch Aubrey play for a minute and you go, ‘This kid should start and play 40 minutes. What’s wrong with the coach?’ And you can watch Aubrey for the next minute and go, ‘This kid shouldn’t play more than one minute any game.’”

He also said, “There’s a lot that Aubrey can do that she’s not doing both offensively and defensively. And I’m asking her to do more and usually when you ask people to do more, they like that. So I’m hoping that we can get her to do more. More of the good things that she does and less of the tentative things that she does.”

Here's the entire article.

Reaction Score
You
I too have no idea in terms of minutes and how that will be distributed but, the question I really pose is why would Geno just stop playing someone who has a little more seniority in his system as opposed to a bunch of newcomers?
You saw it last year, didn't you? Paige was a freshman and wound up having the most minutes. Azzi is sort of regarded in her mold. So seniority didn't play a role. Further, even Nika wound up with more minutes than Aubrey.

And Evina came in as a newcomer over Aubrey too. Now we have Dorka coming in-- who is in the Evina mode.

Those two players may very well - either directly or indirectly take away a good chunk of minutes from Aubrey.

I just want to make it clear again - I'm not saying they will. But I can see the possibility. It would be less of a possibility for her minutes to decline if she could hit shots.

Reaction Score
Because UConn woman's basketball isn't a union shop?
Never suggested they were, only that Aubrey has more playing experience and practice experience here than any of the newbies and has seen the floor enough to the point where I feel Geno wouldn’t just throw her on the bench and ignore her.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Never suggested they were, only that Aubrey has more playing experience and practice experience here than any of the newbies and has seen the floor enough to the point where I feel Geno wouldn’t just throw her on the bench and ignore her.
Never suggested he would, only that that the term seniority isn't really a sports concept.

Reaction Score
every winning team needs someone to do the little things that don't show up in the stat sheet and Mir and Aubrey are those type of players they stayed for a reason and I think it's to be apart of something great even if it's just to make the "Stars of the team" work hard in practice to make the games easier this team is so loaded it's toughest competition may be in practice but in my heart before it's all said and MIr an AG will have a impact on this season

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I genuinely believe Aubrey is a great player, she just has much better players before her.
What players ahead of Aubrey can be considered great? There is only one player on UConn who has proven to be great unless you are one of those people who have cheapened the meaning of great and there are many who have. .

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
Geno said, “The key thing that we’re trying to help Aubrey with is be consistent and be Aubrey more consistently. You can watch Aubrey play for a minute and you go, ‘This kid should start and play 40 minutes. What’s wrong with the coach?’ And you can watch Aubrey for the next minute and go, ‘This kid shouldn’t play more than one minute any game.’”

He also said, “There’s a lot that Aubrey can do that she’s not doing both offensively and defensively. And I’m asking her to do more and usually when you ask people to do more, they like that. So I’m hoping that we can get her to do more. More of the good things that she does and less of the tentative things that she does.”

Here's the entire article.
Yes, and that does not describe what I would call a great player. The word great, imo, is vastly overused by people today, especially sports announcers. I really believe she has the ability to become great.

Reaction Score
Yes, and that does not describe what I would call a great player. The word great, imo, is vastly overused by people today, especially sports announcers. I really believe she has the ability to become great.

What part of what I quoted from Geno indicated that she is a great player? Absolutely nothing. I certainly never said it.

I was quoting Geno to validate your argument that, as you said, "Aubrey has the talent to be very good and should show much improvement this season." Learn how to argue with someone who disputes your position, instead of someone who supports it.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
What part of what I quoted from Geno indicated that she is a great player? Absolutely nothing. I certainly never said it.

I was quoting Geno to validate your argument that, as you said, "Aubrey has the talent to be very good and should show much improvement this season." Learn how to argue with someone who disputes your position, instead of someone who supports it.
I was agreeing with you. My great player response was to Heytherego's post saying Aubrey is a great player. Learn to read all posts to which a poster is responding. If I was disagreeing with you I would not have given your post a "like".

Reaction Score
I suspect Nika will start. But even if she doesn't start I think she will get plenty of minutes. Why? If Paige and Azzi go nuts on opponents (as we think they will) with Nika brining the ball up court Geno will be hard pressed to break up this 3 guard line up.
Starting 4 guards is not doable considering all the talent on the team...Nika will come in for Paige or Evina when needed, AE starts next year.

Reaction Score
I was agreeing with you. My great player response was to Heytherego's post saying Aubrey is a great player. Learn to read all posts to which a poster is responding. If I was disagreeing with you I would not have given your post a "like".
Didn't mean to offend. I usually reply to posts that directly quote a post of mine, and not an entire conversation, unless all of the related quotes are included in the reply. It's all good.

Reaction Score
What players ahead of Aubrey can be considered great? There is only one player on UConn who has proven to be great unless you are one of those people who have cheapened the meaning of great and there are many who have. .
Uconn has elite talent, on any other team outside of the top 3, Aubrey could be a starter. In my OPINION Aubrey is a great player.

Reaction Score
Uconn has elite talent, on any other team outside of the top 3, Aubrey could be a starter. In my OPINION Aubrey is a great player.
I love aspects of Aubrey game. She like Gabby Williams might not reach her potential while at UConn. Gabby played the 5 at UConn and now is playing point guard in Europe. She has evolved to one of the best players in the world in my estimation. She can shoot from the outside, drive to the hoop, play great defense and now has the confidence to do so. Aubrey could be as good as Gabby at some point. When she makes a jump it will be a big jump.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom