retired Ohio teacher
- Apr 9, 2016
- Reaction Score
We have heard from Geno and the players enough thIs summer to make some way too early predictions.
- Paige will log fewer minutes, average fewer points per game and lead the nation in assists. She will hate the first, could care less about the second, and be proud of the third.
- Azzi will be as good as advertised. She will team with Paige to form the nation’s best guard tandem.
- Bringing Dorka sent a message to Liv. Geno’s post season conference with Liv probably was not pleasant but she stayed. I would say the starter at 5 is unknown but Dorka came to play and I think she starts.
- Evina will emerge as the most valuable (I didn’t say best or most talented) player. Her versatility, clean bill of health and off the chart leadership will be the glue to the team. She may not, however, start but play as close to as many minutes as last year.
- Nika will successfully address every weakness that Geno identified at the end of the season , including improving her outside shot. Azzi and Paige will be too good sending Nika to the bench as a valuable early game sub.
- Saylor’s back will fully heal. She will end up getting more minutes than CD4. Poffenberger will prove to be a better perimeter defender. She is not the shooter CD4 is but is a heck of a lot better than what she showed last winter.
- Mir will show the most dramatic sophomore leap. A clarified role and a better understanding of the playbook and expectations will be the contributing factors.
- Aubrey’s lack of consistent outside shot finally catch up to her and she gets passed on the depth chart.
- Piath not transferring tells me that she is ok for now with the plan that Geno has for her. I hope her medical issues don’t prevent us from seeing what the plan is. I think the weight loss was step one.
- I think CW continues to thrive in her found role of defensive stopper and provides the consistent play that boneyarders have been hoping for.