Mickey Mouse Operation | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mickey Mouse Operation

Reaction Score
I’m betting you never drove that route to Philly... if you did - you pissed off Siri somewhere along the way and she laughed @ you the whole time.
I’m betting I have (it’s actually 80W) and I’m also betting there’s little to no traffic that way. A bit scenic cutting through Milford and the Poconos and nope Siri never laughed because I don’t need Siri for the ride
I’ve also tried to do the 95 thing and it can be disastrous with the trucks and construction.
But hey, to each his own right?

Reaction Score
Disagree. I have driven to Phili for work dozens of times. Flying is both faster and eliminates traffic risk in NYC and Jersey.

Not if your flying on American. Just ask Mike Anthony✈️who writes for the Courant

Last edited:

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Maybe Whaler is trying to say we have our OC off on a recruiting trip and tweeting like he’s going off with Jake and Elwood.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
There are certainly things that are grossly underfunded in this program, to be sure. But I don't really mind Giufre doing this trip by car. And I have high hopes for him as our new OC because I think he's a high quality football guy.

As for having a new offensive coordinator every year... well, this is like the Defense Against The Dark Arts post; it's always a one year thing... ;)

Reaction Score
Disagree. I have driven to Phili for work dozens of times. Flying is both faster and eliminates traffic risk in NYC and Jersey.
They need a sponsor with a small plane and lots of time. They can land much closer to their actual destination.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Dear Diary:

Reason #873 why I no longer enjoy pleasuring myself:

giphy.gif

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Must be spring time on the boneyard? The smell of arguments in the air

Reaction Score
Maybe Whaler is trying to say we have our OC off on a recruiting trip and tweeting like he’s going off with Jake and Elwood.

looks like he definitely had a sidekick

Reaction Score
In a several decade career calling on developers ... I’ve got 4 clients dead in 3 separate small plane crashes. One of the Paine Stewart variety.

In the Northeast, I say ... enjoy the drive. Learn to enjoy music or booksontape or podcasts.

Reaction Score
I don't get in private aircraft unless they are with well established charters with very experienced pilots. Amateur pilots are a no go for me. I am very comfortable flying with the big commercial airlines. Stepping outside that realm I am very cautious.

That's just me.......

Reaction Score
Do you know his plan? I mean other than driving to Philly? Visiting a guy in Jersey maybe? A slight side trip to Delaware? I met one of the coaches on the Jersey Tpk a couple of years ago. Hitting south jersey and Philly it happened. As it happens I used to travel to Central PA a lot and flying to Philly wasn’t worth the effort especially if you had multiple stops to make.

Reaction Score
This is the dumbest thread I've ever seen on this board. All about nothing.

Lol. Yeah because most tweets are about really important stuff like what someone had for lunch or other crucial information.

Reaction Score
I’ll treat this response as serious.

Yes. Obviously that is the point. Nobody important in an organization drives from Hartford to Phili.

That's just not true.

Reaction Score
Then there is this.

If he takes his own car, he probably gets reimbursed 54 cents a mile. Up and back is easily 500 miles, thrown in another couple of hundred for driving to and fro around state. So say he puts 700 miles on his odometer.

He pockets $378. Nice lttle chuck of change. Makes driving worth it.

Reaction Score
It was Sunday........not like he had meetings with players/coaches on the travel day. But I will play along - 40 minutes from Storrs to Bradley, 1:30 at the airport for security and boarding. 1:30 flight to Philly. 30 minutes to disembark and get rental. Unknown drive time to final destination. 4 hours 10 minutes if everything runs smoothly. Drive from Storrs to Philly 4 hours 30 minutes on a Sunday. I also don’t know how comfortable our new OC is in a plane seat.

Reaction Score
He's probably going to take several stops to see some highschool coaches on the way.

No need to fly when you can touch base with all of the coaches in new jersey as well

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom