Michelle Voepel's tweet about Olivia Miles | The Boneyard

Michelle Voepel's tweet about Olivia Miles

Reaction Score
Tweeted eighth game this season Miles has had at least 15 points and 5 assists.

So how many Uconn WBB players (since 2000-01) have achieved the same? That was their 26th game of the season (in bracket shows occurrences after first 26 games).
  • 2001-02 Sue Bird (8)
  • 2002-03 Diana Taurasi (10)
  • 2008-09 Renee Mongomery (10)
  • 2010-11 Maya Moore (10)
  • 2015-16 Breanna Stewart (10)
  • 2018-19 Katie Lou Samuelson (10)
  • 2018-19 Napheesa Collier (8)
  • 2018-19 Crystal Dangerfield (8)
  • 2020-21 Paige Bueckers (13)
Only Paige achieved as underclassman.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Not to be a wet blanket because I think Miles is very talented and creative but boy does she make some bad decisions with her bounce passes into traffic. Very lackadaisical. Anyway, even worse, I have to say Mabrey was the 4th Q / OT star at point. :oops:

Reaction Score
Some writers and blogs overreact to all the crazy, "UConn gets all the publicity" talk and create non-UConn stories. Just as UConn falling out of the Top 10 is big news, Notre Dame reaching the Top20 is getting mention. While not sure Miles' stats are that noteworthy, ND deserves credit for improving and with Miles and Mabrey are an interesting team to watch.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think MIles is very good, but she had 3 turnovers/near turnovers in the final seconds of regulation last night.

I had not seen the younger Mabrey play before. She has the same bun, body (through shorter), movement, and shot as her sisters. It was unmistakeable as to which player was Dara.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
If I had to guess Voepel is using the stat as a "Freshman" stat vs all players stat. She is also using it as an ACC stat vs all conference players stat.
When you start to use various parameters regarding stat you can find some players, or only one player who falls into a category.
I am sure Clark of Iowa has a ton more, but she isnt a freshman, nor in the ACC.

"Fun With Numbers"

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think MIles is very good, but she had 3 turnovers/near turnovers in the final seconds of regulation last night.

I had not seen the younger Mabrey play before. She has the same bun, body (through shorter), movement, and shot as her sisters. It was unmistakeable as to which player was Dara.
Clone technology exists.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
If I had to guess Voepel is using the stat as a "Freshman" stat vs all players stat. She is also using it as an ACC stat vs all conference players stat.
When you start to use various parameters regarding stat you can find some players, or only one player who falls into a category.
I am sure Clark of Iowa has a ton more, but she isnt a freshman, nor in the ACC.

"Fun With Numbers"
Just looked up Caitlin Clarks same stat.
She has 15 pts with at least 5 assists in 20 of her 23 games this year.

Miles is a very good freshman.
Freshman tend to make more mistakes than older players.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Whatever some think of Miles, and I've been a fan since her HS days, we UConn fans would be very nervous playing that team if Caitlin had decided to honor her commitment to the Domers. Just sayin'.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Whatever some think of Miles, and I've been a fan since her HS days, we UConn fans would be very nervous playing that team if Caitlin had decided to honor her commitment to the Domers. Just sayin'.
Wait, wut? Honored her commitment? She committed and then came to her senses changed her mind? Says who?

Reaction Score
Miles turned into a turnover machine at the end that almost cost them the game. That being said , when UConn or Caitlin are not playing she is fun to watch. How about that UNC/Louisville game?
Fun night in the ACC.
That UNC/Louisville game was a fun game. I think I could have made dinner in the time that ball hung on the rim at the end.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
That UNC/Louisville game was a fun game. I think I could have made dinner in the time that ball hung on the rim at the end.
Made Sports Center with Engstler getting T'd up and I think thrown out of the game.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Wait, wut? Honored her commitment? She committed and then came to her senses changed her mind? Says who?
I think you'd feel differently if you were a Domer. That however doesn't change the conceit. We UConn fans would be much more unsettled during those yearly meetings if she were there.

Reaction Score
Did Clark ever actually commit to ND? Is there a link anywhere? I know a lot of ND fans assumed she was going there but.....

Reaction Score
Made Sports Center with Engstler getting T'd up and I think thrown out of the game.
She didn't get tossed, but basically, she missed a tough shot and got pissed, then committed a silly foul on the sideline. As she was walking past the ref, she said something to him (visibly) and then right away realized her error, but the T was already issued. The T ended up being her 5th foul.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I think you'd feel differently if you were a Domer. That however doesn't change the conceit. We UConn fans would be much more unsettled during those yearly meetings if she were there.
If @UConnCat were a Domer, of course she'd feel differently because that would mean her moral character would be severely deficient and her logical reasoning skills would suffer as a result.

Let's not spend any undue time imagining that horrifying scenario :eek::cool:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Well of course. If Clark had chosen ND I bet Muffet would still be coaching. Maybe Miles wouldn't be there, however. Who knows? The same could be said about a lot of teams if Player X were on their team. I'm sure UConn fans could come up with an example or two.

My question was about her not honoring a commitment to Notre Dame. That's news to me.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
If @UConnCat were a Domer, of course she'd feel differently because that would mean her moral character would be severely deficient and her logical reasoning skills would suffer as a result.

Let's not spend any undue time imagining that horrifying scenario :eek::cool:
LOL

Actually, I'm Irish-Catholic from NJ who was taught at a young age to "cheer, cheer for Old Notre Dame."

That was then.

Reaction Score
Some writers and blogs overreact to all the crazy, "UConn gets all the publicity" talk and create non-UConn stories. Just as UConn falling out of the Top 10 is big news, Notre Dame reaching the Top20 is getting mention. While not sure Miles' stats are that noteworthy, ND deserves credit for improving and with Miles and Mabrey are an interesting team to watch.
I just don't get the connection to UConn. She could have compared Miles to some of wbb's best/greatest, current/past...but why only UConn? I agree, this is all about "the world is unfair & UConn gets all the publicity."

Reaction Score
Well of course. If Clark had chosen ND I bet Muffet would still be coaching. Maybe Miles wouldn't be there, however. Who knows? The same could be said about a lot of teams if Player X were on their team. I'm sure UConn fans could come up with an example or two.

My question was about her not honoring a commitment to Notre Dame. That's news to me.
I've scoured Google and could find nothing even close to a verbal commitment to ND. It seems a lot of their fans assumed one though.

Reaction Score
LOL

Actually, I'm Irish-Catholic from NJ who was taught at a young age to "cheer, cheer for Old Notre Dame."

That was then.
Are you old enough to remember being force fed Lindsey Nelson with the football highlights every Sunday during the FB season on NBC?

Reaction Score

If you have seen her sisters, you can pick out the Mabrey in the crowd. Almost, carbon copy, even down to shooting and dribbling. They must have SOME parents!

Reaction Score
I just don't get the connection to UConn. She could have compared Miles to some of wbb's best/greatest, current/past...but why only UConn? I agree, this is all about "the world is unfair & UConn gets all the publicity."
Geno, with his millions, has paid the world to be "unfair" to all except Uconn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom