Michelle Voepel reprising the bad for basketball argument | The Boneyard

Michelle Voepel reprising the bad for basketball argument

Reaction Score
I don't see this anywhere on the internet. Can you provide a link to that discussion.
thx

Reaction Score
I think the OP misread the column. She literally says that UConns dominance has been good to help grow the game. Then she goes on to say that new faces are good as well. This anti-UConn bias that some people see is generally hogwash.

Reaction Score
Voepel: It matters a ton, for all the reasons Charlie said. This is a meeting of two very different generations of coaches who are both successful. No one has accomplished more than Geno Auriemma's 11 NCAA titles. It's hard to imagine we'll ever see another program replicate this, and for the growth of the sport, it's probably best if that's the case.

I can't figure out how the OP twisted this into "Paraphrased - "UConn in it's 13th straight f4. Better for WCBB to end that streak.""

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Well, maybe a little bit of a hot take on my part... I'll admit that "shouldn't happen again" is not exactly "should end". Still, I think Michelle has made it clear that she's had enough UConn.

Reaction Score
Well, maybe a little bit of a hot take on my part... I'll admit that "shouldn't happen again" is not exactly "should end". Still, I think Michelle has made it clear that she's had enough UConn.
My take, what would help greatly in your case, if you attached a link/source to the post.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
My take, what would help greatly in your case, if you attached a link/source to the post.
It's four posts up. .. not trying to make a case fwiw

Reaction Score
Voepel: It matters a ton, for all the reasons Charlie said. This is a meeting of two very different generations of coaches who are both successful. No one has accomplished more than Geno Auriemma's 11 NCAA titles. It's hard to imagine we'll ever see another program replicate this, and for the growth of the sport, it's probably best if that's the case.

I can't figure out how the OP twisted this into "Paraphrased - "UConn in it's 13th straight f4. Better for WCBB to end that streak.""
Not much of twist, we used to do this in grammar school with sentence structure.
"its probably best if that's the case, that no team replicate what UConn has done for the growth of the sport.

Reaction Score
This is pretty weird. It's the very FRESHNESS of this UConn edition that's so attractive. Nothing stale and repetitive to cry "deja vu" over.
How better can you describe a Husky team made up of all underclassmen and a freshman who's having an historically unique year? Fresh, that's the word.
And while I'm at it, how can anyone seriously anoint Brenda Frese the COY? Would any of the successful teams trade their coach even-up for the head Terp? She's ,more than 20 years between an NC, and there's talk down here of at least a couple of her present players leaving the program (again). One has publicly dissed the program. How great is all that?

Reaction Score
I know we often say NC or bust at Connecticut, but for many programs just reaching the final four is an incredible achievement. Think about how for the last 13 seasons, or 14 years, no team in Connecticut’s bracket has broken through. That’s since 2008, or when Tennessee last won a NC!!! We have continued to be at this bad for basketball level for a long time. Now it seems we are poised to once again be really bad for basketball. With the team we have next year, it should be another final four at minimum. And 3 years of Fudd and Bueckers should keep the ball rolling.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom