Michael Bradley Wanted to Give up Scholarship | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Michael Bradley Wanted to Give up Scholarship

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
sounds like he feels comfortable with the situation. That $38,000 being thrown out by bloggers just ain't so.
That's what drives me a little nuts about the whole thing. I don't think Bradley should have to give up his scholarship.... but at the same time... I remember what kind of financial aid I got with two parents making an average middle class income... and I think Bradley must be getting significantly more than I was... I'm definitely not trying to discount at all what Michael is doing, not in the least... but to say he's taking on $38,000 is just irresponsible.

Reaction Score
Hans Sprungfield is also far from a new anything. Scote you might want to check the pilot light on your humor/sarcasm detector

Reaction Score
Welcome back Fishy! Fatherhood certainly has made you mellow!

Reaction Score
All I can say is this is one very impressive young man....I wish him the very best.

Reaction Score
Fishy, a new member, hah.

Im happy to read this mainly because my main concern was whether Bradley was afraid of what would happen if he refused to give his scholarship up (e.g. angry fans, etc). Just glad the kid was able to make his own decision.

Reaction Score
Bradley already had a great story. Much more compelling than what he did with his scholarship. So I was already rooting for him big time. This just adds to the story imo.

To me this is the most salient point of the article:
“I asked Mike, point-blank. He said, ‘I’m not being pressured, it’s not something I have to do, but it’s something I want to do.’”
Between this story and what we have heard about Wolf choosing to stay at UConn, I hope some of the posters that are convinced JC will throw anyone under the bus to get better players, will finally realize that the past decisions of transfers were the kids decisions.

Naturally the JC detractors won't believe this. They'll convince themselves the kid was pressured to say this. They can't admit they are wrong or that they are as guilty about breaking rules as the people they target. Either ignore them or accept Fishy's point of view about them.
You guys probably still believe in Santa and the Easter bunny, too...Once a kid signs his scholarship, as wolf did on July 1 just like everyone else, you can't do anything to get rid of him...Next year, you can. Just tell him you're not re-upping his scholly. Of ocurse, if you're a kid who hopes to see the floor and hopes to get his scholly back next year, and are a pretty bright kid to boot, you know enough to say the right thing...were probalby even "coached" to say it. Bottom line is I'm glad he did it., Glad we landed Drummond. Do not believe for a minute that Bradley and Wolf weren't pressured to give up their scholarhsips. One didn't. One did. By the way, I totally agree that any coach in the country, and 98% of ADs would have gone along with this proposal to get a player of Drummond's abilities. If this had happened at Duke, it would have been brilliant balancing of team needs with player opportunities. Coach K would have been hailed as a statesman for figuring it out. But like a lot of things, none of that, even the fact that I'm glad it happened, makes it really right.

Reaction Score
You guys probably still believe in Santa and the Easter bunny, too...Once a kid signs his scholarship, as wolf did on July 1 just like everyone else, you can't do anything to get rid of him...Next year, you can. Just tell him you're not re-upping his scholly. Of ocurse, if you're a kid who hopes to see the floor and hopes to get his scholly back next year, and are a pretty bright kid to boot, you know enough to say the right thing...were probalby even "coached" to say it. Bottom line is I'm glad he did it., Glad we landed Drummond. Do not believe for a minute that Bradley and Wolf weren't pressured to give up their scholarhsips. One didn't. One did. By the way, I totally agree that any coach in the country, and 98% of ADs would have gone along with this proposal to get a player of Drummond's abilities. If this had happened at Duke, it would have been brilliant balancing of team needs with player opportunities. Coach K would have been hailed as a statesman for figuring it out. But like a lot of things, none of that, even the fact that I'm glad it happened, makes it really right.

Gotta love the positive spin from freescooter!! Good to have you on top of your game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom