Miami Ruling coming down tomorrow. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Miami Ruling coming down tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wish the NCAA would just come out and say "yes, we make it up as we go along. And yes we treat brand names differently. Sure it is a joke, but you will all continue to watch and play your part.....it is what it is."

At least I could respect them for being real and not insulting my intelligence.

Reaction Score
Retroactive APR punishment: 1 year ban

Hard to believe that tens of thousands in payoffs is being treated like this, with the school President taking pictures with a conman for heaven's sake, while he APR punishment is applied to UConn--retroactively.

Reaction Score
All 102 fascinating pages http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect...l+control+resulting+in+a+decade+of+violations ...

... and it basically comes down to this:

LOL.jpg

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Lol no bowl ban. But UConn misses the NCAA tournament for basketball players- four years previously- not being able to pass History 102.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I wish the NCAA would just come out and say "yes, we make it up as we go along. And yes we treat brand names differently. Sure it is a joke, but you will all continue to watch and play your part.....it is what it is."

At least I could respect them for being real and not insulting my intelligence.

Very true. College football needs to be monitored by Congress . . . first intervention. . . UConn has gotten screwed several times by CR. They now get their choice of membership . . . BiG, ACC, SEC, Big 12 or Pac 12.

Reaction Score

Not quite right with that diagram. Ohio State is a minimal sanction zone in and of itself. And USC gets sanctioned only because they can restore themselves into being a Top 5 program or better as soon as they are off time out (thereby nullifying what a penalty should do).

Reaction Score
Shapiro's final con ends in failure. Hopefully now the focus can shift to truly cleaning up the NCAA and the way they do business.

Reaction Score
Not quite right with that diagram. Ohio State is a minimal sanction zone in and of itself. And USC gets sanctioned only because they can restore themselves into being a Top 5 program or better as soon as they are off time out (thereby nullifying what a penalty should do).

No claim of creative license or ownership. Plucked it off twitter this morn.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Very true. College football needs to be monitored by Congress . . . first intervention. . . UConn has gotten screwed several times by CR. They now get their choice of membership . . . BiG, ACC, SEC, Big 12 or Pac 12.

College football needs less corruption and the first governing body that comes to mind is Congress? (At the risk of turning this too Cesspoolly) Not up on recent political activity in Washington, I see.

Reaction Score
LOL and now Haith has been suspended for 5 games. The University of Mizzou must pay!!!!!!

Seriously, where are the UConn boosters offering up hookers, booze, and yachts on LI Sound? Seriously.

Reaction Score
LOL and now Haith has been suspended for 5 games. The University of Mizzou must pay!!!!!!

Seriously, where are the UConn boosters offering up hookers, booze, and yachts on LI Sound? Seriously.

Is that called a regatta?

Reaction Score
Down in Florida, we haven't the blue blood connection to yachting, we just call it boats & ho's.

Reaction Score

LOL.

IF a UCONN booster had done what Shapiro did for the U, there would probably be a literal crucifixion televised by ESPN up on highest part of the field over horsebarn hill as you drive in to campus, only a matter of who the crowd called for as to who it would be.

Someday, I would really like an explanation from the actual media people, and in the NCAA hierarchy, as to what the specific reasons are for why UCONN is such a black sheep.

It really can't be as simple as that Jim Calhoun's personality and relentless winning for so many years, rubbed so many people the wrong way. IF it is, it kind of makes me lose my faith in humanity a bit.

Reaction Score
College football needs less corruption and the first governing body that comes to mind is Congress? (At the risk of turning this too Cesspoolly) Not up on recent political activity in Washington, I see.

I don't give a shipppp whether it's Congress (I have little use for them too) or the Supreme Court or ESPN lobbyists. Just need to get this wrong, righted. If North Carolina or Virginia or Rutgers or Maryland are in a Power 5 Conference then UConn needs to be in one too.

Reaction Score
LOL.

IF a UCONN booster had done what Shapiro did for the U, there would probably be a literal crucifixion televised by ESPN up on highest part of the field over horsebarn hill as you drive in to campus, only a matter of who the crowd called for as to who it would be. I believe that to be true after the crap they pulled in basketball.

Someday, I would really like an explanation from the actual media people, and in the NCAA hierarchy, as to what the specific reasons are for why UCONN is such a black sheep. Me too.

It really can't be as simple as that Jim Calhoun's personality and relentless winning for so many years, rubbed so many people the wrong way. IF it is, it kind of makes me lose my faith in humanity a bit.
And for me, it makes me appreciate even more that JC won three national championships - two coming at Duke's expense (even though '04 was in semi's) and the other coming at Kentucky's expense (again in the semi's). That is not suppose to happen to the bluebloods and their TV production groupies.

Great post Carl.

Reaction Score
LOL.

IF a UCONN booster had done what Shapiro did for the U, there would probably be a literal crucifixion televised by ESPN up on highest part of the field over horsebarn hill as you drive in to campus, only a matter of who the crowd called for as to who it would be.

Someday, I would really like an explanation from the actual media people, and in the NCAA hierarchy, as to what the specific reasons are for why UCONN is such a black sheep.

I'd be willing to do Hofstra a solid and offer up Hathaway.

Reaction Score

Dude - less corruption = congress? We really are in a delusional level of hell around here after all this losing. I feel like I'm the only sane person. LOLOLOLOL....in a really Vincent Price loud laugh.........

Reaction Score
LOL.

I doubt that Calhoun was anywhere near as obnoxious and relentless as coach ratface at Duke.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

I have a boat on the Sound.

I can put booze on it.

Surely, the rest of you can pony up for the hookers.

Reaction Score
The moral of the story: Your boosters can pay for hookers, abortions, and booze as as long as you cooperate with the NCAA when you are caught. Sounds good. Time for Mr. Burton to bankroll a week in Brazil during Carnivale for the entire Athletic Department.

Reaction Score
LOL.

Quite the opposite here. ESPN and the national horde have been screaming to move on from this and let the U rise again! Had it been UConn they would have been calling for the death penalty. It's enough to make you wonder if Shapiro didn't get to some of these guys early in their careers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom