Miami radio saying UConn to B1G | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Miami radio saying UConn to B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This "rumor" got picked up and made it over to the Syracuse board.

Reaction Score
If woody had gone right to the police. This would never have happened

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I can't see B1G going to 16 without ND. That has to be their endgame. That likely means taking two teams from the ACC. One plausible scenario would be Maryland rejecting the invite and the B1G then moving on to invite UConn.
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Absolutely, their failure to show the least bit of interest in us to date, makes it so obvious! Delaney is riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma. There is no way to see his next move coming. Think the B1G only goes after AAU institutions? Hah, we are not one so we are the move no one expects. That whole contiguous state thing? Forget about it! It has all been a set up for this moment so that Delaney could catch everyone flat footed. Delaney, I take my hat off to you,...figuratively. The hat never comes off. You'd like me to take it off wouldn't you? Well no way! So keep your mind control ray in your pants pal!

Reaction Score
I think I was duped. I did not hear it myself. I was out last night and was told they said this on WQAM. I totally believed it. Pretty sure guy was bs'ing me now because I have been trying to verify with no luck. Shouldn't have mentioned it here. Lesson learned.

No worries. They may have said it, and he may have really heard it.

I'm just saying I'm here and I haven't heard it.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Well, Virginia is mentioned here. No mention of UConn.

--- Who could join Maryland? Rutgers has been widely reported as being most likely to join Maryland in the Big 10. Sources also told IMS Georgia Tech would like to join. But we've also been told that the top remaining targets are North Carolina and Virginia.
http://maryland.247sports.com/Article/Will-Maryland-Leave-the-ACC-for-the-Big-10-102131

If the B1G can't get ND, I unfortunately think UNC and UVA (w/ GaTech as aback-up) are their top choices to round out a 16-team league.

Reaction Score
GT is too far south. UNC and UVA present governmental roadblocks since VT and NCSU would put up a huge stink. Not to mention those within UNC who wouldn't want to give up Duke games.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
How the SEC reacts may play a large role. Adding a school in North Carolina (NC St)and Virginia (VT) would bring the conference to sixteen members and make their map complete. Those two schools (and their fan bases) are more culturally aligned with blue collar SEC types than their stuffy state flagship conference members (UNC, UVA).

If the SEC is willing to jump in quickly, it could make a departure far easier for schools like UNC & UVA (and also may lead the B-12 to jump in and grab what they want (FSU, Clemson), leaving the ACC in a shambles.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
GT is too far south. UNC and UVA present governmental roadblocks since VT and NCSU would put up a huge stink. Not to mention those within UNC who wouldn't want to give up Duke games.

Disagree. If it got to point where UNC wanted the B1G, SEC would love NCST for Carolina market. SEC craves VaTech even more. I dont think B1G would turn down Atlanta market, especially if UNC was on board.

Reaction Score
I have trouble seeing the SEC going ga ga for NC State, they would want VT, but if they wanted them bad enough, they'd have them already. I don't see GT as a fit or the B1G.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised if conferences go beyond 16 teams.

Reaction Score
Hahha ..in the END the jokes on you guys....Have fun playing Football at Memphis..
He who laughs last..... see ya all!
Hope you win another championship in cheerleading! Good luck! Or was it fencing? I forgot!

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised if conferences go beyond 16 teams.

I could actually see them splitting and becoming smaller. Schools are going to get annoyed when they stop getting games against longtime rivals.

Reaction Score
I could actually see them splitting and becoming smaller. Schools are going to get annoyed when they stop getting games against longtime rivals.
4 18+ team conferences would serve the 4 team playoff setup perfectly.

Reaction Score
Hahha ..in the END the jokes on you guys....Have fun playing Football at Memphis..
He who laughs last..... see ya all!
Come back and tell us about the BCS bowl experience. Talk to soon and Karma will bite you in the ass. I wanted you guys to win tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom