Miami over ND | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Miami over ND

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Miami shoots over 50% against the Irish and Jassany Williams has 9 blocks to intimidate the hell out of ND. Big part of story.

Motley is the guard who went off for 32.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
ND must have had the flu also..... Still am a ND believer... fans I think the list of contenders for the title this year include UConn, ND, and USC. that is it.
I think Muppet is a great coach. I dont think she has enough talent to make it to the big dance this year. Most or many of their starters would be our bench players, possibly starting at the 7 spot - maybe. Time will tell.

Reaction Score
I think Muppet is a great coach. I dont think she has enough talent to make it to the big dance this year. Most or many of their starters would be our bench players, possibly starting at the 7 spot - maybe. Time will tell.

Agreed that Muffet is great coach..... Agreed also that they do not have McBride and Achonwa as complimentary players to Loyd.... but they do have Turner, who, as a frosh, will develop.....

And confidence that Muffet and staff will develop the rest by March.....

Mabrey though I do not know, she has never looked like a game changer to me

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Loyd and Turner combine to take a smidge more than half the team's shots and do well at 16-32 combined, but the rest of the team is 7-31 to put ND at 36.5% for the game. Seems like the same old story in the big games for ND, with just not much depth even in the starting lineup, as ND loses its first ever ACC game.

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Agreed that Muffet is great coach..... Agreed also that they do not have McBride and Achonwa as complimentary players to Loyd.... but they do have Turner, who, as a frosh, will develop.....

I don't think Mabrey could last one minute under Geno. And I dont think Cable has real talent- but has a load of toughness and heart. In addition, I dont think they match up with us at all.

Reaction Score
I have been a lone wolf all season saying Notre Dame does not have a top tier team and would not make it to the Final Four. They have a great player and a great freshman. A good pt guard. The supporting cast to Lloyd is not enough to get this team to the Championship. Cable, Mabrey, Huffing... etc...., just don't stack up against most of the very athletically talented teams now. This is not a knock, just the way I see it. A healthy Rutgers, or Syracuse was scaring me more than Notre Dame in this years regionals.

not the only one - I have mentioned their lack of depth a few times- not having Reimer exposes their weak bench

Everyone acts as if rankings are facts - they are based on previous years, and records - not the current team's ability

Notre Dame will be much better next year...... a great coach can only take you so far

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If nothing else this loss assures that they will be more than ready for UTenn in 10 days

loneycafe

Go Pack! #GTHC
Reaction Score
Conference play is gonna be very interesting this year.

Yes, it is. Even though my team will probably finish in the bottom of the pack, I'm going to enjoy watching this ACC season play out. It's going to be fun.

Reaction Score
not the only one - I have mentioned their lack of depth a few times- not having Reimer exposes their weak bench

Everyone acts as if rankings are facts - they are based on previous years, and records - not the current team's ability
Notre Dame will be much better next year. a great coach can only take you so far

Yes, the loss of Braker was the first step and soon when Wright leaves they'll have a great opportunity for improvement.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Someone on the Duke board posted that Reimer is leaving the team. Announcement forthcoming. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

Reaction Score
Someone on the Duke board posted that Reimer is leaving the team. Announcement forthcoming. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

someone on the Notre Dame board does - I doubt anything will be announced tonight, Miami to South Bend is a long trip

Notre Dame lacks talented depth in the post, this might be a big loss

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
The team looked very vulnerable tonight
And if UTenn doesn't crush them
They have a whole lot of 'splainin to do.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Don't judge a season by one game.

As to Tulane, solid coaching, always. Especially talented players, usually, not so much.

I'm not buying Miami stock, either. Yes, their coach is generally well respected, but hasn't had the success at what I think is her alma mater that was hoped for.

Reaction Score
Don't judge a season by one game.

As to Tulane, solid coaching, always. Especially talented players, usually, not so much.

I'm not buying Miami stock, either. Yes, their coach is generally well respected, but hasn't had the success at what I think is her alma mater that was hoped for.
Miami's coach Katie Meier is a Duke alum. I wouldn't buy any of Miami's stock just yet.

Reaction Score
I have been a lone wolf all season saying Notre Dame does not have a top tier team and would not make it to the Final Four. They have a great player and a great freshman. A good pt guard. The supporting cast to Lloyd is not enough to get this team to the Championship. Cable, Mabrey, Huffing... etc...., just don't stack up against most of the very athletically talented teams now. This is not a knock, just the way I see it. A healthy Rutgers, or Syracuse was scaring me more than Notre Dame in this years regionals.
Princeton...

they just need to work on breaking the press.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Reimer has left the team and will transfer. A big loss for ND.

Unfortunately, ND is now a one-trick-pony (to quote Doris Burke) with Jewel. As talented as she is, one player is not going to get you to the promised land. All Muffet's talent as a coach can't change it. Mabrey and Cable are role players - at best. Allen is hit or miss. Turner is legit. Just not enough talent there.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I too love the Miami coach. I think she was the head coach of the USA team that just fell in love with every facet of Morgan Tuck's game and personality. She made a reference that with Tuck in the huddles, there wasn't much of a need for her to coach. She envied Geno for having a player and a person like her. She just seams like a class act. Congrats to her. There is no Diggins, Mallory, Novasel, McBride. One superstar doesnt cut it anymore in the womens game.

Turner is impressive but now with Reimer gone she will have too heavy a load. Did not think ND deserved current ranking either - thought 4-7 of Coaches Poll were questionable. See Tenn moving up while ND declines. Whether the switch positions- that may be a bit abrupt. A&M went out totally flat against Tenn and never c0uld dig themselves out, despite making a couple of good runs. ND team could have been numb over the departure of Reimer, but we cannot ignore it; it is a big loss to their program.

Last edited:

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Reimer has left the team and will transfer. A big loss for ND.

Unfortunately, ND is now a one-trick-pony (to quote Doris Burke) with Jewel. As talented as she is, one player is not going to get you to the promised land. All Muffet's talent as a coach can't change it. Mabrey and Cable are role players - at best. Allen is hit or miss. Turner is legit. Just not enough talent there.
I actually think they were a "one trick pony" with Reimer. Very Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom