OT: - Miami Marlins COVID outbreak | The Boneyard

OT: Miami Marlins COVID outbreak

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
2 coaches and 8 or 9 players have tested positive for COVID-19 this morning. Added to 4 from yesterday, that makes at least 12 players. Their chartered flight was cancelled and their home opener tonight postponed while the rest of the team gets tested and awaits results.

Not looking good for live sports this year...

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Last night I read 4. Little details announced.

This is crazy.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Take this Marlins incident. Now overlay it against the NFL. Offensive and defensive lineman breathing on each other, blocking each other hundreds of times a day. Gang tackling an RB or WR or QB.

No way the NFL gets through a season.

I think there's a chance they could do it, but only if they use tests that get results back within an hour or two. MLB's tests results aren't coming back for 48 hours, and that means guys get tested, then go out on the field and play twice before finding out if that test came back positive. Same day results means players and staff can be quarantined before they go out on the field and that makes a big difference.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I think there's a chance they could do it, but only if they use tests that get results back within an hour or two. MLB's tests results aren't coming back for 48 hours, and that means guys get tested, then go out on the field and play twice before finding out if that test came back positive. Same day results means players and staff can be quarantined before they go out on the field and that makes a big difference.
Same day result tests have a very high false negative result from what I understand.

The wait in CT for regular test results right now is seven days, which is unacceptable imo, but that's what it is. If testing for professional athletes is prioritized over testing for the general public, that's going to be a questionable policy decision.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Same day result tests have a very high false negative result from what I understand.

The wait in CT for regular test results right now is seven days, which is unacceptable imo, but that's what it is. If testing for professional athletes is prioritized over testing for the general public, that's going to be a questionable policy decision.
They are out of reagent!!!!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
C'mon, Chin. You know the rules. Anytime we can crap on Florida, we will crap on Florida.

Don't blame you. Please keep it to South Florida. There's a reason why the saying goes "The further south you go, the further north you end up".

Reaction Score
I can’t believe they didn’t cancel yesterday’s Marlins-Phillies game after four positive tests. They should have know more tests would come back positive. Instead, they unnecessarily put players and staff from both teams at risk for an extra day. MLB needs to handle this better if there is any chance at baseball lasting.

Reaction Score
This is more about the society than the sport. And yes, the implications for colleges are huge because there's a lot less willingness for kids to put themselves on the line than there is for pro athletes (or at least there should be).

Reaction Score
Opening game was highest regular season tv rating in 9 years, going to be a lot of organizational pressure not to especially if they expand the roster pool to a ridiculous amount so the applicable minor leaguers are getting paid.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom