OT: - Miami Marlins COVID outbreak | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Miami Marlins COVID outbreak

Reaction Score
I can’t believe they didn’t cancel yesterday’s Marlins-Phillies game after four positive tests. They should have know more tests would come back positive. Instead, they unnecessarily put players and staff from both teams at risk for an extra day. MLB needs to handle this better if there is any chance at baseball lasting.

That should be grounds for Manfred to be fired, complete negligence, or perphaps Marlins losing 1st round picks.

Reaction Score
This is more about the society than the sport. And yes, the implications for colleges are huge because there's a lot less willingness for kids to put themselves on the line than there is for pro athletes (or at least there should be).

I agree with all that.

Ironically, after giving this some thought, I think there is a case to be made where the players are at less risk of contact in a semi-controlled setting (testing and quarantine protocols, etc.) than if there is no season and they circulate in school and the general population as young people do. I just don't see that group of young people socially distancing to any great degree.

That all said, I don't think the schools can kickoff in Sept. and if I was a university president I wouldn't let them.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I agree with all that.

Ironically, after giving this some thought, I think there is a case to be made where the players are at less risk of contact in a semi-controlled setting (testing and quarantine protocols, etc.) than if there is no season and they circulate in school and the general population as young people do. I just don't see that group of young people socially distancing to any great degree.

That all said, I don't think the schools can kickoff in Sept. and if I was a university president I wouldn't let them.

Back to the society problem because schools have given up on testing.

It was a good idea to talk about in early June, but now it's been abandoned by the schools as ineffectual and too costly. I think you are right, we can get a hold of it by taking all the precautions they are doing everywhere else, but we cant because we won't spend the money for it.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Big surprise. You didn’t include California who is currently surging as well.

I can’t imagine why.

whats your point?

California IS surging.

What does that mean?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
That should be grounds for Manfred to be fired, complete negligence, or perphaps Marlins losing 1st round picks.

Never would have happened if The Don was still head of MLBPA. Fehr would have put the squash on Manfred's plan.

Reaction Score
Big surprise. You didn’t include California who is currently surging as well.

I can’t imagine why.
Gee, maybe it's because out of those 4 states California is the one whose leadership didn't treat this like a total joke and attempted to take it seriously and do the responsible things? Just because it's surging in all those states doesn't mean all they should be treated equally. Florida, Texas, and Arizona treated this like a joke. The governor of Georgia sued the Atlanta mayor when she tried to make wearing masks a requirement, again treating it like a joke. It's a bunch of people who will wear a shirt and shoes in order to get service in a restaurant without ever saying a word, but think wearing a mask to reduce the impact of a global pandemic "violates their freedom". It's not the same mentality at all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom