Miami game reaction | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Miami game reaction

Reaction Score
Awesome win and great effort by everyone. Team played within itself and unselfish. These 3 games could be the building blocks for a good season.

Reaction Score
I mean I have nothing to add productive that wasn't blatantly obvious watching the game.

- Carlton and Gilbert need to watch today's game on a loop. Carlton playing deliberate and decisively down low and Gilbert feeding and dishing - if these two give us half of what they did today - we're a tournament team. This is what we need from them, this is how they need to play every game.

- Bouknight is scary good, but i've got no problem with Dan limiting his minutes a bit. I mean people might think it's crazy - but don't need him playing extra minutes in a 20 point blowout. I'd rather keep those appearances down a bit haha. Maybe we keep him for two years. But he's the most talented kid we've had in uniform since Napier - and might be more talented than him.

-Adams is the real breakout star from this week. I mean he put the work in - but he just doesn't do anything badly. Everything is rock solid, he's got some size to boot - what a valuable piece. And we'll have him for four years! It's crazy. Ditto to Gaffney, too - who at times was making things a little harder for himself than he needed to, but overall played better each game. If he can stretch things out and give us some depth, that's gonna be amazing.

- Akok's contributions shouldn't be understated. The length is huge - but his presence just changes so many things. He literally bailed 4 or 5 defensive miscues today and just made it impossible for Miami for find anything driving at the hoop.

- I have quietly enjoyed the non-stat-sheet-stuffing energy/little things from Sid Wilson, too. Seemed like he was just everywhere the last two days - coming up with a big block today; but also playing some great defense, finding some nifty passes, getting open, grabbing a key offensive board or two... he's my 'pennies in the couch cushion' guy. Just lots of little things that added up.

-Hurley deserves monster credit today, too. Everything that teams had been throwing at us, he adjusted to and it paid off in spades the last few days. Unquestionably his best coached game to date, too.

I'm trying to keep my expectations tempered; but outside of Memphis - we might be the best team in our conference this year.

Reaction Score
I mean I have nothing to add productive that wasn't blatantly obvious watching the game.

- Carlton and Gilbert need to watch today's game on a loop. Carlton playing deliberate and decisively down low and Gilbert feeding and dishing - if these two give us half of what they did today - we're a tournament team. This is what we need from them, this is how they need to play every game.

- Bouknight is scary good, but i've got no problem with Dan limiting his minutes a bit. I mean people might think it's crazy - but don't need him playing extra minutes in a 20 point blowout. I'd rather keep those appearances down a bit haha. Maybe we keep him for two years. But he's the most talented kid we've had in uniform since Napier - and might be more talented than him.

-Adams is the real breakout star from this week. I mean he put the work in - but he just doesn't do anything badly. Everything is rock solid, he's got some size to boot - what a valuable piece. And we'll have him for four years! It's crazy. Ditto to Gaffney, too - who at times was making things a little harder for himself than he needed to, but overall played better each game. If he can stretch things out and give us some depth, that's gonna be amazing.

- Akok's contributions shouldn't be understated. The length is huge - but his presence just changes so many things. He literally bailed 4 or 5 defensive miscues today and just made it impossible for Miami for find anything driving at the hoop.

- I have quietly enjoyed the non-stat-sheet-stuffing energy/little things from Sid Wilson, too. Seemed like he was just everywhere the last two days - coming up with a big block today; but also playing some great defense, finding some nifty passes, getting open, grabbing a key offensive board or two... he's my 'pennies in the couch cushion' guy. Just lots of little things that added up.

-Hurley deserves monster credit today, too. Everything that teams had been throwing at us, he adjusted to and it paid off in spades the last few days. Unquestionably his best coached game to date, too.

I'm trying to keep my expectations tempered; but outside of Memphis - we might be the best team in our conference this year.
Bring in Memphis. Were the best in our conference

Reaction Score
Hard not to feel giddy. Didn't think it would be possible after the St. Joe's debacle. Our young talent is obvious. Veterans are stepping up. All 10 of our players are contributing. Blowout an ACC team, beat a top mid major, and also play a tough defensive ranked team and leave feeling we should have won. We were probably destined to leave 2-1 as even had we held on vs Xavier beating Florida 2 times in a week would have been a tough task.

The plan for December is put those 5 wins at home in the bank, get better, and for Husky nation to pack MSG and get a win vs Indiana. Head into AAC play at 10-2. Our goal for the AAC should be a top 4 finish. Win as many games as possible. Florida and Xavier would be challenging Memphis (with Wiseman) as the top team in our league.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

Glad someone mentioned Sid. He’s made huge strides defensively. Still occasionally loses his man but his defense with Tyler on Jones against Xavier was not pointed out after that game.

His two made free throws showed he has a decent shot. I believe it’s only a matter of time before he makes his shots and we understand Hurley’s statement about Sid being one of the reasons he was looking forward to coming to UConn.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom