Miami at Maryland | The Boneyard

Miami at Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm more happy about the fact that someone has to lose than I am about there being a winner.

Reaction Score
ESPN 8:00 tonight - anyone watching ? Predictions ??
I would have normally called this a 50/50 game but will go with Maryland now due to the suspensions for the "u." I think Maryland quietly has a pretty good team. Factor in the respectable, but rarely better than that, teams in the ACC and I think they will have a good season.

I'm also rooting for Maryland besides thinking they will win anyway. I hated the way Edsall left, but when all is said and done, he runs a clean program. I can't help but root for any program that's clean. I also can't wait for the chance to beat Maryland in the future!

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
i've never routed for Miami but I hope they kill the terps

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'm pulling for Maryland.

No way I can root for the Canes and a Maryland win will look even better for the BE once WVU stomps them.

Reaction Score
This is like BCU playing ND, know am going to enjoy someone losing, just hope is either a rout or someone loses on a bonehead play so at least one team is in the dumps at the end.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
I don't watch ACC football out of principle.

That said, UMd has a nice QB so FUCRE may only run 75% shotgun draws tonight...

Reaction Score
Maryland wins tonight. The U is still reeling from their scandal and loss of players, plus how long can any defense be expected to withstand a bombardment of inside handoffs before they crack?

Reaction Score
Al Golden has Randy's number.... Maryland and Edsall wet the bed in their hideous piss yellow jerseys

Reaction Score
Al Golden has Randy's number.... Maryland and Edsall wet the bed in their hideous piss yellow jerseys

Given that UConn beat Temple, under Golden, 2 out of 3, with two of the games in Philly, I would suggest that you not let your dislike of Edsall lead you into stupid uses of the English language.

Reaction Score
Tell you what. Golden ate Edsall's lunch last season. His team was ready for a war, Edsall's was not. I don't think the same dynamic is in play tonight and Randy is a good game coach. Will be worth watching that's for sure.

Reaction Score
You need to remember that when Orlovsky was here, we threw the ball often. It was mainly due to the lack of a serviceable quarterback that we ran as much as we did. I bet MD throws the ball 20-25 times tonight and possibly more.

That said I hated the inside hand-off, but loved the rest of the running game.

Reaction Score
Agree with that entirely. When Edsall had the talent UCONN had decent passing attachs (Orlovsky years and when Easley came on in 09). He always played to his team's stregnths and won a lot of games with teams where his talent was marginally better or worse than most of his opponents. You can argue he did not recruit and develop talent well enough in the passing game, but I don't get the arguement that he did want or know how to throw the ball.

Reaction Score
LOL, this is what I mean. What if Maryland comes out throwing all over the place. Minds will be blown.

Then the starting qb will be benched for not following the coach's instructions.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This game is like getting to watch a girlfriend/wife on a first date after a split. And, oh by the way, the person they're going out with is a hot mess to boot. I'm watching out of boredom and curiosity for all the reasons already listed.

Reaction Score
Still waiting for Sha-la-la-la's personal public apology. Hopefully the U is humiliated.

Reaction Score
Given that UConn beat Temple, under Golden, 2 out of 3, with two of the games in Philly, I would suggest that you not let your dislike of Edsall lead you into stupid uses of the English language.

Let's be honest here. One of those wins really wasn't. And if it was it wasn't anything to be proud of. Golden is twice the coach that Randy Gump will ever be.

Oh and Golden did all that with little talent compared to ours.

I'll tak Miami. I don't think those cats are reeling one bit. In fact the second string QB was pushing Harris hard. They are still a potent team.

Reaction Score
Let's be honest here. One of those wins really wasn't. And if it was it wasn't anything to be proud of. Golden is twice the coach that Randy Gump will ever be.

Oh and Golden did all that with little talent compared to ours.

I'll tak Miami. I don't think those cats are reeling one bit. In fact the second string QB was pushing Harris hard. They are still a potent team.
I think you make a good point about Miami's backup QB pushing Harris-I think the u will lose because of their defensive losses, not the absence of a serviceable, but overrated Harris.

As to your point about the win against Temple that "...really wasn't..." IT WAS. The Temple fans like to trot out the ESPN angle that made it unclear if the ball was caught in bounds, but the local NBC feed from a different angle CLEARLY showed the call was correct. There is no shame in winning 2 close games against a hungry, solid Temple team. But, to your point that Golden is better than Edsall-I loved what Edsall did at UCONN but I also have a ton of respect for what Golden has done at Temple so I won't argue that general point.

Reaction Score
Despite the way he left, he is going to bring UCONN alot of publicity tonight. Every time UCONN is mentioned, the recruits will hear our name... and yes, I will pull for Maryland because he is past UCONN. I pull for past husky transfers too.

Reaction Score
Sure didn't feel like a win to me. It's OK to not be pleased when a much lesser opponent takes you to the limit. If Edsall were the Temple coach and Golden vice versa, Golden wins every time.

Didn't Gump want the Miami job too? I guess Golden beat him in that area as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom