Miami at Maryland | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Miami at Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Any bets on Maryland running on the field to O Fortuna or the TMNT theme song?

Reaction Score
Sure didn't feel like a win to me. It's OK to not be pleased when a much lesser opponent takes you to the limit.
I can agree with that. You think Auburn fans are pleased about their win this week? Sure they're relieved, but they're certainly not proud of that W.

Reaction Score
*Gulp*

I'm going to pull for Miami in this one. :D

Reaction Score
*Gulp*

I'm going to pull for Miami in this one. :D

Why? Because of the awkward way FHCRE left the Husky family? Yes, it could have been done more gracefully, but who cares? RE took us from 1-AA to two Big East Championships, a crushing defeat of South Carolina in a bowl game, and then the Fiesta friggin Bowl. Not to mention this is the guy who went to St. Francis Hospital to identify Jazz's body, then called Jazz's mom to break the news, then put his arm around a crying Desi Cullen to hold a news conference. And the team rallied around him.

Randy Edsall is a stand-up honest guy who lives his life in a no bull- way. I hope Maryland dominates the ACC the same way I hope UConn dominates the Big East under HCPP. And I'll be proud of both of them.

Reaction Score
Why? Because of the awkward way FHCRE left the Husky family? Yes, it could have been done more gracefully, but who cares? RE took us from 1-AA to two Big East Championships, a crushing defeat of South Carolina in a bowl game, and then the Fiesta friggin Bowl. Not to mention this is the guy who went to St. Francis Hospital to identify Jazz's body, then called Jazz's mom to break the news, then put his arm around a crying Desi Cullen to hold a news conference. And the team rallied around him.

Randy Edsall is a stand-up honest guy who lives his life in a no bull- way. I hope Maryland dominates the ACC the same way I hope UConn dominates the Big East under HCPP. And I'll be proud of both of them.

What he said!

Reaction Score
LOL, this is what I mean. What if Maryland comes out throwing all over the place. Minds will be blown.

i don't know why anyone would be surprised. we threw all the time when we had a qb that could, you know, throw?!

i am not a huge Edsall fan but i think he gets a bad rap for gameplanning. he played to his strengths. we didn't have the gamebreakers to play the video game style most of you wish we played. the bend but don't break defense and pound and don't turn the ball over is exactly what our teams should have used. the guys who think we had these underutilized game breakers are delusional.

but, with that said, i hope Miami smokes them

Reaction Score

Jeez, Bezzz. I don't think you are going to find anyone who who refutes anything you wrote.

You will find people like me who say Randy is not a great football coach, dating back to his stint as D-Coordinator of the worst D in the ACC and continuing through his .500 days as UConn's coach. Last year he was as good as Stewart and The Stash. The classless way he left UConn and then called out Don Brown's daughter to the media after he left for UConn says a lot about who he is.

I'll be rooting for Miami because I really like Al Golden and think he is a great coach. BL and others can point to his record against Edsall, but I believe he owned Edsall, and did more with less than nearly anyone else. We'll see what happens tonight.

Reaction Score
Jeez, Bezzz. I don't think you are going to find anyone who who refutes anything you wrote.

You will find people like me who say Randy is not a great football coach, dating back to his stint as D-Coordinator of the worst D in the ACC and continuing through his .500 days as UConn's coach. Last year he was as good as Stewart and The Stash. The classless way he left UConn and then called out Don Brown's daughter to the media after he left for UConn says a lot about who he is.

I'll be rooting for Miami because I really like Al Golden and think he is a great coach. BL and others can point to his record against Edsall, but I believe he owned Edsall, and did more with less than nearly anyone else. We'll see what happens tonight.

Fair enough. Weather looks pretty dicey...could be a lightning delay type of night.

Reaction Score

No, it's only because, they're (Miami) one of the teams I follow outside of UConn, there's no doubt that I will continue to respect and admire what HCRE did for us and UConn as a whole, which is an excellent accomplishment and will never be forgotten. The guy was tough and I do wish big things for him, at Maryland.

Reaction Score

The manner of Edsall's departure has colored your satisfaction on the accomplishments of the program and your regards of his ability as a coach.

Reaction Score
The manner of Edsall's departure has colored your satisfaction on the accomplishments of the program and your regards of his ability as a coach.

What he said.

Reaction Score

Not true. First, I separate the accomplishments of the program from the accomplishments of the coach. The program is bigger than any one person. Second, I was a supporter for a long time, silent for a while, but first spoke out around the WVU game. I have cut the numbers many times in my defense, but if you look at them it becomes pretty clear, without emotion.

But to your point, the manner in which he left, and the aftermath, gives me the motivation to speak out when apologists want to rant.

Reaction Score
Randy proved to be a zero class . The way he left, the way he called out Don Brown's daughter, I lost any respect I had for him as a person and therefore will not wish him ANY success at Maryland. I hope they lose every game and he gets fired in a year.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
...the way he called out Don Brown's daughter
Did I miss that? What was the story?

Anyhow, my feelings on the matter are not that strong one way or another. But I did find it humorous that the tune playing on the loudspeakers while Heather Cox was interviewing FHCRE was... duck* You by Cee-Lo Green.

Reaction Score
I thought this tweet was funny:
RT @Mengus22 I know Miami is shorthanded, but, don't underestimate Randy Edsall's ability to have a team utterly unprepared for a September game.

Reaction Score
Basically he said during a press conference after Brown was hired here, that one of the reasons Brown left was because his daughter (who is like 19) is pregnant and they're from CT.

Reaction Score
Randy proved to be a zero class . The way he left, the way he called out Don Brown's daughter, I lost any respect I had for him as a person and therefore will not wish him ANY success at Maryland. I hope they lose every game and he gets fired in a year.

But he cannot be worse than Sha-la-la-la Clinton Do-Nothing.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Yeah, that was funny Jungle.

Mark May continues to bad-mouth us. God I hate him.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Wow they ditched the unis they had on in warm ups for some crazy World League of American Football type stuff.

Reaction Score
Not true. First, I separate the accomplishments of the program from the accomplishments of the coach. The program is bigger than any one person. Second, I was a supporter for a long time, silent for a while, but first spoke out around the WVU game. I have cut the numbers many times in my defense, but if you look at them it becomes pretty clear, without emotion.

But to your point, the manner in which he left, and the aftermath, gives me the motivation to speak out when apologists want to rant.

You were a supporter , thats why I took pause. Too bad how it went down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom