Mets. Giants. Knicks. Rangers. UConn. Which is a .500 team first? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mets. Giants. Knicks. Rangers. UConn. Which is a .500 team first?

Reaction Score
Lol you're the biggest wuss on this board. Get some thicker skin you old goat

Thick skin lol You’re hilarious I’d kick your ass no matter how old you are. You can tell by all your posts you’re a typical pink wearing Ellsbury armband from 2004 “Boston” fan. Hammering on a Whaler fan who was just trying to have some fun and you call him a loser? Biggest one here You it’s not close. You’re lucky if your own friend even actually likes you you’re such a . No fun at a party for sure if you’re even invited ever.

Reaction Score
I'm a fan of all of those teams, except for the Mets (Yankees fan).

I'd go UConn or Rangers. Both teams are in similar points of their trajectory where they have exciting new coaches and a promising outlook after the following season.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
As a long time fan of NY teams, especially the older ones, I'm still saying UConn. You wouldn't have had to change much to make last season >.500.

Full health and it’s probably a lock.

Problem is the major injury from last year is gone anyway.

If it’s not UConn, and the Knickw don’t get Durant...I’m not sure who the correct answer will me. Might be 2020 UConn....

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I would love to say Knicks but I know full well they'll botch up this summer. So I'll go with UConn simply because of wishful thinking and because of my strong distaste for every other team listed.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That you have to put them down in order to assuage your own inferiority to the Yankees typifies the Sox fan, though, no?

Nah. It was meant as more of an observation (and an attempt at humor). I'm not singling out the Mets or their fans. The A's, Jets, White Sox, Angels, the new "LA Chargers", Clippers, Islanders, all suffer from a similar status as second fiddle teams in their own markets. They don't seem to escape that status despite some success, especially the A's. The Raiders will be in Vegas soon and escape that fate.

I'm pretty content with the Red Sox since I've been a fan (about 1972). I believe they are behind only the Yankees in wins over that period, went to six World Series and won four. I'm perfectly ok with that. Yankees have better results in that span, no question (although not so much lately).

Reaction Score
Nah. It was meant as more of an observation (and an attempt at humor). I'm not singling out the Mets or their fans. The A's, Jets, White Sox, Angels, the new "LA Chargers", Clippers, Islanders, all suffer from a similar status as second fiddle teams in their own markets. They don't seem to escape that status despite some success, especially the A's. The Raiders will be in Vegas soon and escape that fate.

I'm pretty content with the Red Sox since I've been a fan (about 1972). I believe they are behind only the Yankees in wins over that period, went to six World Series and won four. I'm perfectly ok with that. Yankees have better results in that span, no question (although not so much lately).

Yanks fans would like to have some of the more recent success as the Sox though so you aren't far away. The success in the late 70's and then the 90's/00's has been great as far as playoffs and wins in the post season, but not necessarily championships. The ability to close out really good seasons has been impressive by the Sox despite make not having as much playoff consistency.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Mets. Too much talent on the team not to turn this around. I think they will finish the season above 500.
What do I win?

Reaction Score
Mets, Giants, Rangers, UConn, AC Milan, Hornets

All of my teams are in rebuild mode

Reaction Score
The Rangers first game tonight was great, especially for the new guys. Trouba with a goal and two assists, and Panarin added a goal and an assist. The defense definitely couldve made Lundqvists life a lot easier though, Winnipeg had close to 50 SOG. Lookin forward to watchin the blueshirts this year.

Reaction Score
Taking a look back at this thread, as predicted UConn was the first team to be above .500 but how about the New York Rangers? Man does this team have a bright future, theyre the youngest team in the league and have been on a tear since the all star break. Mikas 5 goal performance the other night was one of the most breathtaking performances ive ever seen! Couldnt be more excited for the future for the Blueshirts and Huskies!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Taking a look back at this thread, as predicted UConn was the first team to be above .500
No, the Mets were—as I predicted.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom