Mets. Giants. Knicks. Rangers. UConn. Which is a .500 team first? | The Boneyard

Mets. Giants. Knicks. Rangers. UConn. Which is a .500 team first?

Reaction Score
My beloved Mets were just swept by an awful Marlins team. They've gotten exactly three hits and zero runs combined the last two days. Which begs the question, which one of my favorite teams will finish a season with a .500 record first? I can only hope it happens before 2021.

Reaction Score
As a Rangers fan, I love their future outlook. Getting the number 2 pick this year was huge as they are guaranteed to get Hughes or Kakko, who both seem like generational players. They have a good young coach in Quinn, and now with the addition of John Davidson as President, I like their front office. They have some good young players including a stud goalie coming over next season from Russia, and they have over 40 million of cap space.

That being said, UConn has the best chance for next season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As a Rangers fan, I love their future outlook. Getting the number 2 pick this year was huge as they are guaranteed to get Hughes or Kakko, who both seem like generational players. They have a good young coaching in Quinn, and now with the addition of John Davidson as President, I like their front office. They have some good young players including a stud goalie coming over next season from Russia, and they have over 40 million of cap space.

That being said, UConn has the best chance for next season.
I think and hope you're right. And since they both finish the regular season around the same time, it could happen the same week. Either way, something's got to give. I can't remember all my teams sucking this much at the same time.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Dislike all those teams but UConn. UConn men’s basketball will be well over .500 next year. Since they finish the season before the Knicks, it’s the Mets or Giants. Doubt the Giants break .500 but they could be even at 8-8. Mets...most irrelevant baseball team there is. Who cares?

Reaction Score
I think and hope you're right. And since they both finish the regular season around the same time, it could happen the same week. Either way, something's got to give. I can't remember all my teams sucking this much at the same time.
It's been a tough stretch for sure but I would be shocked if UConn isn't above .500 next season.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Dislike all those teams but UConn. UConn men’s basketball will be well over .500 next year. Since they finish the season before the Knicks, it’s the Mets or Giants. Doubt the Giants break .500 but they could be even at 8-8. Mets...most irrelevant baseball team there is. Who cares?
Well it sounds like you care enough to dislike the Mets, which means they are not irrelevant to you.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

Regarding the Mets, spoken like a true Bosox fan who still hasn't gotten over Billy Buckner's croquet play.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Well it sounds like you care enough to dislike the Mets, which means they are not irrelevant to you.

My dislike if from 1986. Haven’t cared about them since. They are so utterly overshadowed in NY. Even the Jets may be more relevant.

Edit: @UConnNick I’m long over it. Certainly wouldn’t want to trade places with a Mets fan. From then until now.

Reaction Score
Sadly, I’m a fan of ALL those teams. I would wait to see what the Knicks do this off-season. The only one I feel confident is going in the right direction is the Rangers. I hope JD doesn’t try to win now, like Brodie & the Mets. UConn has too many question marks.

Reaction Score
My dislike if from 1986. Haven’t cared about them since. They are so utterly overshadowed in NY. Even the Jets may be more relevant.

Edit: @UConnNick I’m long over it. Certainly wouldn’t want to trade places with a Mets fan. From then until now.
Sox fan here and this is a bad take. If the Mets were so irrelevant than why does everyone (Yankee fans) make fun of them? People wouldn't care if they were irrelevant. They have tons of fans and we share a common hatred for the Yanks so they're fine with me.

Reaction Score
Sox fan here and this is a bad take. If the Mets were so irrelevant than why does everyone (Yankee fans) make fun of them? People wouldn't care if they were irrelevant. They have tons of fans and we share a common hatred for the Yanks so they're fine with me.

Yanks weren’t on this thread so it would only be a jealous Sox creep who would even bother. Just a few more and your guys will be almost as relevant as the Yanks.

Oh answer the Mets this year if not the GMen. Huskies will too just not first.

Reaction Score
Mets. Too much talent on the team not to turn this around. I think they will finish the season above 500.
Every time I think that they go on a run like this. It's odd
I care. I'm a Mets fan. Can't help it, no matter how much they tempt me.

Reaction Score

You clearly aren't over it. And I would root for the Sox against any team but the Mets. Hate Yankmees.

Reaction Score
Yanks weren’t on this thread so it would only be a jealous Sox creep who would even bother. Just a few more and your guys will be almost as relevant as the Yanks.

Oh answer the Mets this year if not the GMen. Huskies will too just not first.
Lol you're the biggest wuss on this board. Get some thicker skin you old goat

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
You clearly aren't over it. And I would root for the Sox against any team but the Mets. Hate Yankmees.

Grew up in CT, in my life I’ve met 3 Mets fans. Like the Jets to the Giants they are an afterthought in their own market. I hate the Yankees. I don’t hate the Mets.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Grew up in CT, in my life I’ve met 3 Mets fans. Like the Jets to the Giants they are an afterthought in their own market. I hate the Yankees. I don’t hate the Mets.
That you have to put them down in order to assuage your own inferiority to the Yankees typifies the Sox fan, though, no?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom