Mets 2020 thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mets 2020 thread

Curiouser
Reaction Score
At the end of his career, they're going to show the numbers deGrom "could" have had when he gave 6+ IP with 0 or 1 runs allowed and it's going to make me puke. With even below average run support, he's looking at one of most dominant runs of our generation.
I've been saying it for years: We don't deserve him.

I think I actually like him better than I like the Mets. Seeing how poorly the team performs for him time and time again makes me irrationally angry. It's not *just* the offensive droughts; our defense is terrible.

All that said, I was mixed on whose fault it was for that second run last night. It looked like Nimmo was out of position to get the ball that put the runner on, but then they said that deGrom asked the OF to play shallow to prevent bloopers, and he said he would take the blame if they hit it long. And then the two WPs, at least the first of which was probably on Jake--but then again, I think it was Rivera's first time catching him, and he didn't seem ready to react like he should have. Jake seemed pretty pissed, but he was getting hit pretty hard, too, despite throwing some serious heat.

Fingers crossed for Matz tonight.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Gotta say I am impressed with how quickly the Mets have gotten into mid-season suckage form.

One week in and I am already thoroughly disgusted with them and debating whether to waste my time watching. If not for Keith, Ron and Gary I would probably have given up already.

Reaction Score
I was thinking he thought they had a night game so he’s on the golf course.

Reaction Score
I thought they were home. So this really is a strange situation. I hope he’s okay.

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
At the end of his career, they're going to show the numbers deGrom "could" have had when he gave 6+ IP with 0 or 1 runs allowed and it's going to make me puke. With even below average run support, he's looking at one of most dominant runs of our generation.
i admittedly hate the Mets but can't help but admire DeGromm. he is easily the best in the game. McNeil is another Met i would love to have - you just can't get that guy out.

Reaction Score
I have no problems with a player opting out especially now but there has to be a better way to do it than how Cespedes did it.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Cespedes opting out for the season.

What a joke.

Can't imagine anyone touching him in Free Agency. Rumor has it that he was pissed at the mets about playing time, position in lineup not allowing him to meet performance metrics

Hope he enjoys his ranch

Reaction Score
Can't imagine anyone touching him in Free Agency. Rumor has it that he was pissed at the mets about playing time, position in lineup not allowing him to meet performance metrics

Hope he enjoys his ranch

I will say. I saw he was batting sixth the other day and thought that was pretty low for him. Apparently he didn’t care for that.

He signed a 110m contract. He didn’t play for two years. And now opts out here in a contract year. I wonder how many millions he’s thrown away?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I have no problems with a player opting out especially now but there has to be a better way to do it than how Cespedes did it.

That’s the point.

To paraphrase Chico Esquela, the Mets have been berry, berry good to Cespedes. Unless there is more to the story, this seems pretty disrespectful, to put it mildly.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
He signed a 110m contract. He didn’t play for two years. And now opts out here in a contract year. I wonder how many millions he’s thrown away?

In opting out, Céspedes is leaving money on the table. His pro-rated base salary for the season was $4.07 million, and he could have earned up to a total of $7.41 million with incentives tied to plate appearances. Through 10 games, Céspedes was on pace for 204 plate appearances and to earn $6.67 million this season, hitting all but the two highest-level incentives in his reworked contract. By opting out, he’ll earn about one-sixth of that initial base salary.

A source told The Athletic that Céspedes’ mother, who is in the United States, is ill, and his calculations for playing this season had changed given the outbreaks with other teams.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Thank you Jake for making it worth watching tonight. Seeing how pissed he was for giving up those runs was probably my favorite part.

And thank you Mets for giving the man some run support for once.

Reaction Score
Thank you Jake for making it worth watching tonight. Seeing how pissed he was for giving up those runs was probably my favorite part.

And thank you Mets for giving the man some run support for once.

Saw this.....

Since 2018, deGrom is 21-17 in 66 starts. If he got 4 runs per game in support, he'd be 59-3 with 4 no decisions. Also, when he has a 4 run lead, he's 30-1 in his career.

Unfortunately, the Mets are 89-80 in his career starts.

Reaction Score
I'm just glad that Dominic Smith will get everyday at bats, he's deserved them for a long time. I think once Stroman is back and they sort out the back end of the rotation this team can make a run. Of course now Cano, McNeil, AND Rosario are banged up so that doesn't help.

I think the bullpen will work itself out, Lugo will handle the lions share of the important outs.

deGrom just deserves so much better, that's the most frustrating piece of his career.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Stroman opting out now. He's a free agent at the end of the season, so he'll never throw another pitch for us.

Reaction Score
Stroman opting out now. He's a free agent at the end of the season, so he'll never throw another pitch for us.

He’s injured anyways and Mets aren’t going anywhere.

Reaction Score
He’s injured anyways and Mets aren’t going anywhere.
He was coming back to the rotation this week, and the Mets are currently in a playoff spot. It's a big loss

Curiouser
Reaction Score
He was coming back to the rotation this week, and the Mets are currently in a playoff spot. It's a big loss
This^

Our starting rotation was supposed to be our strength. Now it looks like we have only one legit starter.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Matz is simply not a quality starter.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Two positives:

Giminez

Piping in the crowd “Wilson” Phish cheer for Wilson Ramos’s at bats

Reaction Score
Two positives:

Giminez

Piping in the crowd “Wilson” Phish cheer for Wilson Ramos’s at bats

I was just coming here to post about Giminez. Do you think we could slide Rosario to 3B? Pete-McNeil-Giminez-Rosario???

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom