Metrics (3/5) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Metrics (3/5)

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Again, if we play 7/11 OOC games against high-major programs instead of 5/11, one of the two additional P5 programs would probably be top 50-75 NET at least. Gives us more room for error. Playing Syracuse, Pitt, or BC home and home is a lot better than Stonehill and Delaware State at home, and we can still get 16 home games for contractual purposes. I'm not saying we need to play a murderer's row of 7 P5 opponents but if 3 are top-20 and the rest are filtered throughout the top-150, we will be fine. Also, we should be playing more of the top half of the Ivy league. Recognizable opponents that we should beat at home from a middle of the pack Division 1 league.
I'm remembering your recent, "I've been screaming this all year" post about the OOC, and a comment that pushed back by criticizing your repetitiveness.

I was tempted to add that sometimes people are turned off by "screaming," in addition to repetitiveness. I had a couple of other snarky things to add, but decided that it wouldn't really add to the overall discussion. I'm glad I held off.

Your comment that I've quoted above lines up well with what I wanted to convey. Why? Because it has substance and particulars.

A home & home with a former Big East rival and/or an Ivy opponent actually sound like attractive games for hosting or visiting. I have some similar thoughts about other CT D-1 schools, one-time Yankee Conference foes. I sense that they could be good draws and, judiciously-chose, improve the SOS, and leave room for an HBCU and a game or two during which there'd still be room to try stuff out.

I don't know if my ideas are plausible or why they wouldn't be if not. That's not my main point. I'm more interested in conveying that up until now, I read your comments as a combination of incessant whining without helpful information and after-the-fact "told you so" boasting. Those would be reason enough for many to tune you out. If you're smart enough to know how things could be better scheduled, you ought to be smart enough to give this constructive criticism a fair reading and consideration.

Reaction Score
Marquette game could be more important because they are also in the 3 line mix. If we beat them, especially if the margin is significant, not only are we adding a Q1A win, but also potentially jumping them (won 2/3 against them). Basically, I think we beat them we get a 3 seed, if we lose to Providence or them, I think we get a 4. I'm still team "probably can't get a 2 without a lot of help."
1. beat marquette on friday
2. tenn loses on thursday or friday

those 2 results will increase our shot at a 3 seed more than any other

Reaction Score
Lunardi has us as a #4 seed with Houston. wtf

In MSG, sure. But that's a pretty unfavorable Sweet 16 draw.

Reaction Score

The only thing unfavorable is the team that has to play UConn.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Lunardi is a moron. Not many people worse at this than he is. He is going to push the ESPN properties. He has ACC with 5 SEC with 8. There's no way those two conferences deserve that many bids.

Reaction Score
Jerry Palm has an updated bracket with UConn as a 3 seed. He has Marquette as the #2 seed. Pretty clear that it UConn or Marquette win the BE that team has a good opportunity for 2 seed with Marquette being a lock for a 2 seed. Too bad UConn/Marquette will meet in the semis instead of the final. The way I see it:

Lose to PC - low 4 seed
Lose to Marquette in semis - low 3 seed
Lose in finals - high 3 seed
Win BE - 2 seed.

Reaction Score
Jerry Palm has an updated bracket with UConn as a 3 seed. He has Marquette as the #2 seed. Pretty clear that it UConn or Marquette win the BE that team has a good opportunity for 2 seed with Marquette being a lock for a 2 seed. Too bad UConn/Marquette will meet in the semis instead of the final. The way I see it:

Lose to PC - low 4 seed
Lose to Marquette in semis - low 3 seed
Lose in finals - high 3 seed
Win BE - 2 seed.

I think the at large teams and field will be set way before Saturday. We are probably locked into a 3-seed regardless is my prediction.

Reaction Score
Every bracket in the Bracket Matrix has us as a 3 or a 4... with one 2 from a more mathematical model. The older entries pretty much all have 4s, whereas the newer ones are much more split, closer to 50/50.

Reaction Score
We lost to the Big East officials, how does that impact our seeding?

Reaction Score
I think the at large teams and field will be set way before Saturday. We are probably locked into a 3-seed regardless is my prediction.
I’d be perfectly fine with that!

Reaction Score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they overhaul the whole selection process 3-4 years ago? That's why I'm skeptical that any of the bracket forecasters are accurate. Due to the pandemic this is essentially only the second season under the new rules, meaning whatever models people are using to project this stuff are based on the committee's interpretation of exactly one season's worth of data.

And if you do base your projection on last year, UConn would be a 2-seed.

Reaction Score
Pull down the pants.
1678807459362.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24