Met "Ice" Brady Tonight. Saw Her Score 41pts, Including the 1000th of Her Career. Oh, and EricLA and GoldenHusky Were There, Too. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Met "Ice" Brady Tonight. Saw Her Score 41pts, Including the 1000th of Her Career. Oh, and EricLA and GoldenHusky Were There, Too.

Reaction Score
Apparently she's grown an inch since you guys saw her. :rolleyes:
Some places list her as 6'4... ESPN lists her at 6'3"... I'll take her word for it.... that's she's 6'3"... plus if you look at the pic in my initial post, I'm only 6'... with thick soled shoes in this pic.. she is only a couple inches taller than me.... so no way 6'4"

Reaction Score
Ice looked great. She makes layups with either hand (making layups in a rare skill at UConn these days!). She stays vertical when she blocks shots. She scored 41 in what was a playoff game (though the other team was definitely overmatched). She was 3 for 7 from beyond the arc, had more than 20 rebounds and 4 or 5 blocks. She handles the ball pretty well, too. Hard to believe she is only a sophomore. Met her grandma and her dad, and they said she is still growing! She's 6'3" now... hope she gets to 6'5 or more.
She is also a super nice young lady who is thrilled to be going to UConn. She was excited to see that UConn fans had come to see her play. I just wish we didn't have to wait so long to see her in blue and white!
Got to meet EricaLa and GoldenHusky, too. Great evening!
I'm on the right in the pic... EricLA on the left. Golden Husky had to leave...
Really nice that you guys were able to meet. Thank you for the the excellent reports and nice picture. You guys look like you could still play some ball !

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Ice will be at Storrs for the 2022-23 Season.

Next year’s class is 6’ superstar pg Paige Bueckers from MN, Croatian pro pg, 5’10” Nika Muhl, Canadian National team F Aaliyah Edwards, super athletic MD W, 5’11” Mir McClean and an athletic Big with a great upside, 6’5” Piath Gabriel.

The Class of 2021 commits are 6’2”sharpshooting W/F Saylor Poffenbarger (17) from Middletown HS in MD and versatile 6’5” F Amari DeBerry (5) from Williamsville South HS in NY. We are all waiting for the decision of 5’11” G Azzi Fudd (1) who is good friends with Paige Bueckers.

As for being around to watch these kids, you shouldn’t worry. I have it on good authority that grumpy olddogs live forever. ;)
I would add a little info and modify a little, for the newcomers:

Aaliyah Edwards is about 6'3".

I would call Saylor more "do-everything" rather than "sharpshooter," at least after seeing her go 0-4 from the arc on Friday. But she was 2 steals away from a QUADRUPLE-DOUBLE. She does have range on her 3-pointer, easily 25'.

Azzi Fudd is already a world-class shooter and has beaten all the teenage girls AND teenage boys at Stef Curry's camp the past 2 years. She lost only to Steph.

It is a very impressive list. I would love to get Azzi and 1-2 more in 2021 and 2-3 to add to Ice for 2022.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Ice will be at Storrs for the 2022-23 Season.

Next year’s class is 6’ superstar pg Paige Bueckers from MN, Croatian pro pg, 5’10” Nika Muhl, Canadian National team F Aaliyah Edwards, super athletic MD W, 5’11” Mir McClean and an athletic Big with a great upside, 6’5” Piath Gabriel.

The Class of 2021 commits are 6’2”sharpshooting W/F Saylor Poffenbarger (17) from Middletown HS in MD and versatile 6’5” F Amari DeBerry (5) from Williamsville South HS in NY. We are all waiting for the decision of 5’11” G Azzi Fudd (1) who is good friends with Paige Bueckers.

As for being around to watch these kids, you shouldn’t worry. I have it on good authority that grumpy olddogs live forever. ;)
I could not let this pass. Why did you not list Edwards height for;) veryolddog?

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Thx! It was really great to meet you - it's far too infrequent that we get to meet other BY'ers and put a face to the online name. Their next game is Wednesday - can't get down for that, but if they win, I think the finals are on Saturday next, and that would be doable. Maybe we can get @ochoopsfan and the other @CT2SanDiego to join us and @CTtoSanDiego!
A championship game, most likely vs La Jolla Country Day, would be Saturday at 5.30pm at Rimac Arena on the campus of UCSD, in La Jolla.
As of now I can make that.
Note that the week after there are State Playoffs and depending on seeding Cathedral Catholic HS could be playing a team from the LA/OC area the following week.

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
I need your optimism pill. Getting to the end of this season is goal number one. Whenever my car dealer asks if I want an extended warranty, I call my doctor first.

MY father-in-law bought his last car at age 93 and insisted on getting the extended warranty!
But he was right: made it to 103 before cashing in. And never missed a UConn women's televised game; same with his wife who died one month short of her 100th birthday. One of her prize possessions was an autographed photo of "her" Geno.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
MY father-in-law bought his last car at age 93 and insisted on getting the extended warranty!
But he was right: made it to 103 before cashing in. And never missed a UConn women's televised game; same with his wife who died one month short of her 100th birthday. One of her prize possessions was an autographed photo of "her" Geno.
Wow. How was his driving?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
A championship game, most likely vs La Jolla Country Day, would be Saturday at 5.30pm at Rimac Arena on the campus of UCSD, in La Jolla.
As of now I can make that.
Note that the week after there are State Playoffs and depending on seeding Cathedral Catholic HS could be playing a team from the LA/OC area the following week.
First they need to win the semifinals against the 2 seed on Wednesday. Cathedral Catholic is the 3 seed. La Jolla has Te-hina PaoPao on the team - a top 35 recruit (senior) heading to Oregon. Many feel she's MUCH better than that ranking.

Would be an interesting rematch. CC lost in overtime on a last second shot. The head coach is itching to play they again (as is Ice). She's got a competitive streak that I like a lot!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So I had some trouble with the pictures - had to get the mods to assist. She came out AFTER the game wearing UCONN gear and then I noticed her crocs. HAD to get a picture. She not only has her name on them in decals, but also has UCONN husky decal too. Kid LOVES UCONN. I thought it was adorable.

Ice crocs.jpg

Reaction Score
First they need to win the semifinals against the 2 seed on Wednesday. Cathedral Catholic is the 3 seed. La Jolla has Te-hina PaoPao on the team - a top 35 recruit (senior) heading to Oregon. Many feel she's MUCH better than that ranking.

Would be an interesting rematch. CC lost in overtime on a last second shot. The head coach is itching to play they again (as is Ice). She's got a competitive streak that I like a lot!!
no, the #7 seed beat the #2 seed on Saturday... So CC is playing #7 Christian on Wednesday.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm no hoops expert, but her shooting form is VERY good. The only pic I took during the game was of her shooting a free throw. Very soft touch on shooting, great arc, and consistent form on both FT's and 3 point shots.

ft.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So I had some trouble with the pictures - had to get the mods to assist. She came out AFTER the game wearing UCONN gear and then I noticed her crocs. HAD to get a picture. She not only has her name on them in decals, but also has UCONN husky decal too. Kid LOVES UCONN. I thought it was adorable.

View attachment 51173
Sorry, but your post is a Croc. :D

Reaction Score
Everything in these posts have been great - thanks!

Putting on my moderator hat; Everyone that goes to see future Huskies play needs to remember that the young women are technically still recruits. The NCAA doesn’t recognize oral commitments so all UConn coaches and fans are still restricted by all regulations regarding contact with recruits. Please be aware that you can hurt our Huskies if you violate any of the NCAA rules, even inadvertently. Please see the link below.

Don't play with fire!

Reaction Score
This kid is going to be an absolute BEAST at UConn! Her relentlessness on the boards and her willingness to mix it up and bang in the paint is just so refreshing, we have been missing a player like Ice at UConn!

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
I'm no hoops expert, but her shooting form is VERY good. The only pic I took during the game was of her shooting a free throw. Very soft touch on shooting, great arc, and consistent form on both FT's and 3 point shots.

View attachment 51174
You should know, Ms. Brady shoots a free throw jumper. Shades of Hal Greer.

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
Wow. How was his driving?

Well, there were some decisions he made, but when to become a passenger was not his to make after age 94. Though his loyal wife strongly argued that, although he was blind in one eye, he could see fine out of the other.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Well, there were some decisions he made, but when to become a passenger was not his to make after age 94. Though his loyal wife strongly argued that, although he was blind in one eye, he could see fine out of the other.

i
I gave that a “like” because I didn’t know how else to react. A little shudder maybe ;) . I used to think people should be road tested periodically from age 70 on. Approaching mid 70s, I’ve upped it to 85. My eldest granddaughter at 16 has her learners permit, leading me to think the minimum age should be 25. Look out on the roads in the Syracuse area.

Given the fate of some close friends of mine this past year who weren’t much older than I, and some health issues for my wife, I can’t get too excited about kids who might be playing for UConn a few years down the road. Carpe diem.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
@EricLA I forgot about a game I am going to on Saturday and cant make the ICE game in SD.
Will be at Senior Night at Vanguard U
Will have to hope Cathedral plays in State playoffs in SD or OC/LA area.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Her squad advanced tonight with a 63-55 win. For any So Cal people, I'm going to try to attend the game on Saturday vs. La Jolla Country Day. They're the #2 team in the nation who features Te-hina Pao Pao (Oregon recruit) and Breya Cunningham who is a highly touted 2023 recruit. The first time these teams met it was a 3pt shot at the buzzer in triple overtime that won the game for La Jolla Country Day. Hopefully we get another great battle.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom