Message being sent to Brimah? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Message being sent to Brimah?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The problem with not have Brimah in there is we can't contain anyone from getting to the rim. At least with AB those shots get contested.

Yeah he has to because that's all he brings, absolutely nothing else. He had numerous rebounds coming his way and he hardly had a touch never mind an actual rebound. He didn't deserve to play the last minutes which he sat, that's where he belonged.

Reaction Score
Brimah and Phil both have terrible hands. If they could corral defensive rebounds cleanly we could get out and run more oftem.

Reaction Score
Message to Brimah? I don't know what you communicate . . . you're 7 feet tall, act like it.

Reaction Score
Although, it may have also been the thing that got us back in the game.

You may be right but have the presence of mind that after Terrance made both free throws to cut their lead to 1 Brimah should have been inserted for defense. The fact that he wasn't is inexcusable. I get that Ollie was trying to "send a message" but get your head out of your ass and win the game to advance. Even just another game in this tourney without Boat would have been huge for this team.

Reaction Score
You may be right but have the presence of mind that after Terrance made both free throws to cut their lead to 1 Brimah should have been inserted for defense. The fact that he wasn't is inexcusable. I get that Ollie was trying to "send a message" but get your head out of your ass and win the game to advance. Even just another game in this tourney without Boat would have been huge for this team.

Nah at some point he has to let his big guy know it's no longer acceptable to play like he does. And he was out while others helped them come all the way back so why should they come out? If anything get mad at Terrence for leaving McKissic's left hand open to the lane for an easy bucket off the switch. KO was po'd on that one because he nonchalantly played D off the switch and wasn't ready.

AB needs to turn the corner NOW, so this was a lesson he needed to get. Where it goes, who knows but we do know it's now up to him.

Reaction Score
Maybe KO saw enough of bad D from Brimah.

Reaction Score
Nah at some point he has to let his big guy know it's no longer acceptable to play like he does. And he was out while others helped them come all the way back so why should they come out? If anything get mad at Terrence for leaving McKissic's left hand open to the lane for an easy bucket off the switch. KO was po'd on that one because he nonchalantly played D off the switch and wasn't ready.

AB needs to turn the corner NOW, so this was a lesson he needed to get. Where it goes, who knows but we do know it's now up to him.

If this was the NCAA Tourny and not NIT Ollie would be sending no such message and Brimah would have been inserted in the last minute or so for Defense. I get he doesnt rebound and Nolan played better but cmon if this is a meaningful game no way Nolan stays in. They got two easy layups in the last minute. I personally dont care because I dont care about the NIT so let Brimah dwell on this during the off season but if I did care I'd be pissed at Ollie.

Reaction Score
In fairness the "throw it wildly in the general direction of the backboard" is his go-to-move. A travel is his counter.

And honestly, am I the only one who was amazed at how often this approach worked for him (until last night)? Seemed like most games, he would do his back down move and then just turn and throw it up, it'd look like his arms were held down and he just barely got the ball up in the air, yet it would hit front rim, bounce into the backboard, and then go right in. I'm thinking the lucky rolls he kept getting on those made him think he was an allstar at that move.

I remember thinking why are they getting such easy layups right now and where's Brimah since I didn't notice any foul trouble. It didnt matter if we won that game because without Boat the odds of us going all the way were slim to none, but still... I think Ollie made the wrong move there, just tell him no matter what don't throw up that post shot, play defense and grab boards somehow.

Reaction Score
He was probably benched because he put up about 5 air balls. Just sayin'.

Reaction Score
And honestly, am I the only one who was amazed at how often this approach worked for him (until last night)? Seemed like most games, he would do his back down move and then just turn and throw it up, it'd look like his arms were held down and he just barely got the ball up in the air, yet it would hit front rim, bounce into the backboard, and then go right in. I'm thinking the lucky rolls he kept getting on those made him think he was an allstar at that move.

I remember thinking why are they getting such easy layups right now and where's Brimah since I didn't notice any foul trouble. It didnt matter if we won that game because without Boat the odds of us going all the way were slim to none, but still... I think Ollie made the wrong move there, just tell him no matter what don't throw up that post shot, play defense and grab boards somehow.
They were getting easy layups because they were playing crap D on the perimeter. Those who think TSam is a good defender are mistaken.

Reaction Score
They were getting easy layups because they were playing crap D on the perimeter. Those who think TSam is a good defender are mistaken.
Exactly about TSAM. What happened to that guy on defense as he use to come into games and give us a defensive lift with steals playing the man on the ball. I can't remember more than 1-2 steals this year from him this year. I guess with the added minutes of this year his endurance wasn't as good.

Also, I'm not too impressed with TSAM's offense as Arizonia State puts no pressure on the ball and really plays soft. As we saw in the season when he plays aggressive defensive teams like Cincy and SMU he wilts.

As far as AB it was tough not to see him in the game at the end but I totally understand the message KO was sending and since it was the NIT it was like a glorified scrimmage. AB hit the weights big time and work on your footwork.

Reaction Score
Yes, I think he was sending him a message.

Yes, we played our best ball with him on the bench.

Yes, I think we might have won if he used Brimah for a few defensive possessions down the stretch.

It is frankly remarkable how the player we saw the last month on offense averaged almost ten points a game (and throw out his 40 -- that only reduced it by a ppg roughly).

Reaction Score

Our best opportunity to win this game was to have him in for defense during the last possesions. Giving DHam and Purv the opportunity to play another game in this tourney as the lead dogs without boat was squandered at the expense of teaching Brimah a lesson. Was it really worth it

pj

Reaction Score
While the decision hurt this game and its long-term effects are unclear, I'm happy to see KO asserting himself. There's no question that demanding more from the players, at the cost of short-term success, was a major part of JC's greatness. It's good to see KO gaining confidence as a coach and taking similar steps.

Reaction Score
Ollie really waanted this season over. He has eight projects and two players maybe.
I See three players next year. Jalen Adams is going to be special, I seen him play at Connecticut College.

Reaction Score
Our best opportunity to win this game was to have him in for defense during the last possesions. Giving DHam and Purv the opportunity to play another game in this tourney as the lead dogs without boat was squandered at the expense of teaching Brimah a lesson. Was it really worth it

Yes it was. it's the NIT not the NCAA. If he figures it out that he's expendable when being a crappy player then it's really worth it. Problem is I'm not sure he will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom