Merrimack Upgrading to DI (FCS) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Merrimack Upgrading to DI (FCS)

Reaction Score
@CCSU97 I am an advocate for CT State. Been saying it for years!

Their football team has turned the corner in the conference. They’ve been getting $ games the last 2 years vs Cuse and Ball State. I hope they are investing into their football program with Ross as HC. They need to keep him around and get into the CAA. CCSUfans are a very patient crew. Hope something good comes to New Britain in the next couple of years.

Reaction Score
@CCSU97 I am an advocate for CT State. Been saying it for years!

Their football team has turned the corner in the conference. They’ve been getting $ games the last 2 years vs Cuse and Ball State. I hope they are investing into their football program with Ross as HC. They need to keep him around and get into the CAA. CCSUfans are a very patient crew. Hope something good comes to New Britain in the next couple of years.

We will see. I'm a lot more skeptical ... this football regime can't seem to win FCS non-conference games, the school administration is bleeding athletics dry (dropped M/W golf and 35 schollys), we have less media coverage than we had a decade ago (which was minute), and many fans/students are losing patience with lack of success in the lowly NEC.

There are always small glimmers of hope, but overall we need an huge infusion of cash (unlikely in the current fiscal environment) and wholesale changes in how the university is perceived both in-state and regionally (which no leader has been willing to address). Unfortunately, adding schools like Merrimack isn't helping our image either.

Yes, football has a chance to repeat as NEC champs this year, but is also likely facing a first-round out in the playoffs if they make it. Eastern Michigan is the FBS opponent on next year's schedule, but nothing on the books after that.

Reaction Score
We will see. I'm a lot more skeptical ... this football regime can't seem to win FCS non-conference games, the school administration is bleeding athletics dry (dropped M/W golf and 35 schollys), we have less media coverage than we had a decade ago (which was minute), and many fans/students are losing patience with lack of success in the lowly NEC.

There are always small glimmers of hope, but overall we need an huge infusion of cash (unlikely in the current fiscal environment) and wholesale changes in how the university is perceived both in-state and regionally (which no leader has been willing to address). Unfortunately, adding schools like Merrimack isn't helping our image either.

Yes, football has a chance to repeat as NEC champs this year, but is also likely facing a first-round out in the playoffs if they make it. Eastern Michigan is the FBS opponent on next year's schedule, but nothing on the books after that.

Fingers crossed. They got screwed last year in the FCS playoffs by their own doing. Dolegado starting qb was ticketed for throwing an off campus party (if I recall correctly) and was waived from playing in their first playoff since the 09 Butler bowl game. They lost 14-0 to UNH and should have been a contender. I don’t understand CCSU’s parenting philosophy when it comes to managing their students.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom