Merrimack A Decent Test | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Merrimack A Decent Test

Reaction Score
Division II Merrimack poses a "decent test"? This is really where our program is right now? Sad.

You are more of where this program is now. Come to the BY with only negative things to say or when things aren't good. But because you "expect" them to be good always when they are good, nowhere to be found. You aren't the only one mind you, but it is where the UConn program is to the fans and that sir is very sad.

The guy meant it would be a "test" in comparison to having a bunch of 6'4" kids who can't play but let's take the statement out of context because thats what we do now. SAD

Reaction Score
You are more of where this program is now. Come to the BY with only negative things to say or when things aren't good. But because you "expect" them to be good always when they are good, nowhere to be found. You aren't the only one mind you, but it is where the UConn program is to the fans and that sir is very sad.

The guy meant it would be a "test" in comparison to having a bunch of 6'4" kids who can't play but let's take the statement out of context because thats what we do now. SAD

When exactly have things been good over the past couple of years? Yes. I expect a lot more from this program and I express my displeasure in that. You think just because I am not a "rah rah" type homer means I am not as dedicated a fan as those who are? That sir is SAD!

Reaction Score
Perhaps an unfortunate phrase "a decent test." Actually not meant to be a commentary on the state of the UConn program. Thanks to the several of you who presumed innocence.

No sweat, it was an insightful post that provided more relevant information than the rest of the posts in the thread put together. There are a handful who make that their shtick and then there are others who are simply on their last limbs, which I understand.

Reaction Score
When exactly have things been good over the past couple of years? Yes. I expect a lot more from this program and I express my displeasure in that. You think just because I am not a "rah rah" type homer means I am not as dedicated a fan as those who are? That sir is SAD!

Didn’t say that, it’s because you only express displeasure that makes you sad. But everyone’s different in what they find pleasure in.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
The biggest problem with high expectations is that they set you up for little opportunity to be happy and great potential for disappointment.

(the current Boneyard)

The next biggest problem is that high expectations are rarely realistic. Fans aren't exactly unbiased observers.

I'd rather have minimal expectations and be pleasantly surprised. We're in the AAC anyway, it already can't get much worse.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
The biggest problem with high expectations is that they set you up for little opportunity to be happy and great potential for disappointment.

(the current Boneyard)

The next biggest problem is that high expectations are rarely realistic. Fans aren't exactly unbiased observers.

I'd rather have minimal expectations and be pleasantly surprised. We're in the AAC anyway, it already can't get much worse.
How about just realistic expectations on a year-by-year basis, taking into account conference, injuries, transfers, youth, coaching turnover and the graduation of an all-world leader (Napier).

Reaction Score
Doesn't the words "Merrimack A Decent Test" make you a bit sad. It's not exactly the Russian National Team.
Thats was my first reaction.

I know we have to grow- settle in and work on gaining chemistry. But if we are at a point in our program where a D2 team is a "good test" then we are not in the right place.

I am always hopeful- but feel like we are most definitely DOOMED!!!

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure KO inherited a program. One of the better ones.

My view ... shared by some ... the few years of scholarship losses hurt UConn more than we suspect.

We can all agree that this is a crucial hoop year for us. The changes of Chillious and Killings were bold and timely. That's the change needed. One game - one recruit - a few possessions ... isn't how we should judge the Program. Yes. It needed a rebuild ... as will Syracuse when Boeheim stops picking his nose.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
How about just realistic expectations on a year-by-year basis, taking into account conference, injuries, transfers, youth, coaching turnover and the graduation of an all-world leader (Napier).
That's the problem. Each of our realisms are different. But I bet you and I would have a similar realism.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
The fact that we are even bracing for this game, or calling it a test is an embarrassment. I don't care whether we are in the Big East or AAC or MAAC, or if this is Calhoun's team or Ollie's team. We should scrape the floor with this team, as should most any division 1 program.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The fact that we are even bracing for this game, or calling it a test is an embarrassment. I don't care whether we are in the Big East or AAC or MAAC, or if this is Calhoun's team or Ollie's team. We should scrape the floor with this team, as should most any division 1 program.
OP explained he used incorrect wording.

Bottom line is Merrimack has decent players which should help with UConn's player development.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
OP explained he used incorrect wording.

Bottom line is Merrimack has decent players which should help with UConn's player development.
I understand, I wasn't really aiming that towards the OP, but rather the state of our program, and the fact that we have struggled lately with the likes of Wagner and Chaminade. There are no excuses now, we should be gauging this UConn team, while at the same time destroying teams we should destroy. Unfortunately, this game MIGHT be a test for UConn.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Didn’t say that, it’s because you only express displeasure that makes you sad. But everyone’s different in what they find pleasure in.

Well if he's "sad", you could easily be labeled as delusional & unrealistic. But everyone’s different in what they find pleasure in. Different strokes for different folks.

Reaction Score
Well if he's "sad", you could easily be labeled as delusional & unrealistic. But everyone’s different in what they find pleasure in. Different strokes for different folks.

I could be. But I'm not ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom