Mercury vs. Lynx -- featuring two people you might recognize.... | The Boneyard

Mercury vs. Lynx -- featuring two people you might recognize....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Great photo splash on the Lynx website !!

Game 1: Thursday 9:00 p.m. Eastern on ESPN2

Be there or be square.

lynx-conf-finals-bg-130925.jpg

Much cooler than the 90s-style graphic the Merc have up on their site........ [LINK]

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Should be some matchup. I hope those two go head-to-head.

Does DT have to sit a game if she picks up anotherT? If so, she cannot afford to do that. She is just too valuable.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Are they friends? Just wondering....not on the court, I know, but in life?

D

dakotaboy

Are they friends? Just wondering....not on the court, I know, but in life?

I'm sure they are friends off the court. They were on the national team together, as well as the Olympic team. And lets not forget that Diana and Sue were seen driving Maya around during a campus visit, according to unnamed sources in the SEC... :)

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Lynx up early , 16-10. Whalen in particular showing why she is 1st team WNBA. Just a great, great PG.

Reaction Score
Minnie looks took good for Phx tonight. But I never count out any team that has DT. Whalen ten in first quarter and Moore at least six. ESPN2 for those that want to watch.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
What was Pennel thinking with that lineup to start the 3rd quarter??? What a poor decision that resulted in 6 quick point, letting the lead to balloon to 14.

BG needs to abandon the hook and just turn and shoot her jumper.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Maya being Maya (points aplenty) and Augustus just driving to the rim with a little floater right past BG!!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Phoenix 0-9 from three point range. Enough, enough, enough with the three point shooting. Bonner has already jacked up 5.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
DT does not pass well to BG. She has already looked her off twice in the 3rd quarter

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Phoenix has shot 16 three pointers. They will not beat Minny by shooting that many long range shots. Only ONE Phoenix starter shot 50% from the floor. The other four were a combined 8 of 35 (22.8%).

Phoenix needs a major shake-up in their roster. Please trade Bonner for a PG. Bonner can be good but can be just as bad, like she was tonight. Put her on the bench and play Houston instead.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
But Minnesota sure is good. That team could battle for an Olympic gold medal.

They're a good shooting team, but they just shot lights out tonight. And some of their assists were remarkable. Pretty much a perfect game from Minny right there. I'm sure the Merc will change things up in Game 2....

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Could someone make sure that final scores are posted in these threads. I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Could someone make sure that final scores are posted in these threads. I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance.
Lynx 85-62.

Reaction Score
Quite an embarrassing move by Taurasi when the game was out of hand, first bumping Augustus, then planting a kiss on her cheek. If Taurasi can't be the center of attention with great play, she has to revert to something like that. It's a shame that one of the great players the game has seen should find a need to pull that crap . Seimone should have smacked her.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Quite an embarrassing move by Taurasi when the game was out of hand, first bumping Augustus, then planting a kiss on her cheek. If Taurasi can't be the center of attention with great play, she has to revert to something like that. It's a shame that one of the great players the game has seen should find a need to pull that crap . Seimone should have smacked her.
While it was an odd diversion, I thought the announcers explained it quite well, going back to the photo of DT and Augustus when they were 12? or so. Long time friends. Messing around and being spontaneous. And they "made up" immediately.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Speaking of kisses...Phoenix can kiss their season goodbye on Saturday. There is no way they are going to beat Minny with the gameplan that they used. Phoenix is not a good enough shooter to be taking that many long range shots. If they don't expose Minny in the pain with Griner they will not have a chance of moving on to the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom