Wednesday, Nov. 13 – Semifinals
Hosted by UCF – American Digital Network

Game 3: Winner Game 1 vs. No. 2 SMU – 4:30 p.m. ET
Game 4: Winner Game 2 vs. No. 1 UCF – 7 p.m. ET

Saturday, Nov. 16 – Championship
Hosted by UCF – ESPN3

Game 5: Winner Game 3 vs. Winner Game 4 – 7 p.m. ET

Reaction Score
I agree. RR is notoriously superstitious and dogged in staying with his scholarship players, even freshmen, over any experienced quality non-scholarship players. He has been this way for decades and the team is kept purposely divided! Non-scholarship players should be given a label, to tape over their locker, before the season as a reminder. "Warning: History has held that your chance of playing any meaningful minutes during the season is zero to remote under RR. He also reserves the right to make empty promises on your playing time before games regardless of your success in pre-season, practice, or spring league play!"

Speaking of which, a number of us attended a few spring league matches and that is where we began to really believe in this team's chances. They played with emotion, spirit, skill, and teamwork. They were no longer dependent upon a star player and Jordan Hall's positive energy, fearlessness, and leadership spurred the team forward! To your point, there were also a number of current bench players playing quality minutes and doing well. Where are they? Are they not D1 quality?

We watched UConn dismantle Syracuse 3 to 0 by half time, which was nearly the same SU team that dominated UConn last month, and then watched as their coach made an adjustment of overloading one side of the field. RR just watched and never adjusted, while Syracuse got rolling and scored 5 goals for the win. Several fans got so frustrated they yelled out for RR to do something to stop the bleeding. Only Coach Deeley yelled back, "Relax. We know and are working on it!" Still, nothing was ever done. Opposing coaches know RR will not adjust line-ups, tactics or strategy ever! While, those contributing spring players (assume non-scholarship) are now buried deep on the bench. If RR starts playing non-scholarship players, then the AD may question the coaches' ability to determine talent. A friend is fond of saying, "RR is the last of the Kamikaze pilots!"

Shout out to Robin and Blaise for playing amazingly well versus SMU and keeping the game so close. That game would have been a perfect time to use more subs given it was a throw away - even the announcer was questioning why was RR holding back when SMU had five subs to his two. We are also pleased for the starters with the win over Tulsa, it appeared karma was at work with all those close losses this year, and thrilled to see the senior players get some playing time in their very last home game! All of them deserve credit for their hard work over the years and in dealing with such a frustrating season. RR must be going nuts. He was thrown an undeserved lifeline and given momentum is an unpredictable force, he must be wondering with all those close and unlucky OT conference losses that this team may just surprise their opponents on their second go round. Still, it is so very hard to root for the team knowing any success will be in RR's favor to stay one more year!

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
No score at the half. The play of the match looks to be pretty even up to now.

Reaction Score
USF scores early in the second half, 1-0 lead for the Bulls.

Reaction Score
Since the goal UConn had a couple of good chances to score, but no sustained pressure. However, since the goal USF has had much more possession of the ball, and that is not good. About 18 minutes to go in the second half.

Reaction Score
With about 11 minutes to go, USF gets a red card, so they are playing a man short for the rest of the game.

Reaction Score
It seems that in general, UConn athletics overall has been slowly diminishing. Soccer, hockey, football, basketball (hopefully resurrecting) have all been not so great. Maybe the AD needs to step up and look at all sports to see what needs to be done to turn things around.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Is Ray gone yet?
Just wanted to give you an update. Still there.
Although I share your desire, I've given up hope that it will happen this year. I've bought in to what others have said about him getting at least 1 more year in the new stadium that he donated $ to. So my new hope is that 1 year from now we will be discussing our new coach.

Reaction Score
Just wanted to give you an update. Still there.
Although I share your desire, I've given up hope that it will happen this year. I've bought in to what others have said about him getting at least 1 more year in the new stadium that he donated $ to. So my new hope is that 1 year from now we will be discussing our new coach.

Was the donation amount $250k? That sticks in my mind. Ray's 2016 salary was $317k (ctsunlight.org). It's hard to find comparable soccer coach salaries from other states, but I did track down USF's Robert Butehorn, who in 2018 apparently got paid $135k. So, give Ray back the $$ and hire someone - probably a better someone - and come out ahead during the second year.

Reaction Score
Georgetown wins the NCAA championship over UVA. Funny how these Big East schools keep winning national championships in the sports we used to.
#13 on Georgetown is a Senior from Avon CT. Contrats!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom