Men's 2023 Final Four | The Boneyard

Men's 2023 Final Four

Reaction Score
Never too early to plan.

Next season will my my third MBB tournament time spent in Houston as I split winters here, summers in Westport.

As we all shall surely be interested and Houston is the site.....y'all invited down if/when.............(not touching the money).

Go Huskies!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220402-110727_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220402-110727_Chrome.jpg
    335.5 KB · Views: 246
Reaction Score
I don't understand how MSG is not a host site for any of the games every single year. You'd think they could at least outbid Buffalo for the right to host...

Reaction Score
I’m booking San Antonio 2025.
2004 was the best Final Four I went to. San Antonio is the perfect place for a Final Four. The city is small enough that if you stay downtown you can walk everywhere. And the River Walk was just big enough that there are enough bars and restaurants to handle everyone there. It's a great meeting place for all the fans. With most Final Fours there's no real central place for everyone. We got into it, in a friendly way, with Georgia Tech fans on Friday night and Saturday and it was a great time. And then you're eating lunch or dinner next to familiar media people and head basketball coaches. The weather wasn't as warm as St. Pete but it was in the low 70s, which wasn't bad. You will have a blast. Even better if UConn is there!

New Orleans is my other favorite Final Four destination. Similar reasons, just bigger than San Antonio (the French Quarter is a huge party area).

Curiouser
Reaction Score
2004 was the best Final Four I went to. San Antonio is the perfect place for a Final Four. The city is small enough that if you stay downtown you can walk everywhere. And the River Walk was just big enough that there are enough bars and restaurants to handle everyone there. It's a great meeting place for all the fans. With most Final Fours there's no real central place for everyone. We got into it, in a friendly way, with Georgia Tech fans on Friday night and Saturday and it was a great time. And then you're eating lunch or dinner next to familiar media people and head basketball coaches. The weather wasn't as warm as St. Pete but it was in the low 70s, which wasn't bad. You will have a blast. Even better if UConn is there!

New Orleans is my other favorite Final Four destination. Similar reasons, just bigger than San Antonio (the French Quarter is a huge party area).
Yes, I agree about San Antonio. I went to the St. Pete, San Antonio and Houston FFs and thought San Antonio was by far the best venue of those three.

I’ve been to New Orleans around 20 times but never for a FF. That would be pretty cool, too.

Reaction Score
I don't understand how MSG is not a host site for any of the games every single year. You'd think they could at least outbid Buffalo for the right to host...
MSG is hosting the East regional in 2023. I think they are on a schedule to host a regional every 3-4 years since it went so well the first time they did in 2014. Im surprised it took so long for the NCAA Tournament to come to Madison Square Garden. It’s key to have a good season in the years when MSG hosts a regional so we can get placed in the East. We saw how huge of an advantage that could be for us in 2014.

I also noticed that Vegas is hosting the West regional in 2023. That has to be a first, and Im sure that could be a fun weekend as well.

Reaction Score

I agree 100% regarding San Antonio.

Reaction Score
MSG is hosting the East regional in 2023. I think they are on a schedule to host a regional every 3-4 years since it went so well the first time they did in 2014. Im surprised it took so long for the NCAA Tournament to come to Madison Square Garden. It’s key to have a good season in the years when MSG hosts a regional so we can get placed in the East. We saw how huge of an advantage that could be for us in 2014.

I also noticed that Vegas is hosting the West regional in 2023. That has to be a first, and Im sure that could be a fun weekend as well.
Vegas getting a Final Four would be crazy too. They could do it now that they have the new Raiders stadium

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I’m in New Orleans for the final four. All the Duke fans make me sick.
I talked to some Kansas friends about going but honestly the ticket prices are absurd, and I can’t imagine you can even see the court from the upper decks of the Superdome. I’d rather get a cool Air BnB and watch it with friends while being there for the various others events and general chaos.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I talked to some Kansas friends about going but honestly the ticket prices are absurd, and I can’t imagine you can even see the court from the upper decks of the Superdome. I’d rather get a cool Air BnB and watch it with friends while being there for the various others events and general chaos.
Correct, you can barely see the court from the upper reaches of the stadium. I went in 2003 just because I had tickets and at that time I had never been to New Orleans so I figured let's go and have a good time. When I walked out of the concession area to the 300 level I almost fainted it was so high! The players looked like ants.

I stayed at the same hotel as the CBS crew and got to talk to Jim Nantz. He saw my Uconn shirt, pointed to it and said, "They should be here." Living in Greenwich he was a closet UConn fan and we talked for a couple minutes and agreed they would be there next year. And they were!

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Never too early to plan.

Next season will my my third MBB tournament time spent in Houston as I split winters here, summers in Westport.

As we all shall surely be interested and Houston is the site.....y'all invited down if/when.............(not touching the money).

Go Huskies!
I'm wondering how you picked Houston as your place to winter. We are starting to look at winter residences. We live outside Chicago and the popular destinations are Southwest Fla. Especially Naples and the Phoenix/Scottsdale area. What attracted you to Houston?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Have to admit, if I wasn’t a Kansas fan, Jermaine Samuels would have me pulling for Nova. He’s from the town where I live.

Reaction Score
I'm wondering how you picked Houston as your place to winter. We are starting to look at winter residences. We live outside Chicago and the popular destinations are Southwest Fla. Especially Naples and the Phoenix/Scottsdale area. What attracted you to Houston?
Like the city. Great in winter.

Oh yeah. My daughter (UConn '10), grandkids and good guy son in law live here.

A way out idea would be Galveston. It's not glamorous. The Jersey Shore of TX. You will KNOW you're not in Connecticut anymore. People live there year round. Gulf front...have to try hard to spend 450K. That's sand in toes beach/water front. 1 hour to Houston to get your big city sports, art scene, way underrated food scene. People are friendly.

Transfer residence to TX and there is NO state income tax...and I could use Husky mates for the Tuesday night games as there really aren't any even casual fans here.

Chicago retirees go west coast, NYC and Boston to east FL coast. I like the desert as a visiting spot. Personally wouldn't do 5 months there.

If you care, as with FL and AZ, you are never more than DeChambeau drive away from golf. 12 months open.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Love the early start. Great D. Efficient offense.

Reaction Score
Have to admit, if I wasn’t a Kansas fan, Jermaine Samuels would have me pulling for Nova. He’s from the town where I live.
Hate that town. Lost to them twice deep in the state tournament. Chris Edgehill is a DB. Hate that kid. I hope he's not your son! Lol

Reaction Score
Nova getting a taste of their own medicine for what they did to everyone in 2018 lmao

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom