Memphis | The Boneyard

Memphis

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If Memphis is one of the 25 best teams in the country I weep for the state of the game. They are atrocious. Borderline unwatchable they play so sloppy and undisciplined. They shoot about 15% on non dunks and you can't even count the bad decisions they make.

Reaction Score
If Memphis is one of the 25 best teams in the country I weep for the state of the game. They are atrocious. Borderline unwatchable they play so sloppy and undisciplined. They shoot about 15% on non dunks and you can't even count the bad decisions they make.
They are a bunch of superb athletes who play their a off on defense, but just don't have the offensive skills to go much further than this (they may win this, but they aren't getting past Duke if they do).

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
I was just thinking that they are making Mich st look real good

Reaction Score
Their offensive sets are brutal and that little guard dribbles way too much.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Putting them in the half court offense is just cruel. They have little chance of getting a decent shot and almost no chance of scoring.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
When a player asks Pastner a basketball related question during practice does he make up a response or does he tend to defer to his assistants?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Michigan State is a far superior team. This is a laughable second half so far.

Reaction Score
you look at their schedule and it pretty much bears it out. They lost to VCU, Minnesota, Louisville and Xavier (and probably MSU in this game). They beat everyone else. Their best win among all those other teams were Harvard or Tennessee. So basically Memphis is a solid team that beats who they should and loses to whom they should on paper and in reality.

Reaction Score
To be fair, Michigan State plays great defense. Memphis is an explosive team who attempts to cause other teams to speed up their game and then take advantage with transition buckets. Their athleticism is overwhelming to most teams, but when a team can match their athleticism, they're in trouble.

Still, I wouldn't count them out of this game, or any game they're in. They're a scrappy bunch who have good penetrators and decent shooters. They just don't have anyone down low who can consistently give them points. I'd guess they make another run before this game is over.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Michigan State's defense is so good that Memphis can't make wide open 3's.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If you are watching this game and think Memphis can beat any team with a pulse I don't know what to say. Pastnor may be the worst coach I've ever seen that is mentioned for bigger jobs.

They look like they all met each other 10 days ago.

Reaction Score
Memphis is like a team of Jerome Dysons and Stanley Robinsons. They try to out-athlete everybody, and a smart, well-coached team like Michigan State is eating their lunch.

The fact that Stephens can get 2 feet above the rim doesn't matter when they can't run offense.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Nothing about conference realignment is more depressing than being in a league with Memphis.

Reaction Score
Nothing about conference realignment is more depressing than being in a league with Memphis.

Why so much hate towards Memphis? I hated them as much as anyone when Calipari was there, but see no real reason to now.

Reaction Score
you look at their schedule and it pretty much bears it out. They lost to VCU, Minnesota, Louisville and Xavier (and probably MSU in this game). They beat everyone else. Their best win among all those other teams were Harvard or Tennessee. So basically Memphis is a solid team that beats who they should and loses to whom they should on paper and in reality.

I don't know about you vuce; but I can't stand watching Michigan State play. They win but what they play should be called "push and shove-ball" because it sure as hell ain't basketball. Adrian Payne should be an defensive tackle somewhere not standing anywhere near a basketball court. I have never enjoyed watching Izzo's teams. At least Bo Ryan's teams at Wisconsin have a smattering of finesse and fluidity in their game. State are a bunch of grunts who try to beat you to death with brute strength and win 49-43. Izzo should take a look at what's happening, finally, in Ann Arbor. If there is any basketball worth watching in the State of Michigan that's the place. It ain't even close. Congrats to John Beilein!

GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
So. Mississippi isn't a bad team. They are a level above Tennessee and Harvard. That was Memphis's best game of the year, and they played well.

Reaction Score
Starting next year you can show everyone how easy it is to beat Memphis. They got overmatched today. And the kid is a heck of a recruiter. Talent can hide lots of flaws while he figures it out.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Why so much hate towards Memphis? I hated them as much as anyone when Calipari was there, but see no real reason to now.

Watching them play basketball makes me want to gouge my eyes out. They have no actual basketball skill.

They roll up a big record against laughably bad opposition. The idea they matter to anyone who isn't in the city of Memphis is a joke.

They are disgracefully bad academically and being associated with them should embarrass UConn. That's without even considering their joke of a 'football program'.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Starting next year you can show everyone how easy it is to beat Memphis. They got overmatched today. And the kid is a he kids recruiter. Talent can hide lots of flaws while he figures it out.

Seriously go the duck away. Don't you have Robert Morris tape to scout jacka$$.

Reaction Score
Watching them play basketball makes me want to gouge my eyes out. They have no actual basketball skill.

They roll up a big record against laughably bad opposition. The idea they matter to anyone who isn't in the city of Memphis is a joke.

They are disgracefully bad academically and being associated with them should embarrass UConn. That's without even considering their joke of a 'football program'.

Is this the only game you've watched them play? It's like judging UConn for the South Florida game. This was bad. I've seen them play a couple other times against decent opposition, and they played much better.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Starting next year you can show everyone how easy it is to beat Memphis. They got overmatched today. And the kid is a he kids recruiter. Talent can hide lots of flaws while he figures it out.
I have no clue as to what your third sentence is supposed to mean. That aside, enjoy fighting it out with Seton Hall and DePaul at the bottom of your new conference.

Reaction Score

Well these type of posts are not going to change the fact that we are in a conference with them. For years we were in a conference with likes of Depaul and Seton Hall and PC. I only care about it from the point of how it affects UConn. The only thing that bothers me is that UConn is in a conference that is going to pay them tv dollars compared to our former conference mates. We will see what their conference record looks like going forward.

Reaction Score
I find it ironic that fans of the school that got a postseason ban for academic woes is complaining about academics

Reaction Score
I find it ironic that a fan whose school plays shi-tty basketball chooses to post on a basketball board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom