Memphis Recruiting | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Memphis Recruiting

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
What's interesting about this, is that this could be the new way of recruiting. Sign the best kid and then everyone follows... granted Penny coached many of these kids in AAU and Duke happened to get 1,3,5 in the same class. I'm interested to see if this is a shift in recruiting

Reaction Score
Total speculation, but any chance Harris or Lomax will transfer now with Quinones and Ellis committing? No chance either of these guys will match their minutes total from their freshmen years.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A ton of talent but something tells me this is gonna blow up.

If it was Penny's first year, maybe.
But last year was invaluable, and his team got better throughout - especially when he learned to let the offense go through Martin. I think he has already grown accustomed to using a lot of guys (and Harris and Lomax will still head the B team, like they found themselves doing late last year). Penny now has a very good problem to have.

Reaction Score
Someone on their board said he heard Boogie and Precious would commit by Wednesday. 1 for 2 right now. Also saw a tweet that if they land Precious they’ll be the Vegas favorite. Happy I got them at 60-1

Reaction Score
Boogie makes 7 for the class, do they have any scholarships left? 5 seniors and 2 transfered out. So Memphis is done? Or did I miss something?

Reaction Score
Boogie makes 7 for the class, do they have any scholarships left? 5 seniors and 2 transfered out. So Memphis is done? Or did I miss something?
There's always room for an elite player.

Reaction Score
Someone on their board said he heard Boogie and Precious would commit by Wednesday. 1 for 2 right now. Also saw a tweet that if they land Precious they’ll be the Vegas favorite. Happy I got them at 60-1

Got them at 80-1 a month ago. I should have put more down!

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Memphis following Louisville's model to P5 invitation: cheat like hell but win then apologize (or not) after they start cashing P5 checks.

Reaction Score
So just like that Penny gets 8 stud commits and the best class in the nation, and people think it's just because these kids all love lil' Penny or couldn't pass up the chance to play with Wiseman for a season?
You went after me in another thread for saying top recruits all get paid. So what are you suggesting here? Can’t have it both ways bruh.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
What's interesting about this, is that this could be the new way of recruiting. Sign the best kid and then everyone follows... granted Penny coached many of these kids in AAU and Duke happened to get 1,3,5 in the same class. I'm interested to see if this is a shift in recruiting
Since when is sign a great player and then other great players will follow a new strategy? That has always been a truism.

Reaction Score
You went after me in another thread for saying top recruits all get paid. So what are you suggesting here? Can’t have it both ways bruh.
You said the only reason every top 20 kid chooses college over Europe or the G league is because they get paid more to go to college, I disagree with you.

Reaction Score
You said the only reason every top 20 kid chooses college over Europe or the G league is because they get paid more to go to college, I disagree with you.
and its cool to disagree but, ah, whatever. Anyway, I find the Beilein decision fascinating and was wondering if you thought it was really fueled by the corruption of college hoops. The verdict in the FBI case is only going to make it worse. For some schools, it really is the wild wild west and its very clear whats now going on at Memphis and who is behind it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom