Memphis Postgame Thread | The Boneyard

Memphis Postgame Thread

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Unfortunately, the winter storm took out my power today, so I didn’t see a minute of the game. :( I did listen to it on UConn’s radio feed and it sounded like the Huskies had some fun.

I’m looking forward to the post game discussion on the Boneyard to fill in all the parts I didn’t see.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, the winter storm took out my power today, so I didn’t see a minute of the game. :( I did listen to it on UConn’s radio feed and it sounded like the Huskies had some fun.

I’m looking forward to the post game discussion on the Boneyard to fill in all the parts I didn’t see.

Early in the 4th quarter in the chat room I mentioned you probably had your postgame thread about ready to go. Oh well - we’ll miss your analysis.

Reaction Score
Someone mentioned in the chat that Uconn has announced that Jamelle is taking over for Jasmine Lister for the rest of the season. Anybody saw that announcement? I thought all they have announced was Jamelle is taking over while Jasmine is on a leave of absence, with no mention of any time frame.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Keep in mind that Uconn played Memphis a few short weeks ago and squeaked out a 12 point win. This was quite the turnaround.

Literally every starter and key reserve contributed in big ways. Olivia and Anna both showed they could play with 2 fouls for extended periods of time. Both had 2 early and Q2 and Olivia didn't pick up her 3rd till midway thru Q4. We showed we are at our best with only a 6 player rotation - starting Anna and bringing Aubrey off the bench.

Anna with 11 assists and 4 steals. She had a few TO's, but she seems to be getting better every game. I said it in the chat, and I will continue to say it all summer till November - she will be a starter next year. The 5th spot will come down to Bueckers or Westbrook.

Aubrey - 6 points, 3 blocks, 10 boards. This girl is a baller! I expect a big sophomore leap as she gets more comfortable understanding how our offense works, and develops a mid range jumper. So much upside. Her defense will be elite before she graduates.

Olivia didn't miss a single shot she took. Megan - 26 and 11. But possibly most important - the invasion of the body snatchers who replaced the old Christyn Williams with a new and improved version - 20 points on 7-12 shooting, and 4-6 from deep.

Probably the most impressive thing to me was the sharing of the ball. Anna seemed to be more of the distributor with Danger playing the 2G (till towards the end of the game when Crystal went off with assists) - off the ball. It worked tremendously. Every game i see improvements from Anna with regards to decision making and actual performance. Can't wait to see her next year as she gets her body in better physical shape so it can do what her brain wants it to.

How about Molly with 10 points? She's a really competent defensive player and on any team not in the top 15 or so, would either be a starter, or key reserve. So happy for her when she has a big game like this.

Happy to see Batouly in. It's clear this will be her last year so I hope she goes out with a bang. It's unclear why Kyla went from a starter to a mop-up reserve. I'd love to hear why - not sure the announcers said...

Overall a great game. Excellent tune up. I hope that they bring the same energy, intensity, and determination to Monday's game at SC. GO UCONN!!!

Reaction Score
As in EVERYONE did great. Liv had one of best games, Meg and Crystal not only bounced back but excelled. CD was everywhere. As for Makurat—we’ve got her for three more years. She makes the team move. Those 11 assists were things of beauty but it was some of her passes that led to assists by other players that showed why she’s going to be a great one, especially the stolen ball in traffic under the basket which she immediately “floated” 25 feet, 15 feet high to Molly who fed to I forget who for the basket. Aubrey grabbed 10 boards, second only to Meg’s 11. Christyn hit 4 threes and came away with 20 points. I think everyone agrees it was Liv’s finest outing. Yeah, it’s only Memphis but the ball movement was tremendous.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Just looked at the game stats:
31 Assists on 38 Baskets :):):):):)
They must have read @Tonyc thread!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
They must have read @Tonyc thread!
When TonyC talks, the Huskies listen...:cool:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Just looked at the game stats:

31 Assists on 38 Baskets :):):):):)

I only saw the last 7 minutes myself. It appears they played well. They need to carry this over to Monday.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Someone mentioned in the chat that Uconn has announced that Jamelle is taking over for Jasmine Lister for the rest of the season. Anybody saw that announcement? I thought all they have announced was Jamelle is taking over while Jasmine is on a leave of absence, with no mention of any time frame.
That is what was announced again during the game, that Jamelle is taking over while Jasmine is on leave of absence.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Early in the 4th quarter in the chat room I mentioned you probably had your postgame thread about ready to go. Oh well - we’ll miss your analysis.

OD's post-game thread has become a staple in the BY. When I leave the chatroom, THIS is the first thread I go to. I guess you could say it's the location of the BY post game "after party". Most of us come here to read his analysis of the game, and to share our thoughts and observations. You really started something OD!! :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Correct. Jamelle will be an assistant coach for the rest of the season according to UConn. Love Jamelle so that's great news. She brings that toughness for sure and it will benefit this team. I wish it would have worked out for Jasmine, but hey stuff happens I'm sure she'll land on her feet.

Reaction Score
Correct. Jamelle will be an assistant coach for the rest of the season according to UConn. Love Jamelle so that's great news. She brings that toughness for sure and it will benefit this team. I wish it would have worked out for Jasmine, but hey stuff happens I'm sure she'll land on her feet.

Unless I see this announced by Uconn, I say this is Fake News.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
We’ve all been talking about, as well as anticipating, the lineup change that appeared to be inevitable: Anna for Kyla. What I’m not sure any of us anticipated was the full impact of Anna’s presence in the starting lineup.

As I indicated in my OP, I was unable to watch the game, but it sounded like UConn ran much of their offense through Anna, who lead the team in a “dime dropping party” tonight. Anna’s presence appears to have transformed the Husky team we’ve watched for much of the season into the Huskies we’ve been used to watching for the past 12 seasons.

It’s just one game, but hopefully a very good sign of things to come, particularly on Monday night in Columbia.

Reaction Score
Probably not.....because we won't be seeing the Memphis team on Monday !
Pressure is on South Carolina. They've never beaten UConn, Dawn still needs to prove she can beat Geno, it's at their place, loads of pressure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom