Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
http://post original url/0ns962sLJt

zls44

Reaction Score
Sounds like it'll rotate year by year until they find a "good fit".

Reaction Score
Anyone find it funny that information is released on the bigeast.org website. It just seems so bizarre.

zls44

Reaction Score
I checked, Delta flies direct from BDL to Memphis five times a day, $372 round trip.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Where else would they have it? The Civic Center....really? Our weather sucks in March, the arena is small and there isn't anything to do in Hartford. Memphis is definitely the best choice, based on central location to the conference schools, entertainment available, weather in March, air-travel and the physical arena available.

Reaction Score
Where else would they have it? The Civic Center....really? Our weather sucks in March, the arena is small and there isn't anything to do in Hartford. Memphis is definitely the best choice, based on central location to the conference schools, entertainment available, weather in March, air-travel and the physical arena available.
I totally agree HuskyHawk. If we aren't so myopic about this, who from the other schools would be excited about coming to Hartford, CT in early March?

Memphis is a city I've always wanted to visit so I'm excited about it personally. I think this is a site my UConn friends will get on board for and have a party for 4 or 5 days. I spoke to a kid from the Memphis area last week, he had good things to say about the area. He said they've been doing a lot to clean the city up and things are moving along nicely. BBQ, blues clubs, hot Tennessee women and seeing the Huskies stomp other teams? I'm in, all ten toes.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I think I'll watch "The Firm" tonight. I'm interested in taking a walking tour of the path that Mitch McDeere took when he was escaping from the Quaker Oaks dude from Bandini, Lambert, & Locke.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
there isn't anything to do in Hartford.

Hartford has good restaurants, theater, museums, movies, bars and live music. The latter will be even better when Infinity Hartford opens.

What are you looking for?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I think I'll watch "The Firm" tonight. I'm interested in taking a walking tour of the path that Mitch McDeere took when he was escaping from the Quaker Oaks dude from Bandini, Lambert, & Locke.

You can listen to "Walking in Memphis" as well. I'll note that nobody ever had a hit song called "Walking in Hartford".

Reaction Score
Memphis and Biel St are awesome for hosting this tournament. It is a laid back fun, delta/blues town, lots of fried catfish, beer, music in the air, cheap food and fun. The attitude in the air there is perfect for a fun tournament. I am going to book a hotel and make it into a mini vaca. It is not a luxurious town, that is only downside. It has its share of grit and . That is only downside. Its a great place to go have fun and get out of Northeast for a couple of days. This is something they did right. Maybe next we have it in New Orleans. Let the good times roll.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
anyone ever see the Broadway play Memphis? It was a pleasant surprise for me, exceeding expectations

as for the tournament, I would have preferred the Sun or Philly, but I think I understand what they're looking for

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Hartford has good restaurants, theater, museums, movies, bars and live music. The latter will be even better when Infinity Hartford opens.

Hartford is ghost town. Compared to other cities, the nightlife sucks. The theater is the only thing above average for a city of that size, and people coming in for a tournament aren't looking for theater tickets. Bars and restaurants are below average. Hell, Providence is better in that regard. Connecticut people are so myopic. I grew up in metro Hartford, and worked there, but I don't know anyone who has ever wanted to visit it.

Reaction Score
Memphis and Biel St are awesome for hosting this tournament. It is a laid back fun, delta/blues town, lots of fried catfish, beer, music in the air, cheap food and fun. The attitude in the air there is perfect for a fun tournament. I am going to book a hotel and make it into a mini vaca. It is not a luxurious town, that is only downside. It has its share of grit and . That is only downside. Its a great place to go have fun and get out of Northeast for a couple of days. This is something they did right. Maybe next we have it in New Orleans. Let the good times roll.

Beale St. correction

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
You can listen to "Walking in Memphis" as well. I'll note that nobody ever had a hit song called "Walking in Hartford".

Is there a Haunting in Tennessee? Or Beersheba Springs Pizza, featuring Julia Roberts as a waitress?

Reaction Score
"...For 2013-14, the American Athletic Conference will include the University of Central Florida, University of Cincinnati, University of Connecticut, University of Houston, University of Louisville, University of Memphis, Rutgers University, University of South Florida, Southern Methodist University, and Temple University."

Should have began: "Change is a given but for 2013-14..."
Then finish with: "Come back in 2014-2015 and see our new and exciting all-star line-up of whoever's left, whoever's right and whoever's wrong."

Still, I hope for the day when we'll be reading:

"...For 201y-yy, the <fill in conference of choice> will include the University of Connecticut, U. of Weplayfootball, U. of Quarterbacks, Tailgate U., Southern Farmersboy State U., TDs and Hoops U., Well Endowed U., U. of TV Bucks, Sports 'R Us U., Yourassismine U., Unpilferable U., U. of God.

Reaction Score

Watch Mystery Train instead. Lots of Memphis in that one.

Reaction Score
"...For 2013-14, the American Athletic Conference will include the University of Central Florida, University of Cincinnati, University of Connecticut, University of Houston, University of Louisville, University of Memphis, Rutgers University, University of South Florida, Southern Methodist University, and Temple University."
the above quote makes me both incredibly depressed and phyically sick at the same time...

Reaction Score

About Hartford.

"Of all the beautiful towns it has been my fortune to see, this is the chief... You do not know what beauty is if you have not been here."

Reaction Score

This made me laugh really really hard.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
About Hartford.

"Of all the beautiful towns it has been my fortune to see, this is the chief... You do not know what beauty is if you have not been here."

That's because he's mostly looking at his house (or Harriett Beecher Stowe's), which is the nicest thing there. Wonder how he'd feel about it in modern times. The interstate highway system was after his time and was horrible for Hartford. I-91, killed the river front and I-84 splits it in half. I'm sure it was much nicer before that, and before the turn of the Century.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom