Memphis Game Is Sold Out | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Memphis Game Is Sold Out

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Anyone know where the best place is to get tickets from currently? Put a note up in the exchange. Should have bought earlier when they were 6 on the hub lol

Reaction Score
Funny story about that game. My buddies car blew up the second we parked in the garage. Spent the whole game in the bar talking to the police/firefighters.

Speaking from experience it’s not so funny when it’s your car on fire.

Reaction Score
I'll be there & 1 remembering the great days at the old cc . Let's be so loud that Penny needs to put the chairs in mid floor during tos. Make life miserable for pa.
Put some D on all of them like we used to in the old be.

Reaction Score
Didn’t read full thread but saw it asked a couple times, Arizona game was a sellout last year.

Okay, shifting our sights to Memphis. I think we see the rebirth of Sid Wilson, or as my friends and I like to refer to him, Sid Vicious. I want him to break a backboard on Sunday.

Reaction Score
Didn’t read full thread but saw it asked a couple times, Arizona game was a sellout last year.

Okay, shifting our sights to Memphis. I think we see the rebirth of Sid Wilson, or as my friends and I like to refer to him, Sid Vicious. I want him to break a backboard on Sunday.
I don't understand all the optimism on this board regarding Sid. I don't mean to be a hardo, and I hope he comes around like many are predicting, but what has he shown that would lead one to expect him to be a major contributor at any point, let alone this year?

That question goes out to everyone. I don't mean to pick on ccsuphanner.

Reaction Score
I don't understand all the optimism on this board regarding Sid. I don't mean to be a hardo, and I hope he comes around like many are predicting, but what has he shown that would lead one to expect him to be a major contributor at any point, let alone this year?

That question goes out to everyone. I don't mean to pick on ccsuphanner.
well, considering he comes off the bench as maybe the eighth man in the rotation, he contributes quite well with respect to his rank in the pecking order. he has remarkable athleticism and provides us with a different style of basketball (more athletic and rebounding) and can play around the rim. he's been a great contributor all season and has shown improvement in the three point shooting. oh yeah, he saved our butts against wichita state with the corner three to send it to OT. so i'd say sid is a major contributor

Reaction Score
No way. Nobody cares about the AAC teams. Once again showing That the Administration panicke in trying to go back to 1996.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
No way. Nobody cares about the AAC teams. Once again showing That the Administration panicke in trying to go back to 1996.

Never mind that Memphis is the one basketball team with a reasonable recent pedigree (though it's gone missing somehow...)

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
People care because it’s a much more exciting team than recent years and BECAUSE of the return to Big East. The sell out has nothing to do with Memphis.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
People care because it’s a much more exciting team than recent years and BECAUSE of the return to Big East. The sell out has nothing to do with Memphis.

I bought my tix because my boys have nothing going on and I found reasonably priced tickets on Seatgeek.

We have a full bye week. Not having been to a BB game yet this year and opponent are almost complete non-factors.

Reaction Score
If anyone is still looking for tickets people were posting on the event page on fb looking to sell...probably way cheaper than buying from the ticket sites.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
If anyone is still looking for tickets people were posting on the event page on fb looking to sell...probably way cheaper than buying from the ticket sites.
link?

Reaction Score
I'll be there & 1 remembering the great days at the old cc . Let's be so loud that Penny needs to put the chairs in mid floor during tos. Make life miserable for pa.
Put some D on all of them like we used to in the old be.
That place literally shook from the sound especially in the early days when half the crowd were members of the crazy unofficial alumni . State residents and serious sports fans ,Sox ,Yanks , and Mets alike , who felt UConn represented them. Success replaced them with many corporate guests who were a lot more casual fans. Half of them didn’t take their seats until after the tip-off. The diehard fans wouldn’t never even miss warmups.
Hopefully we have come full circle and the crowd resembles a 1990 Georgetown crowd. We also hope a young Memphis team will fall apart in the bedlam.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom