Status
Not open for further replies.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
He was also ejected during the Gonzaga game for a flagrant II

Nick King will pick up that slack.

Reaction Score
Seems like every player we supposedly missed out on is a complete disaster at their school or never became eligible.

Reaction Score
That is a F%$^%#& joke. The rest of it I can understand but F bombs- really?

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
That is a F%$^%#& joke. The rest of it I can understand but F bombs- really?

Our coach doesn't cuss...he's never had any alcohol or caffeine...never had a smoke...kicked a 5-star off the team (Jelan Kendrick) because he had a bad attitude.

Dom got ejected from a game to land in Pastner's dog house...then he kicked himself off the team by cussing at fellow players/coaches.

Pastner won't stand for that.

Reaction Score
Our coach doesn't cuss...he's never had any alcohol or caffeine...never had a smoke...kicked a 5-star off the team (Jelan Kendrick) because he had a bad attitude.

Dom got ejected from a game to land in Pastner's dog house...then he kicked himself off the team by cussing at fellow players/coaches.

Pastner won't stand for that.

hows that been working for you guys

Reaction Score
It's odd that Pastner won't permit cursing on his team but has no problem finding a place for kids who have been charged multiple times with sexual abuse.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
It's odd that Pastner won't permit cursing on his team but has no problem finding a place for kids who have been charged multiple times with s e xual abuse.

He was never charged...only questioned.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
hows that been working for you guys

Josh has won 76.2% of the games he's coached...beaten #5 OSU, #12 Louisville, #23 Gonzaga, #25 St. Mary's, Tennesseex3, LSUx2, Miami, Xavier, St John's, etc...maintains a perfect APR...handles the local/national media well...and seems like a really nice guy.

To answer your question...quite well, so far.

Reaction Score
He was never charged...only questioned.

You're right, my bad, should have double checked my facts before posting that. And I'm not one to pontificate when it comes to recruiting kids with "character" - because nobody really knows and every case is unique - but it seems like there are some inconsistencies in philosophy if he's willing to recruit kids with academic and character question marks, but also willing to suspend kids for something as trivial as cursing.

Reaction Score
Josh has won 76.2% of the games he's coached...beaten #5 OSU, #12 Louisville, #23 Gonzaga, #25 St. Mary's, Tennesseex3, LSUx2, Miami, Xavier, St John's, etc...maintains a perfect APR...handles the local/national media well...and seems like a really nice guy.

To answer your question...quite well, so far.

Played in a crappy conference and doesn't seem to be able to win a "big game" ever according to an alum with my company…….and he seems right. Nothing against him or you, but he has a long way to go to prove he's worthy. Not cursing is a joke I hope?

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
Played in a crappy conference and doesn't seem to be able to win a "big game" ever according to an alum with my company…….and he seems right. Nothing against him or you, but he has a long way to go to prove he's worthy. Not cursing is a joke I hope?

Sounds like you expect Josh to step in and be John Calipari...I didn't expect that.

Josh wasn't even our first pick...Memphis went after Scott Drew at Baylor and Tim Floyd who was with USC at the time.

So I look at what we dropped Josh into and think he's done a very good job.

As for CUSA...yep, crappy conference...which is why we were desperate to get out.

caw

Reaction Score
Sounds like you expect Josh to step in and be John Calipari...I didn't expect that.

Josh wasn't even our first pick...Memphis went after Scott Drew at Baylor and Tim Floyd who was with USC at the time.

So I look at what we dropped Josh into and think he's done a very good job.

As for CUSA...yep, crappy conference...which is why we were desperate to get out.

I think most here would take Pastner over Calipari, Drew or Floyd. That's a trifecta of crappy coaching with questionable ethics.

Pastner is a great recruiter but he's still got a ways to go to be a really good coach. He has issues with exploiting matchups and rotations. He's gotten much better over the past few years though. His recruiting has gotten him pretty far and his teams out-talent a lot of teams.

BTW, Calipari isn't the standard you want to hold him to, esp on this board, not many have a high opinion of Cal here.

Reaction Score
Oddly enough, most people are knocking Pastner for being too tough on a player for cussing!

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I think most here would take Pastner over Calipari
That's actually a good question. Gun to your head, only two coaches available, as much as you might hate him I have a hard time seeing most fans go with Pastner. The idea is to win, right?
I actually have a hard time hating Calipari these days. He takes advantage of the system as it is. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. But he doesn't try to pretend it's some higher calling or all about the hugs or something, which I can at least respect, somewhat.

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
I would say this season is a major test for Pastner...he has a very talented team where 5 of his main 7 players are seniors...we've got the conference we wanted, the team we wanted and now we'll see how far Josh can take them.

As for Cal...we knew what we were getting into...we were on the verge of falling off the basketball cliff and he brought us back...we payed a price in the end but I still think it was worth it.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Another guy who KO stopped recruiting who has gotten into trouble in college

Someone was cool enough to post a video where KO was speaking to kids at a Ben Gordon event. KO said he can tell by a kids' cell phone message if he is worthy of being a Husky. I'll bet this kids went something like, "duck* yo. Drop some duck***g knowledge."

Reaction Score
Dominic Woodson has come a long way and from a horrible situation back when he was young. Abandon by his mom and raised by his grandmother.

He just needs to learn to filter his language. It is a bad look for the university and himself when national tv hears you say the N word like at the Ole Spice Championship. He will learn from this and come back better.

Reaction Score
Oddly enough, most people are knocking Pastner for being too tough on a player for cussing!
For what it's worth, I think Pastner did the right thing. Of course, if Woodson was playing for Jim Calhoun, he probably wouldn't have noticed.

Reaction Score
UofMemphis, please keep posting here and ignore the people giving you sh_t. You are a good fan and I'm looking forward to another battle with your team tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom