Memphis facing multiple level 1 NCAA violations | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Memphis facing multiple level 1 NCAA violations

Reaction Score
NCAA’s investigation that ran from May 2019 to February 2021.....NCAA is pathetic, what takes's 2 years to investigate? Please don't say Covid because it should have taken about 2 months to complete not 2 years. Cleary Columbo isn't working for NCAA

As far as Kansas or Carolina ever getting punished....that's never on the table for Untouchables.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
North Carolina, Kansas, Duke, and all the P5s - when are they going to pay
Why was Zona allowed to play in the dance this year?
NCAA is a joke - punish who they want to make it look good
We all know that Penny is nor above board but come on, is he the only one?
Will LSU face the death penalty?

Penny should join the pros - the guy knows the game but he can't seem to recruit without stepping over the line. Most every coach sticks their toe over the line but Penny jumps over at times.

Reaction Score
Typical "cover-up is worse than the crime" kind of situation. They in Trouble with a capital T.

ElmCity40th

F…y’all talkin bout?
Reaction Score
This is so wack…I think nothing should or even is gonna come from this. Memphis should just thumb their noses at this as did UNC, Nc state, Kansas, and Zona. The NCAA is so out dated with these rules. It’s the Wild West out here. It’s like one of these schools suspending a player for “academic issues” when the last time you heard that one?

Reaction Score
Sounds like a bunch of penny ante stuff ( forgive the pun). Some of it is probably not even illegal any more. But, hey, it’s Memphis and they are considered bad boys. Kentucky and Duke did the same thing, the NCAA would probably give them awards.

Reaction Score
OMG this is shocking. Might be even more shocking then that squeaky clean program LSU having violations!

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
not surprised bill muurray.jpg

Reaction Score
I suspect this might have been a reason for Penny's unprofessional dealings with reporters etc. He probably knows his time there is short. Unlike most coaches who need to coach for a living, Penny is loaded and will probably just walk and leave Memphis holding the bag. He won't care if he can't coach again.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I suspect this might have been a reason for Penny's unprofessional dealings with reporters etc. He probably knows his time there is short. Unlike most coaches who need to coach for a living, Penny is loaded and will probably just walk and leave Memphis holding the bag. He won't care if he can't coach again.

It is amazing that any UConn fan would accept allegations by the NCAA at face value. The NCAA is behind only FIFA in terms of corruption in organized athletics.

Reaction Score
It is amazing that any UConn fan would accept allegations by the NCAA at face value. The NCAA is behind only FIFA in terms of corruption in organized athletics.
It's Memphis......such a fine institution...

Reaction Score
someone here had the best comment on the reddit thread

1648347887914.png

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The only client I declined to work for when I was a young lawyer.
When I was a young lawyer, the firm on the floor below ours was lead counsel for the NCAA. I had two friends who worked there. This is before they moved from KC to Indy. It’s a grifter organization. Peeling off money and spreading it to a handful of people.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
North Carolina admitted to academic fraud. Nothing from the NCAA

I don't care nor respect anything clueless, lying, P0S bureaucrats think

Reaction Score
NCAA’s investigation that ran from May 2019 to February 2021.....NCAA is pathetic, what takes's 2 years to investigate? Please don't say Covid because it should have taken about 2 months to complete not 2 years. Cleary Columbo isn't working for NCAA

As far as Kansas or Carolina ever getting punished....that's never on the table for Untouchables.
Louisville was cheating like crazy worse than Memphis and never got caught. They even hoodwinked the ACC with the invite over us at the height of the cheating.

Reaction Score
Penny can be the director of basketball operations for Sean Miller.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom