Memphis A Likely Future Opponent For MBB After AAC Membership Ends | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Memphis A Likely Future Opponent For MBB After AAC Membership Ends

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Sounds like WSU is over that tough Maui loss to Uconn in 2010. Kept them out of the dance.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Then why were you referencing my response to the person who called them a powerhouse? The whole look at their history was in response to that.

The response of your that I quoted was a direct response to @tzznandrew calling you out for not wanting to schedule Wichita. Nothing to do with the "powerhouse" argument in this thread.

Reaction Score
The response of your that I quoted was a direct response to @tzznandrew calling you out for not wanting to schedule Wichita. Nothing to do with the "powerhouse" argument in this thread.

Andrew's post referenced my point about Wichita's history. A point I made to show they are not a powerhouse.

Reaction Score
I said they were a borderline powerhouse for a good stretch of time not too long ago. Don’t misquote me.

Depends how you define powerhouse, but if we are talking about a nationally relevant contender for several years, then that’s what they were.

Do you consider VCU a borderline powerhouse? And what are you talking about with WSU, pre-2012-2013?

They've had a good run the last 7 years, but prior to that, it was spotty at best. UConn did better pre-Calhoun.

Reaction Score
Upstater needs his own forum for stupid arguments

Another Wichita State is a borderline powerhouse fan!

You guys are way too easily impressed.

There are any number of teams that get to the NCAA and make a deep run once every 3 decades.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I respect the Wichita program and fans, but I don't see us continuing to play them.

I'd like to continue to see Temple and Cincinnati on the schedule due to proximity and history. Wichita isn't close and we don't have a history aside from a couple of games.

Reaction Score
I'm not so sure that a Memphis game in 3 years is going to be against against a great team.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score

There are any number of teams that get to the NCAA and make a deep run once every 3 decades.
The argument you made was that you don’t see the appeal of Wichita State. The appeal is that they are a good program with national relevance and a top tier coach. That is all.

Reaction Score
The argument you made was that you don’t see the appeal of Wichita State. The appeal is that they are a good program with national relevance and a top tier coach. That is all.

I know. You've said it. We simply disagree. On the national relevance part. They are no more appealing than Iowa State and the like.

Reaction Score

What are you even talking about bud, I’m not participating in this stupid debate.

You need to find a hobby or something that brightens your baseline mood. You’re just looking to go after anyone and then argue over the internet to the death. You strike me as one of the more miserable people on here

Reaction Score
What are you even talking about bud, I’m not participating in this stupid debate.

You need to find a hobby or something that brightens your baseline mood. You’re just looking to go after anyone and then argue over the internet to the death. You strike me as one of the more miserable people on here

I'm talking about how the AAC has deranged enough of you into thinking Wichita State is impressive.

That much should be obvious.

As for my mood, you're on the Boneyard since 2014 and you're making comments about the arguments people get into here? What took you so long?!

Reaction Score
I'm talking about how the AAC has deranged enough of you into thinking Wichita State is impressive.
Congratulations

That much should be obvious.
Glad you feel comfortable arguing “obvious” points.

As for my mood, you're on the Boneyard since 2014 and you're making comments about the arguments people get into here? What took you so long?!
Not sure nor do I really care what exactly you mean here, like why is this the first time I’ve bemoaned BY arguments”. I don’t normally waste bandwidth talking about how other people post. I’m just observing that you are frequently at the center of some of the dumbest arguments here.

Reaction Score
Congratulations

Glad you feel comfortable arguing “obvious” points.

Not sure nor do I really care what exactly you mean here, like why is this the first time I’ve bemoaned BY arguments”. I don’t normally waste bandwidth talking about how other people post. I’m just observing that you are frequently at the center of some of the dumbest arguments here.

Thanks--you've added a lot today. Your posts are models for posting. Well done.

Oh, by the way, Wichita State is not so impressive!!!!

Reaction Score
That's why people respond. I can see now I'm dealing with a nitwit.
Hey bud if you get off on being king of the BY idiots that’s your prerogative

Just know the rest of us are laughing at you. Again, consider a creative/constructive hobby, if you have the capacity.

Reaction Score
Hey bud if you get off on being king of the BY idiots that’s your prerogative

Just know the rest of us are laughing at you. Again, consider a creative/constructive hobby, if you have the capacity.

Pretty funny coming from you, you're so very serious.
"Hey bud." Please.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There are plenty of team in the American i'd be fine playing with out of conference. Memphis is probably the best bet to be something worthwhile. Them or Cincinnati. Temple would be fine, too.

Wichita and Houston would be fun, too - but they're far away. Ditto for the Florida schools.

I'm 100% fine with Memphis being on the schedule heading forward.

Reaction Score
There are plenty of team in the American i'd be fine playing with out of conference. Memphis is probably the best bet to be something worthwhile. Them or Cincinnati. Temple would be fine, too.

Wichita and Houston would be fun, too - but they're far away. Ditto for the Florida schools.

I'm 100% fine with Memphis being on the schedule heading forward.

I think Wichita st and Houston with the best coaches are the safest bets but I hear you about travel. Cincy and Temple have new coaches and Penny needs to prove he can do more than recruit. I would only play those 5 schools though.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Why would we want to throw a bone to Houston?

Reaction Score
I think Wichita st and Houston with the best coaches are the safest bets but I hear you about travel. Cincy and Temple have new coaches and Penny needs to prove he can do more than recruit. I would only play those 5 schools though.

Give me any of the top programs located a little closer to campus and i'm fine with it. We've been a flaming pile of dog crap the last three years. I'm not in the business of speculating about who can coach, who can do what. We've got plenty to prove, too.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
My preference is to play against the best AAC teams in the given year UConn is required to play under the terms of the agreement?

My preference of university is irrelevant. My feeling is ESPN will dictate who we play against. If we have a bad upcoming season we have a greater probability of playing against the likes of ECU or Tulane on ESPN+. If we have a good season, retain the majority of our players and recruit well ESPN will want us to play against whichever team they project as having the best chance of being league champions and put the games on ESPN or ESPN 2.

I want the best reasonable SOS as possible and here’s a chance to significantly benefit. But that depends on what Hurley does this and future seasons and not which teams I have a hankering for.

C

Chief00

It's more likely going to be 3-5 high majors and 6-8 buy games. Like BField is saying (in the other thread), now that we've got 20 BE conference games, we don't need to strive for the best OOC schedule in the country.
If the 6-8 buy games is true - that means we are playing up to half non-competitive home games. At $100 to $150 a ticket that will thrill season ticket holders. The bureaucrats at UConn, who don’t have to pay these prices, have better start looking at the schedule differently if they want to charge $400 to $800 for seat donations at both Gampel and XL.
When you effectively charge $100 to $150 per ticket - you are now in the entertainment business. You better start thinking that way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom