Memorable Fan Interactions | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Memorable Fan Interactions

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I went to the George Mason debacle in DC with 3 buddies. We were 5th row behind the Mason bench, stood up the entire game, and went nuts right from the get go. We were the only UCONN fans in the entire section. About 2 minutes into the game, Mason fans asked us to sit down and be quit. We responded, "We're used to being in this spot and this is how you do it. This is the biggest game of YOUR life and maybe you should stand and cheer." They kept playing that song by Bon Jovi about living on a prayer and we told everyone around us that all they had was a prayer. Everyone around us hated us the whole game, and they probably look at people from CT like balloon knots now.

Reaction Score
I went to the George Mason debacle in DC with 3 buddies. We were 5th row behind the Mason bench, stood up the entire game, and went nuts right from the get go. We were the only UCONN fans in the entire section. About 2 minutes into the game, Mason fans asked us to sit down and be quit. We responded, "We're used to being in this spot and this is how you do it. This is the biggest game of YOUR life and maybe you should stand and cheer." They kept playing that song by Bon Jovi about living on a prayer and we told everyone around us that all they had was a prayer. Everyone around us hated us the whole game, and they probably look at people from CT like balloon knots now.

Honestly can't believe they didn't have anyone to sit you down shame in the George Mason fans in that area. While I respect your passion, I really do, there's a reason they probably look at UConn fans as a***oles from that game until this day.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I was at a UConn/St. Johns game at MSG in either 1994 or 1995. UConn won, but my memory is a little fuzzy of the game's events. The crowd was 50/50 UConn/SJU, and pretty tame overall. My section was mostly older UConn fans, and I was one of the few college age fans in it.

At some point in the second half, two SJU fans, probably in their late 20's or early 30's, walk into the section, then start moving across a row. These were both pretty big guys, and one of the guys was drunk and looking for trouble. He grabs a UConn student in the section and says "what were you saying to me?" I don't think the UConn fan had been saying anything, because it was just kind of a quiet section, but it was so sudden that everyone froze for a moment.

I will never forgot what happens next. This frumpy woman who was probably in her late 50's says "why don't you leave him alone and get out of here you loser?" to the SJU fans. If a young guy had said that, there would have been a fight, but the two SJU fans didn't know what to do about a middle-aged woman saying that. The whole section exploded in laughter, and then started verbal abusing these guys. The drunk SJU fan wanted to do something about it, but his friend pulled him out of the row and they went back to their section. This woman is probably close to 80 years old if she is still alive, but I will never forget her diffusing a tense situation while also humiliating the SJU fan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom