OT: - Melo to Thunder | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Melo to Thunder

Reaction Score
Yeah No $ hit, way to cut out the last part of my sentence.
Hey, sorry man, I definitely wasn't trying to rag on your post. When you said, "but it's the Knicks," I thought you meant, "the Knicks are snake-bit" or the "Knicks are like the Browns and will never be good." My rhetorical question "is it the same ownership" wasn't meant to attack your thought, but rather to focus on what I think the real issue is - really bad ownership. Sorry for the poor wording.

Reaction Score
That creates other issue tho. Like a Boston v Portland first round series. The travel would be insane

I don't think it'd be an issue as long as all series are 2-3-2. Teams have luxurious private jets and the league drags out every series to the nth degree. They already get two days off between enough games. It's not like we're in the 1970s still in terms of travel.

Reaction Score
Hey, sorry man, I definitely wasn't trying to rag on your post. When you said, "but it's the Knicks," I thought you meant, "the Knicks are snake-bit" or the "Knicks are like the Browns and will never be good." My rhetorical question "is it the same ownership" wasn't meant to attack your thought, but rather to focus on what I think the real issue is - really bad ownership. Sorry for the poor wording.

Its all good, a part of me believes the Knicks are snake bit but bottom line James Dolan is the owner and as long as he's the owner things will never change. Ive been kind of numb to the Knicks sucking.

Reaction Score
I know the NBA has been discussing a lot of significant rule changes but they're sticking with the 1-basketball-on-the-court thing, right?

I'll believe Melo and Russ can co-exist when I see it.
And then Paul George is over there "hey guys... remember me...?"

Reaction Score
That creates other issue tho. Like a Boston v Portland first round series. The travel would be insane
Chartered jets and the fact that games aren't every day make this much less of a big deal, IMO. 2 one place, extra rest, 2 next place, then space the games.

Reaction Score
You are holding a few games of international play as more important than a 14 year pro career? Melo's reputation is well earned, and he is way past his prime This is a great deal for the Knicks.
When has Carmelo ever had another real star on his team? When has he ever been, objectively, not the best scorer on his team? He played with an over the hill Iverson, Chauncy Billups, a hurt Stoudemire (and that's when the Knicks were good), JR Smith. I mean, am I missing something? He's had no one. Porzingas was probably the better player, but not the better scorer, the last few years.

I may be wrong here, but I think he's going to be better than people think on that team. Now, the trio of them...

Reaction Score
Every Knick fan with a brain should be celebrating today.
Celebrating what? Theyll be in the basement in the east with no sign of being any good anytime soon. Its going to be brutal being a Knick fan. Just wait to see if Porzingis turns into an all star level player and then he leaves in a couple years.

Reaction Score
When has Carmelo ever had another real star on his team? When has he ever been, objectively, not the best scorer on his team? He played with an over the hill Iverson, Chauncy Billups, a hurt Stoudemire (and that's when the Knicks were good), JR Smith. I mean, am I missing something? He's had no one. Porzingas was probably the better player, but not the better scorer, the last few years.

I may be wrong here, but I think he's going to be better than people think on that team. Now, the trio of them...

Completely agree. Melo certainly didn't help himself with a lot of his hero ball on the Knicks but he showed over the course of multiple Olympics that when he knows he's not the best/the only good player on a team he can accept his role. Hell, there were some Olympics where he looked like the best player on the team because playing with that kind of talent freed him up to be a spot up shooting, actual defense playing, rebounding and hustling version of himself.

So in order of effectiveness - hoodie melo > olympic melo > syracuse melo > knicks melo

Reaction Score
AFAICT, Melo hasn't shown the ability (or perhaps willingness) to play with anyone else. He just expects everyone else to stay out of his way on offense and cover for him on defense.

I think the issue is more Westbrook than Melo here. Maybe if RWB ever stopped launching 28 footers 5 seconds into possessions I'd take any team with him on it more seriously.

Reaction Score

That's the argument I always make. He made a conference finals out in the west with less than a great team. If he were put in the Bosh spot during the Miami run I don't imagine how things turn out any worse for them.

Reaction Score
I have bashed Presti a ton for his terrible roster construction year after year.

He just turned Oladipo, Sabonis, McDermott and Kanter into Melo and PG. Kudos.
Presti is brilliant, best GM in Basketball, not sure why you have bashed him, silly goose, go look at some of those deals he made.

Reaction Score
Presti is brilliant, best GM in Basketball, not sure why you have bashed him, silly goose, go look at some of those deals he made.

I'll agree with Alt KD on this one, thanks.

Reaction Score
Celebrating what? Theyll be in the basement in the east with no sign of being any good anytime soon. Its going to be brutal being a Knick fan. Just wait to see if Porzingis turns into an all star level player and then he leaves in a couple years.

That that me-first phony is finally out of there. They're going to be crappy and rebuilding regardless, might as well get that blackhole out of there.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Anthony is a talented basketball player, but he's just the wrong kind of player to go all in on.

There's no way around it - he's selfish.

I'm not impressed that he played team ball at the Olympics. It shouldn't take surrounding him with a dozen of the best players on the planet for him to realize that he had to be a cog in the machine. And that's what it took - without that, he couldn't even co-exist with Jeremy Lin without becoming jealous of the attention he wasn't getting.

Reaction Score

As a Knicks fan i agree with this. However the other knock on Mel is that he wasnt willing to take less money or take some sort of sacrifice to play around more talent. I'm of the belief that a player shouldnt have to do that, and i almost look down on players that do do that to get an edge. However, by forcing a trade to the Knicks and gutting the team, he set himself up for failure. Furthermore, its just the way things are in today's NBA, if you want alot of talent around you, somebody has to take less money. Without making a sacrifice, you wont be able to compete for a title and create the kind of legacy you are looking for. I wish him well though, I think he gets unfairly criticized a bit. I think this year in OKC we'll all see more how Melo should fit in with the right players around him.

Reaction Score
Knicks fan. Won a Carmelo shirt at my nephews stag six years ago. Literally could sell the shirt as brand new but don’t want to get a bad review on eBay for selling a Carmelo shirt at all.

Any trade where he’s gone is a big plus in my book....

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
How is this offense going to work? What are westbrook and George going to do when melo is isolating? Can melo accept he's the third wheel?

Reaction Score
This should end the Ollie to OKC rumors. They just traded for a player who's toes are in his own pocket.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom