2025 Recruiting: - Meleek Thomas wants to visit UConn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Meleek Thomas wants to visit UConn

Reaction Score
Hurley hasn't lost his last game of the year since 2022 and has a puncher's chance (at least) at making history this season and next. He just got all five of his starters invited to the NBA combine after Sanogo, Jackson, and Hawkins last year. His kids love him and the culture he's built so much that the handful of transfers he's had in the last few years have been limited to walk-ons and end-of-the-bench schollies like Glue and Naheim. Unless the kid wants to brag to everyone about how Coach Cal tried giving him the hard sell on getting the clear coat on a Buick Regal and hear some entertaining stories (I'm sure Cal has a ton of them), I'm not really $ure what the deci$ion i$ here.

Reaction Score
Hurley hasn't lost his last game of the year since 2022 and has a puncher's chance (at least) at making history this season and next. He just got all five of his starters invited to the NBA combine after Sanogo, Jackson, and Hawkins last year. His kids love him and the culture he's built so much that the handful of transfers he's had in the last few years have been limited to walk-ons and end-of-the-bench schollies like Glue and Naheim. Unless the kid wants to brag to everyone about how Coach Cal tried giving him the hard sell on getting the clear coat on a Buick Regal and hear some entertaining stories (I'm sure Cal has a ton of them), I'm not really $ure what the deci$ion i$ here.
Nahiem Alleyne was not an end of the bench guy. He started 8 games and averaged the 6th most minutes on the team.

Reaction Score
If u grew up poor, or even middle class, you’re 18 and u have the chance to get 1 mil plus? I totally get it. when it was under the table 50k was a deciding factor. cant look at this from the perspective of a 50 yr old guy from the burbs making 300k a year
Not every situation is the same but I don't think it's fair to say every poor or middle class kid and his parents are unable to see the potential longer term benefits of decisions they make.

My take is it depends on whether or not you and your parents believe coaching can make a difference in the years you'll be in college.

If you believe most coaches are like Calimari, who makes it about himself and how "HE" gets you into the NBA, you'll be more inclined to take the money and run.

But if, as some kids seem to be indicating by their comments on DH and our staff's coaching ability, you believe you can develop more with good coaching and be better prepared for what you'll face in the NBA, you'll do as McNeeley reportedly did and choose the better coaching.

Reaction Score
I’ve never understood how/why a 1-and-done would care much about NIL. You’ll get a bag anyway and then you’re off to making millions in the league. Playing the NIL game should be more for the fringe guys who’ll probably end up in Europe or 2-way NBA deals.
Because a lot of kids and their families don't see the bigger picture. Guys like Castle and McNeeley are unique, they already think like pros and they see the enormous value in what UConn is offering.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Doesn’t matter if he is a 5++ Star, Kid has to go through the Hurley’s Character Combine. Thats part of the secret sauce.
Very apt description. No hero ball here.

Reaction Score
After watching this game and thinking almost everyone looked really good, I realized I might not be the greatest talent evaluater lmao. But he was the leader of the team, they beat Nightrydas in double overtime. He plays more of a shooting guard. I saw him directing and leading the team throughout the game. Dropped 25.

Self aware comments have no place on the yard

Reaction Score
Although Arkansas and Indiana indicates money as a factor, I like our chances whenever Hurley gets someone on campus.
Hurley can clearly sell UCONN is not about the $$ it’s about Championships. The guy turned down what is reportedly the largest contract per year for any head coach anywhere!
These kids will get paid and fairly but it won’t be about money. When they come in for a visit they are auditioning for Hurley as much as he is selling UCONN to them! If Hurley and the staff want him I believe we will get him.

Reaction Score
This is so true overall that you don’t need to embellish the point. Naheim was the first man off the bench almost every game the 22-23 season. There is no universe where he was an end of the bench schollie.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If Naheim stays we don't get Cam. So, though I was disappointed to see him leave, his chasing playing time at St. John's ended up being critical to the 24th championship run.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I'm watching him play right now. I'll post my full thoughts and stats later, but wow... This kid is the REAL deal guys. We better push for a commit on this visit.

He’s really good. I can’t imagine he’s committing quickly, but that would be HUGE.

2025 has some big boys, but he could be the best guard in the class.

Reaction Score
I'm watching him play right now. I'll post my full thoughts and stats later, but wow... This kid is the REAL deal guys. We better push for a commit on this visit.
Is this the game you watched?

2. Five-Star Plus+ Meleek Thomas

Night one, Meleek Thomas provided the fireworks. The 6-foot-3 guard made play after play leading his New Heights Lightning team to a double-overtime win over defending Peach Jam champion Nightrydas. Thomas was pure electricity, using a jet-quick first step to live in the paint where he was able to distribute or finish with touch. He guarded the ball well, using quick hands and a tenacious mentality. Thomas finished with a game-high 25 points. But it was the pressure he put on the opposing team’s defense, and at the point of attack that opened things up for his teammates.

Reaction Score
Is this the game you watched?

2. Five-Star Plus+ Meleek Thomas

Night one, Meleek Thomas provided the fireworks. The 6-foot-3 guard made play after play leading his New Heights Lightning team to a double-overtime win over defending Peach Jam champion Nightrydas. Thomas was pure electricity, using a jet-quick first step to live in the paint where he was able to distribute or finish with touch. He guarded the ball well, using quick hands and a tenacious mentality. Thomas finished with a game-high 25 points. But it was the pressure he put on the opposing team’s defense, and at the point of attack that opened things up for his teammates.

I watched the one where he put up 28, lol. Kid is good.

Reaction Score
Really? Why do billionaires grab every crumb they can?
And you know this because you personally know how many billionaires? Don’t hate on players for maximizing their income or billionaires. I am sure you maximize your income. I personally know 1 billionaire and he is the most generous, kind, thoughtful person i know.

Reaction Score
Don’t fall for the “we will get you in the NBA” nonsense, young man. ANY college coach worth a darn could get you in the NBA with the talent you have now. Who will MAXIMIZE your talent and help to make you the best player you can be?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom