Mel Thomas | The Boneyard

Mel Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I know this is dated, and may have been posted, but I'm seeing this for the first time.

It is great to see how well Mel is doing and hi highly people think of her.

I thought it was quite striking that they have a gallery of five photos, and four are UConn related.

It is also old news to many of you (as John Altavilla mentioned it some time ago), but I just realized Mel will be at the Paradise Jam, so it will be great to see her there.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
"To have somebody who has been associated with (UConn's) success I think is something you want to include in your program," Smesko said. "I thought she would be valuable in terms of ideas and how they ran the program there. And she has."

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Mel should be in the Virgin Islands for the Paradise Jam as Florida Gulf Coast is one of the participants. I'll try to get a word from Mel for the board, assuming I make it to the V.I. Our tickets are on American Airlines :(

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I texted Mel about the Paradise Jam trip - her response—"I'm so excited!!".

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Mel should be in the Virgin Islands for the Paradise Jam as Florida Gulf Coast is one of the participants. I'll try to get a word from Mel for the board, assuming I make it to the V.I. Our tickets are on American Airlines :(
Look at the good side, Nan, you might be able to pick up some nice carry out seats for your home theater area. I, especially, suggest checking out those first class seats.

Reaction Score

I like your chances.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Isn't American, more or less the only way to go?

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
When we went to the Paradise Jam, we flew American in and out of Miami. It worked just fine.

The players did not fly by charter, but commercial airlines just like us. On the return trip, several of them (including, coincidentally, Mel Thomas) were killing time (and sodas and potato chips and such) at the terminal. Mel was engrossed in her laptop, others were snoozing or just relaxing and we struck up a lengthy conversation with Tahirah Williams which was most enjoyable.

We have only fond memories of that trip and I only wish that it were physically possible for me to do it again.

I still haven't gotten over the unusual pleasure of watching games at such close range (almost courtside) with ThisJustIn, then enjoying a Heineken at halfime in a high school gym.

Reaction Score
I know this is dated, and may have been posted, but I'm seeing this for the first time.

It is great to see how well Mel is doing and hi highly people think of her.

I thought it was quite striking that they have a gallery of five photos, and four are UConn related.

It is also old news to many of you (as John Altavilla mentioned it some time ago), but I just realized Mel will be at the Paradise Jam, so it will be great to see her there.
Florida Gulf Coast University had a great season last year. I had every intention of going to a game to cheer on Mel's new team while wintering in FL but just never got around to it. Although the team has graduated some of its best players I am going to make sure I get to a couple of their games. Much easier to get good tickets than for UConn games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom