Megan Walker | The Boneyard

Megan Walker

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Keep it up, kiddo, and we’ll see your name on the wall next year. I always believed in you.

Poor Meg. As a freshman, she didn’t start out playing the way she is now and was absolutely excoriated by a handful of people. Now, fans are just expecting her to be spectacular each game.

Take heart, Meg, you’re now in Maya territory. ;)

Reaction Score
I have to hand it to both Geno and Megan. To Geno for sticking to his methods during her freshman campaign, as bleak as it was back then when things were hitting rock bottom. And to Megan for not throwing in the towel and for deciding that SHE COULD AND WOULD DO THIS. Two remarkable people we have right there.

Last edited:

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I have to hand it to both Geno and Megan. To Geno for sticking to his methods during her freshman campaign, as bleak as it was back then when things were hitting rock bottom. And to Megan for not throwing in the towel and for deciding that SHE COULD AND WOULD DO THIS. Two remarkable people we have right there.
Indeed, how many people on this board were sure that she would transfer after her freshman year because Geno was being so mean to her, and severely reducing her minutes?

Instead she has become yet another example of how his particular brand of tough love has successfully developed a player to be nearly all that she can be.

Prediction: The same thing will happen with Anna and Aubrey.

Reaction Score
Indeed, how many people on this board were sure that she would transfer after her freshman year because Geno was being so mean to her, and severely reducing her minutes?

Instead she has become yet another example of how his particular brand of tough love has successfully developed a player to be nearly all that she can be.

I don't believe he'll need any tough love with Griffin.

Reaction Score

Not gonna lie, I was worried that she would transfer. So many players have that mindset these days, that if I don't start or get "X" minutes, I am going some place else. Glad that Megan stuck around and understood her role on the team at the time. Now, great things are happening for her.

Reaction Score
I didn’t think she would transfer. I felt some of her classmates would. #1 recruits never transfer to my knowledge.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Not gonna lie, I was worried that she would transfer. So many players have that mindset these days, that if I don't start or get "X" minutes, I am going some place else. Glad that Megan stuck around and understood her role on the team at the time. Now, great things are happening for her.

You were not alone. Meg sets a great example of persistence and fortitude for the young ones.

Reaction Score
Keep it up, kiddo, and we’ll see your name on the wall next year. I always believed in you.

Poor Meg. As a freshman, she didn’t start out playing the way she is now and was absolutely excoriated by a handful of people. Now, fans are just expecting her to be spectacular each game.

Maya terratory???

Reaction Score

Thanks! If there is a kid on this Uconn team that needs and has earned a cheerleader it is MEGAN WALKER. She is putting this team on her back and pulling out victories. Thanks, Megan earned this praise.

Reaction Score
Meg is on a path to define the season for UConn. Hopefully Dangerfield will become the senior leader she has the potential to be. Then the season will get more exciting for our team.
Dangerfield is still recovering from surgery. SHE IS the senior leader and is fulfilling her potential. 3 games in and it is an exciting season. For the early season, while this New TEAM gels it may be bumpy even bumpy can be fun. The old Dee Rowe teams were the Cardiac kids because they could be up by 30 then end to win by 2.
Geno spoiled us--40 even 60 point blowouts--they will come but not soon.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
When I lived in Chesterfield, VA I had the wonderful opportunity to watch Megan and her Monacan HS teammates as they won 3 straight state championships. Back then, Megan had this incredible quality to basically lay back during a game, get her teammates involved and then takeover the game, doing whatever was necessary whenever it was needed.

I am seeing that same Megan Walker emerge again and it’s absolutely exhilarating. She’s much stronger and more skilled than she was in HS, but just like HS, she’s becoming UConn’s “Money Player” whenever she needs to be.

Reaction Score
Dangerfield is still recovering from surgery. SHE IS the senior leader and is fulfilling her potential. 3 games in and it is an exciting season. For the early season, while this New TEAM gels it may be bumpy even bumpy can be fun. The old Dee Rowe teams were the Cardiac kids because they could be up by 30 then end to win by 2.
Geno spoiled us--40 even 60 point blowouts--they will come but not soon.

hey, you may even find that scrapping to win games is even more fun than winning big. It would be something different anyway.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
hey, you may even find that scrapping to win games is even more fun than winning big. It would be something different anyway.
Most BY’ers are a bit older and don’t necessarily need or want any additional excitement in their lives, including close games by our beloved Huskies, which translates to any game UConn doesn’t win by 20+. ;)

Reaction Score
I like Megan just same as I like Katie Lou, Phessa and Stewart..

1573743129040.png

Last edited:

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Maya terratory???
When I made that comparison after the two exhibition games, at least one poster thought I was leaping to unwarranted conclusions. After two "real" games (admittedly not against the best competition), I see no reason to withdraw the comparison. We will see how she does against other Top 10 teams, but at this point, I think she is contributing as much in games as Maya normally did, albeit with a few less "highlight reel" plays.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom